Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McElroy Injured. All 3 QB's have a chance to start.

Jets Insider VIP
    All better than Mark Leinertchez

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

What a joke. I hope Tebow starts and gets destroyed. Double the sacks McElroy took, and twice as intense a beating. Send every one of these dopes limping home for the offseason. Just wish Rex could get flattened by a rampaging DE, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because I believe Sanchez is getting a raw deal from the fans, and not everything that has happened with the team this year on offense has been his fault, and even with his poor play, I think his struggles are a by-product of the team he has had healthy around him, and confidence that has been shaken as a result of those injuries and never really being able to gain any chemistry with his skill position players in a new offense, and believe he deserves a shot to compete for the position next year as one final chance, there are a lot of positives, going into a game like this Sunday and using it as an opportunity to create that final platform going into the off-season to ready himself for the battle of his career.
    Can you elaborate on this? Not just for me, but for everyone else who is questioning the potential of Sanchez these days. What positives did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Can you elaborate on this? Not just for me, but for everyone else who is questioning the potential of Sanchez these days. What positives did you see?
    to try and create a positive end to the season

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    A win on Sunday drops us from the 7th or 8th pick to the 12th-15th pick in the draft.
    I think if we lose, we'll probably be around 9 or 10. One site showed ~11 if we lose, ~14 if we win...

http://fansided.com/2012/12/24/2013-...rder-and-odds/

Personally, I think we should rotate the QBs each play. McElroy gets first down, Tebow gets 2nd, and then Sanchez has 3rd down to work his magic. It's a win-win-win! I suspect this is what Sporano is leaning towards.

tebow is the best qb on the roster its a no brainer. but wait rex doesnt have a brain only a mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because I believe Sanchez is getting a raw deal from the fans, and not everything that has happened with the team this year on offense has been his fault, and even with his poor play, I think his struggles are a by-product of the team he has had healthy around him, and confidence that has been shaken as a result of those injuries and never really being able to gain any chemistry with his skill position players in a new offense, and believe he deserves a shot to compete for the position next year as one final chance, to try and create a positive end to the season, going into a game like this Sunday and using it as an opportunity to create that final platform going into the off-season to ready himself for the battle of his career.
    The only thing positive to come of Sanchez's 4 year tenure were the 2 trips to the AFCCG. That was achieved in spite of Sanchez, not because of Sanchez.

This is an interesting albeit scary question of who to start if McElroy was too injured to go on Sunday. Fortunately, it's also hypothetical as McElroy is fully practicing and will start vs the Bills.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-injury-report

Cut Tebow on Monday or sooner. Send Sanchez to a shrink or hypnotist this off season. Ideally sign a vet, I guess. And then let Sanchez, Mac, and the vet fight it out next summer. This won't result in our having a top tier QB next season, but i think that's the reality. And meanwhile keep adding other pieces and looking for who can be the long term answer at qb

Start Sanchez. We lose, it's a win win.

All League
    KER-LEY. KER-LEY!

Jets Insider VIP
    GMac will start

Sanchez will back up

Timmy the Turd will pack his garbage bag and head out of town on Monday

THANK THE LORD

Undrafted Free Agent

Lightbulb

What a great opportunity for the windbag Ryan!

If he starts Tebow and Tebow plays well, perhaps they could entice a team to trade for Tebow. Rex could answer critics postgame questions about "why" he didn't play Tebow at QB sooner, by simply stating that one game does not a trend make, or Buffalo is "down" this year, the team played loose and carefree football, etc.

Then again, if Tebow stinks it up as the starter vs. Buffalo, then Ryan's apparent steadfast refusal to use Tebow this season as a QB is vindicated based on the "fact" that Tebow does indeed "suck".

The "flim-flam man" cannot lose face at all by starting Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully Useless Timmy is not starting and hopefully not playing

He needs to be heading to the airport early on Monday so you don't want him tiring himself out by losing yardage on running plays and throwing the ball to points unknown on passing plays

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    GMac will start

Sanchez will back up

Timmy the Turd will pack his garbage bag and head out of town on Monday

THANK THE LORD
    You've been on Tebow all season long even though he's barely played a lick. Your hatred clearly runs deep. I'm guessing you hate the fact that he's a God fearing Christian.

But I have to ask this, do you REALLY think if given the same chance as your once-predicted future HOFer, Sanchez, to start the same number of games, that Tebow wouldn't have been able to win 5 lousy games like Mark?

I still have no idea how that cancer McEroy is even still on the team. Hope his dog pisses in his helmet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You've been on Tebow all season long even though he's barely played a lick. Your hatred clearly runs deep. I'm guessing you hate the fact that he's a God fearing Christian.

But I have to ask this, do you REALLY think if given the same chance as your once-predicted future HOFer, Sanchez, to start the same number of games, that Tebow wouldn't have been able to win 5 lousy games like Mark?
    what do you care, you stinking troll jacka$$??

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what do you care, you stinking troll jacka$$??

Why do I bother even asking you a question? All anyone can expect from you is that you'll forever be old, angry, and totally worthless.

Your next football related post will be your first.

What if Tebow starts and plays great? What kind of mess does that create? Does that help the Jets get a better draft pick for him or does it make the Jets look stupid for not playing him all season? I don't see any positives without the negatives there.

One problem with Tebow is that even if he was an effective NFL QB, it's hard to imagine him being effective enough to compensate for the media circus he creates. Let's throw out a couple for instances. If Mark Sanchez carried that level of media circus, would he be worth it? Definitely no. How about Joe Flacco? Pretty surely no. What about Tony Romo? Or Eli Manning? I still say no.

Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Brees or Peyton Manning? Ok...now we are talking and they are great enough on the field to make the media ridiculousness worth it in my hypothetical scenario.

All that aside, and I guess on a related note, we also now know that Tebow is clubhouse cancer like Holmes, Randy Moss, TO, etc. now that we know he refused to play when told he wasn't starting. So he's a diva who has also drawn out criticisms from teammates from Denver and the Jets.

Very much not worth it, even if he was a good NFL QB

BEST SEASON EVER