Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Jets are all set at safety next year

  1. #1

    Jets are all set at safety next year

    Everybody would like to bring back Landry and bell (especially Landry) however both have played themselves into larger contracts the jets cannot afford.

    Are folks ready for a starting combo of Allen and Bush at safety (I believe that's what will happen)????

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    Landry will definitely be resigned

    Bell at 38 is probably questionable

    releasing Smith, Scott, Pace, Thomas, Teblow and Pouha will free up plenty of cap space for the new GM to resign the Jets that need to be resigned and Landry is clearly one of those

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Landry will definitely be resigned

    Bell at 38 is probably questionable

    releasing Smith, Scott, Pace, Thomas, Teblow and Pouha will free up plenty of cap space for the new GM to resign the Jets that need to be resigned and Landry is clearly one of those
    So you think it will be Landry and bush with Allen in the Eric smith role? I could live with that. Could others?

  4. #4
    landry and bell with both be back. with them we have the best secondary in the league.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    So you think it will be Landry and bush with Allen in the Eric smith role? I could live with that. Could others?
    my guess is the starting four will be revis, cromartie, landry and bush with Allen and Wilson as the nickel and dimers

    of course, there is a draft in April and someone else could play himself into the mix


    I also think Bell might be back because at 38 he's not going to get massive offers from other teams in the free agent market

  6. #6
    SS is a huge question mark. Allen, Bush and Landry are all SS. So even is we dont resign Landry we look OK there. Where does that leave us at SS though? Should we try mover Wilson to SS and drafting anther CB? Draft Robert Lester or Shawn Williams? Resign Bell? Not a whole lot of other options really.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    landry and bell with both be back. with them we have the best secondary in the league.
    It's been discussed often here, but the Jets have 17 FA spots to fill next near and even after cuts will only have about $9 million to fill them (after putting aside the $6 million that is required for rookies in the draft). I doubt Landry will be in the mix given the year he's had and the $$$ he will command in the market.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    once again you are wrong

    the Jets will be at least 23 million below the projected 2013 cap not including the monies needed for the rookie salary cap

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,300
    I'll take either 1 of em if we can't afford them both. Personally i would prefer Landry, because Bell is a stinking Fish and i still have issues with those Ex-Dolphins on my Jets. Both are SSs and to be honest, the Jets really need a true FS back there.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    once again you are wrong

    the Jets will be at least 23 million below the projected 2013 cap not including the monies needed for the rookie salary cap
    I'd be interested to see how.

    Care to show the board how you get to "at least 23 million"?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    It's been discussed often here, but the Jets have 17 FA spots to fill next near and even after cuts will only have about $9 million to fill them (after putting aside the $6 million that is required for rookies in the draft). I doubt Landry will be in the mix given the year he's had and the $$$ he will command in the market.
    So you think it will be Allen and bush?

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    sorry troll


    If you research it you will find the more than a dozen posts detailing it for you


    or take a look at the JI draft message board for further details


    or just wait and see and you'll be very disappointed to find out that the Jets cap situation is a lot better than you think

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    sorry troll


    If you research it you will find the more than a dozen posts detailing it for you


    or take a look at the JI draft message board for further details


    or just wait and see and you'll be very disappointed to find out that the Jets cap situation is a lot better than you think
    I have never seen that claim that there will be $22 million after cuts next year from anyone.

    So lol...just as I thought. Not a speck of football knowledge in you.

    Now get back to your Tebow hating and name calling. It's all you know.

    Edit: Here's recent post that explains it simply and that has not been disputed ASFAIK.....

    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My definition of cap hell is when a team has to cut a productive player in order to get under the cap. The jets do not need to cut any productive (IMO) players to get under. The two Smiths, Pace, Scott, and Pouha will save 32 mill
    that will put them 12mill under the cap and when you figure in a 3 mill rollover from this years number you get 15 mill to play with, however about 6 of that will
    be earmarked to the rookies
    so now you have 9mill before you need to rework contracts. They certainly do not have enough money to sign Landry, Keller but they can hold on to Howard, one of the guards, Bell before the rest has to be divided up into ten vet min spots of 500,000 each.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-26-2012 at 05:22 PM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Landry is one of the leaders of the defense and had his first real healthy season on a special practice schedule. I think the Jets will do everything in their power to bring him back...

    Oh and one thing is for sure, we will not go into the season with two second year players who haven't seen extensive playing time. Ryan's defense is very complex and you need a quarterback back there in the secondary...

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    Lmfao...

    Your source for the Jets being in cap bankruptcy is...


    Drumroll




    .




    A poster with the user id





    .




    .



    Patman









    .





    .



    You couldn't make this stuff up. Nobody would believe it


    Quit while you are behind troll

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    The Jets wont be able to afford him he already said he wont be giving them a discount. now that he is healthy he will be looking to be paid in the top 5 in the NFL. That just wont be possible with all the holes and the high cap the Jets have unless Revis or Cromartie gets traded I don't see the Jets resigning him. they will settle for Bush and sign a cheap Journey man to come in and compete.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    I'll just wait and see what Tannenbaums replacement can come up with. I think Landry can and will be a Jet next season

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    sorry troll


    If you research it you will find the more than a dozen posts detailing it for you


    or take a look at the JI draft message board for further details


    or just wait and see and you'll be very disappointed to find out that the Jets cap situation is a lot better than you think
    You are not right Sg3. We will not have over $20 million in cap space, especially with the rookie cap. IF we do some real good work, there might be $10-$15 million in cap space. It COULD go up to around 20 million if we trade Revis for picks, and if we can somehow get someone to take Sanchez off our hands, but we would have about twenty roster spots to fill.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Landry will definitely be resigned

    Bell at 38 is probably questionable

    releasing Smith, Scott, Pace, Thomas, Teblow and Pouha will free up plenty of cap space for the new GM to resign the Jets that need to be resigned and Landry is clearly one of those
    Agreed get rid of all that dead old weight on defense

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Lmfao...

    Your source for the Jets being in cap bankruptcy is...


    Drumroll




    .




    A poster with the user id





    .




    .



    Patman









    .





    .



    You couldn't make this stuff up. Nobody would believe it


    Quit while you are behind troll

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Yet your source is....



    wait for it....




    drumroll....



    NOBODY!


    You're right Skip. CAN'T MAKE THIS SH!T UP. What a joke.

    Jets have no where NEAR $22 million. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-26-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us