Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rex is a liar tebow tells the truth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

rex is a liar tebow tells the truth.

Tim Tebow did his best to clarify the flurry of reports that have come out since Sunday's loss to the Chargers -- a game where Tebow did not play and was replaced in the Wildcat formation by Jeremy Kerley.

He denied asking out of the Wildcat during a meeting with Rex Ryan on Tuesday, shortly after he found out he would not be the starter on Sunday. Tebow said that he did, however, thoroughly express his unhappiness about the decision for the first time in a "man to man" talk with Ryan; the first of which he's had all year. He told Ryan that he wanted to play "regular quarterback," something he reiterated several times.

Later on in the week, Tebow said he and Ryan still spoke sparingly, but after seeing Kerley's increased repetitions in the formation on Thursday, Tebow sought the coach out to clear the air and make sure he was not misunderstood.

Tebow only had a few Wildcat reps on Thursday. The Friday meeting was the next time Ryan was available for a talk.

"I said 'yeah, I'm frustrated with this,' absolutely and he knew that, he knew that I was frustrated by me saying it, but I didn't ask out, or say I wouldn't do anything," Tebow said.

He added: "(A possible misunderstanding) is why I expressed back to him Friday, I said 'Coach, you still know I'll do anything for this team, right? I'll do whatever,'" Tebow said. "He appreciated that, I think he knew that but I think he appreciated me going back and saying it."

Tebow said that his Christmas "wasn't the best" because he spent time hearing analysts bash his character and assume that he "quit" on the team by asking out of the Wildcat. Tebow wanted to clear up that sentiment on Wednesday with reporters.

"I didn't say I wouldn't do anything, that is not the truth," Tebow said. "For it just to come out and for people to run with it about my character and not being a good teammate, I think that's disappointing because your reputation is who you are and my reputation means a lot to me."

Later, he added: "You work your whole life to build a reputation. Then people try to bring you down when they don't understand what happened."

Tebow wished he was more clear with an ESPN reporter he spoke to late on Sunday after the game so he could curb the rumors before they took off.

"That was not it at all, it was just me asking for an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback," Tebow said. "I can't lie about that, I was definitely disappointed (in McElroy being named the starter), he knew that, he understood the frustration and we talked about it for a while."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matterm T-minus 6 days and counting till he's gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who was this bum, Teblow??

Was he ever on the Jets?

these are the questions that will be asked starting NEXT MONDAY when finally, thank the lord, his useless act is shipped out of town on the next plane to Jacksonville

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    correction warfish

Wednesday 4:30 PM

to Monday morning

Less than five days to ridding the Jets of Teblow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Doesn't matterm T-minus 6 days and counting till he's gone.
    Exactly, who cares at this point about anything Tebow related.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another symptom of a poor leader. When Ryan was confronted straight up by one of his subordinates, one-on-one, he indirectly and cowardly "slapped it down" by punishing the subordinate.

Message sent by Ryan? "All you dumbass players STFU. I make the decisions here and don't give a rats ass about your piddly issues".

Ryan's decisions, conduct, demeanor, all scream "poor leader".

Can this fool.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Was he ever on the Jets?

these are the questions that will be asked starting NEXT MONDAY when finally, thank the lord, his useless act is shipped out of town on the next plane to Jacksonville
    tebow would have had this team gearing up for the playoffs instead we miserate and point fingers at all the wrong people. stupid is what stupid does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, GMCJet, you should stick to leaky diesels

you are the village idiot of this village when it comes to football

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he didn't ask out of the Wildcat.

he just asked to play "regular quarterback."

which means he asked not to play Wildcat.

glad we cleared that up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Was he ever on the Jets?

Maybe he can take you with him ... Now that would really make my new year !!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly, who cares at this point about anything Tebow related.
    you just nailed it, 101

there is really no need for Jet fans to discuss this hideous mistake any further. In 5 days he will be gone, goodbye forever

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Maybe he can take you with him ... Now that would really make my new year !!!
    i agree this guy does nothing but ridicule other posters and posts nothing about football. no wonder hes banned from other sites why not here?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Yet another symptom of a poor leader. When Ryan was confronted straight up by one of his subordinates, one-on-one, he indirectly and cowardly "slapped it down" by punishing the subordinate.

Message sent by Ryan? "All you dumbass players STFU. I make the decisions here and don't give a rats ass about your piddly issues".

Ryan's decisions, conduct, demeanor, all scream "poor leader".

Can this fool.
    "B-but he deserves one more year."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    he didn't ask out of the Wildcat.

he just asked to play "regular quarterback."

which means he asked not to play Wildcat.

glad we cleared that up

Umm, Logic fail ?

Asking to play "regular QB", or even stating that you'd rather play "regular QB" isn't even close to asking or saying that you don't want to, or won't, play Wildcat QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Ryan is rehired, then there is no doubt in my mind that our suffering will continue. He is a horrible HC, horrible game manager, horrible evaluator and wants to be loved by his players, not respected. He must go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree this guy does nothing but ridicule other posters and posts nothing about football. no wonder hes banned from other sites why not here?

well, probably not wise for you to cry for bans here at JI since you in yout GMCJet user ID were already permabanned here and had to reregister with this Nike ID to come back

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, Logic fail ?

Asking to play "regular QB", or even stating that you'd rather play "regular QB" isn't even close to asking or saying that you don't want to, or won't, play Wildcat QB.
    good news Demo

starting next Monday he will be on his way to playing regular quarterback for your new favorite team the Jaguars of if not there in Canada or the UFL or the Arena league or India

the lower level of competition is probably what he needs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, Logic fail ?

Five more days.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, probably not wise for you to cry for bans here at JI since you in yout GMCJet user ID were already permabanned here and had to reregister with this Nike ID to come back
    this is a downright lie im sick and tired of you posting this nonsense.

you really have issues. do me a favor and put me on ignore. your continued harrasment must stop. the mods really need to do something about you once and for all. this forum is a great place minus you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    why don't you just put me on ignore since you are the one constantly whining and crying about getting me banned

If "Your (sic) so sick and tired" then do take that big step and put me on ignore and then fix the problem

much easier than your constant whining, insulting, namecalling and personal attacks about it