Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets are all set at safety next year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its more like 5 million for rookies, but that will still leave 13 million before restructures, not 9 million.
    pick 18 is 5 mill, pick 13 is 6mill, so it depends on where in that range the jets end up.

You still have not shown how you get your 18 mill of space which is 37 mill in cuts. and did you use the full 5.6 mill carryover?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sg in all seriousness, how could it be smart roster management to pay landry $4-5 million a year when we pay cro $8 million and have revis coming up?

Forget the fact that our real cap situation will be better then what ESPN etc are projecting. Yes we will be " $20 million under" but that is if we waive both OLBs, dont resign both starting OGs, TE, and RB. Are we going to pay each of those positions the veteran minimum?
    if you get Landry for 4-5 that is a big time deal. And Cro gets paid 9.3mill in 2013

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yet your source is....

wait for it....

drumroll....

NOBODY!

You're right Skip. CAN'T MAKE THIS SH!T UP. What a joke.

Jets have no where NEAR $22 million. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    He's right dude... if you cut Smiths (Jason/Eric), Scott, Pace, Tebow, Pouha you bring the cap value for the team down to 109 million. The cap was 130 last year and we will carry over 5 million in cap space. So the cap is 135 for us. That adds up to 26 million in cap space. Take out the rookie 6 and you have 20 million in space.

Source: nyjetscap.com

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He's right dude... if you cut Smiths (Jason/Eric), Scott, Pace, Tebow, Pouha you bring the cap value for the team down to 109 million. The cap was 130 last year and we will carry over 5 million in cap space. So the cap is 135 for us. That adds up to 26 million in cap space. Take out the rookie 6 and you have 20 million in space.

The cap is 120 mil.,and most of the 5 million carry over is already spent on Landry,practice squad

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The cap is 120 mil.,and most of the 5 million carry over is already spent on Landry,practice squad
    I think the 5 million is still there unless Jason's site is outdated. But yea that would make it 10 million...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The cap was 120 last year, the jets had carryover that increased it to 130.

and like the previous poster said and at least 1/2 of this years carryover is already accounted for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can we afford to sign Landry long-term, Bell short-term AND Revis long-term? We would have way too much money in the secondary including Cromartie. Would love to have Landry back. But, I don't see how that's possible with all of our needs unless we compile 15 draft picks for this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 5 million is still there unless Jason's site is outdated. But yea that would make it 10 million...
    Jason will most likely not update it till the end of the year. as every time a player is placed on the 53 active list it changes the number. he would have to do it 3 times every week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is the title to this "jets are set at safety next year" when theres all of the different scenarios and landry hitting FA?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    One crazy idea I heard floated around that Tanny might do if he is still around is defer 6 million of Sanchezs cap hit to 2014. It would save 6 million in cap in 2013 and then have Sanchezs cap hit around 10 million in 2014 where the Jets have more room.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to get Landry signed, but think Bell needs to be replaced by a more athletic playmaking Safety. Bell was pretty bad this year IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    Lets settle this once and for all:

Jason Smith: $12 million savings with 0 dead money
    Eric Smith: $3 million savings with 0 dead money
    Calvin Pace: $8.56 million savings with $3 million dead money
    Bart Scott: $7.15 million savings with $1.5 million dead money
    Sione Pouha: $3.8 million savings with $2.3 million dead money
    Tim Tebow: $1.5 milllion savings with $1 million dead money

That is a HELL of a lot of dead money. I don`t think you guys are factoring in the dead money. As you can see, that is $36 million in savings. We are at $141.6 million. Saving $36 gets us to roughly $105.6 million. Add about $5 million for rookie salaries, and that gets you to $110 million.

This does not equal $24 million unless you move or restructure contracts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    Lets settle this once and for all:

Jason Smith: $12 million savings with 0 dead money
    Eric Smith: $3 million savings with 0 dead money
    Calvin Pace: $8.56 million savings with $3 million dead money
    Bart Scott: $7.15 million savings with $1.5 million dead money
    Sione Pouha: $3.8 million savings with $2.3 million dead money
    Tim Tebow: $1.5 milllion savings with $1 million dead money

That is a HELL of a lot of dead money. I don`t think you guys are factoring in the dead money. As you can see, that is $36 million in savings. We are at $141.6 million. Saving $36 gets us to roughly $105.6 million. Add about $5 million for rookie salaries, and that gets you to $110 million.

This does not equal $24 million unless you move or restructure contracts.
    If we are smart, we bring pace back at that $3million dead money number. We have too many holes at OLB/DE to fill in one offseason, and he should be HAPPY to get $3million for one more season, and technically it wouldnt cost us very much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to us re-signing Landry. Good freaking luck.

It's going to be Bush and Allen vs. a low level veteran, possibly a re-signed Bell and a rookie or two.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that what I said?

And that Skippygoo's $22 million is no where near reality, no matter how much he cries, whines, and stomps his gnarled 70 year old feet.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If we are smart, we bring pace back at that $3million dead money number. We have too many holes at OLB/DE to fill in one offseason, and he should be HAPPY to get $3million for one more season, and technically it wouldnt cost us very much.
    The dead money is money that has already been paid to the player in the form of a SB, if you want pace, it will be a new deal with new additional money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The dead money is money that has already been paid to the player in the form of a SB, if you want pace, it will be a new deal with new additional money.
    Wouldn't want Pace if he agreed to play for free.Tebow had more of an impact this year than Pace did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he means you can't cut Pace and just sit on $3 million dead money AND still have to replace him. I think Pace understands there won't be many takers for his services, so you sign him for $1 million with incentives, are basically paying him $4 million for the year, and then he is gone the next year. Probably the same for Scott too. These two will then be situational players rather than every down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I know...I just mean bring him back a at value that doesnt hurt us as much as losing him for nothing.

I cant say the same for Bart...he has a capable player behind him in demario, and there is no need to have a player with his attitude/mouth on the team. Plus rex can start to send a message that he isnt just gonna keep "his guys" forever

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Landry will definitely be resigned

Bell at 38 is probably questionable

releasing Smith, Scott, Pace, Thomas, Teblow and Pouha will free up plenty of cap space for the new GM to resign the Jets that need to be resigned and Landry is clearly one of those

Bell is 34