Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy Injured. All 3 QB's have a chance to start.

McElroy Injured. All 3 QB's have a chance to start.

Per PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lay-for-sunda/

By Mike Florio
    Dec 26, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
    McElroy is injured, which puts all three quarterbacks in play for Sunday

Jets coach Rex Ryan went nearly four years without playing a meaningless game.

The new streak will last only one week.

The 6-9 Jets close out their 2012 season with a trip to Buffalo. And there’s a chance that quarterback Greg McElroy’s streak as the starter also will last at only one week, too.

Via multiple reports, Ryan said Wednesday that McElroy has an abdominal issue. (Given that he was sacked 11 times on Sunday, it’s surprising he still has an abdomen at all.)

While McElroy is expected to practice, his availability for Sunday suddenly is in question. And it could mean that Mark Sanchez and/or Tim Tebow will play.

As long as, you know, Tebow is OK with playing.

Maybe this week he’ll tell the coach right before kickoff that he’s willing to do whatever the team needs him to do.
    Last edited by Green Bandit; 12-26-2012 at 02:01 PM.

And I meant QBs not starters -_-

Thanks Ray Ray. I just figure it out. Damn technology

I want Sanchez to play, final game, can have a good game and give himself a good platform to go into the off-season with. Braylon will be in his third game, would love to see a Sanchez/Braylon TD.

McElroy does nothing for me, and Tebow can play on defense for all I care.

Sanchez is going have one of the most difficult off-season's of his career, so be it, I want competition brought in, but I'm rooting for Sanchez to persevere.

I think just for f***s sake we start Tebow.

We'll prob lose and show Jets Fans why he's not a good fit.

It's a win win IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

I deleted my post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we just forfeit and take the loss? If not, start sanchez. That guarantees a loss.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I want Sanchez to play, final game, can have a good game and give himself a good platform to go into the off-season with. Braylon will be in his third game, would love to see a Sanchez/Braylon TD.

McElroy does nothing for me, and Tebow can play on defense for all I care.

Sanchez is going have one of the most difficult off-season's of his career, so be it, I want competition brought in, but I'm rooting for Sanchez to persevere.
    But is there any benefit of playing him ?

I mean McElroy and Tebow I understand. But I don't see any positives of Sanchez having any reps.

The most he could do is kill it like he did in week 1 and give us false hopes.

No ego issues here.

a LOSS this week is in the best interests of this franchise.
    The better the draft pick, the sooner we will have our heads back above water...

I think just for f***s sake we start Tebow.

We'll prob lose and show Jets Fans why he's not a good fit.

It's a win win IMO
    Exactly have him pass down field often like they let curly pass once.

Let see what tebow got!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Play Kerley
    This

Hall Of Fame
    Start Kerley. Have 3 QBs dressed and sitting the bench.

Slick beat me to it.

I mean McElroy and Tebow I understand. But I don't see any positives of Sanchez having any reps.

There's zero benefit of starting Tebow. He's gone next year, there's no point to give him the start. Chances are we're stuck with Sanchez next year because of his contract. Might as well play him one last time.

Jets Insider VIP
    As long as they cut Teblow and fire Tanny and Sparano on Monday

We can sit back and let s new Director of Football Operations/General Manager get hired and srart working on fixing what needs fixing

Cleaning out those first three cogs in the mess is the essential first step

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well, if you really want to get Sanchez his confidence back, play him

He's had some of his best games against the Bills, especially at Buffalo the last couple of seasons

I'm not saying thats what I want to see, but if the organization has any hope of salvaging him for next season, give it a shot

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Ha ha ha.

Greg Pennington, Chad McElroy as expected.

SAR I

A win on Sunday drops us from the 7th or 8th pick to the 12th-15th pick in the draft. Leave it to the Jets to screw this up and win this game. I say start whoever gives us the best chance to lose.

Wouldn't it be nice to have that high pick where we could trade down and pick up an extra 2 this year or 1 next year??? Go Bills!

Because I believe Sanchez is getting a raw deal from the fans, and not everything that has happened with the team this year on offense has been his fault, and even with his poor play, I think his struggles are a by-product of the team he has had healthy around him, and confidence that has been shaken as a result of those injuries and never really being able to gain any chemistry with his skill position players in a new offense, and believe he deserves a shot to compete for the position next year as one final chance, to try and create a positive end to the season, going into a game like this Sunday and using it as an opportunity to create that final platform going into the off-season to ready himself for the battle of his career.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.