Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: Jets are all set at safety next year

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you kindly run in front of a truck and let Jet fans intelligently discuss Jets football on a jet fan message board

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Jim Leonhard; not sure if DEN has him locked up though. If not, he'll be dirt cheap and he's younger than Bell.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Could you kindly run in front of a truck and let Jet fans intelligently discuss Jets football on a jet fan message board

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Your next intelligent football conservation will be your first.


    Actually, ANY football conversation you have, intelligent or otherwise, will be your first.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I have never seen that claim that there will be $22 million after cuts next year from anyone.

    So lol...just as I thought. Not a speck of football knowledge in you.

    Now get back to your Tebow hating and name calling. It's all you know.

    Edit: Here's recent post that explains it simply and that has not been disputed ASFAIK.....
    Actually it is not as impossible as you think. A couple restructures and the obvious cuts and it is possible.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually it is not as impossible as you think. A couple restructures and the obvious cuts and it is possible.
    Ignore these trolling NE a-holes. Once again, they are only here to stir it up. Let them go post on Patsfags.cum!

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Your next intelligent football conservation will be your first.
    .

    Pretty much sums up the intelligence and posting quality of this chowd troll douche


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually it is not as impossible as you think. A couple restructures and the obvious cuts and it is possible.
    I never said it was impossible with restructures. Just said that they can't get there by cuts alone. I was actually interested if Skippy knew something I didn't or hadn't seen before. I should have known better.

  8. #28
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY,NJ,PA The Real Tri-State
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    JARED HOLLEY FS PITT 5'10 190 lbs...

    Built ALOT like J Bush and will be drafted RIGHT AROUND the same time. Super smart very good core guy, late rounder that is willing to put the work in an improve.

    2 time big beast INT LEADER and a captain an leader for a Pitt team that has been through ALOT the past 5 years.

    Also im sure Revis wouldnt mind another Pitt guy in the backfield.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I never said it was impossible with restructures. Just said that they can't get there by cuts alone. I was actually interested if Skippy knew something I didn't or hadn't seen before. I should have known better.
    Except with cuts and carry over the Jets can have 18 million in cap room. Not the 9 million you suggested earlier in this thread.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Lmfao...

    Your source for the Jets being in cap bankruptcy is...


    Drumroll




    .




    A poster with the user id





    .




    .



    Patman









    .





    .



    You couldn't make this stuff up. Nobody would believe it


    Quit while you are behind troll

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Funny- but where am I wrong. I remember you criticizing me when i said that the cap was only going to go up by 1mill (per Kraft and Bud Adams) and I was wrong it is now only going up $400,000.

    I don't keep cap data, I rely on Jason's NY Jets cap page. And where did you get the term cap bankruptcy? The jets can get down to your figure by
    using my 9 mill number then

    Restructuring Cros 7 mill salary and 2.3 roster bonus into a SB and save about 5 mill.
    Same with Dbrick only saving 4 mill.
    cut Tebow save 1.5 mil
    convert harris' 10 mill salary to a SB to save 4 mill

    So there is another 14 mill that can be added to my 9 mill, but that means that no matter how Harris, Dbrick and Cro perform or even not perform the jets are tied to them for the remainder of their contracts, as they were to Pace and Scott this last year.

    And please my posts are much more factual than yours. it is amazing how blinded to facts you are.

    Why do you think Landry is a shoo in to resign. He is the 2nd ranked SS after Moore in this FA class?

    Oh, that's right everbody wants to play for Rex.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an excellent article from Jason about possible restructures for the Jets http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/capproblems.html I'm not sure if I'm in favor of postponing more cap hits in the form of restructuring Holmes and Harris, but we'll see what happens.

    If the Jets cut both Smiths, Pouha, Pace, Scott, and Tebow, that will save about 34 million off the current projected 141 million dollar salary, which would leave about 107 million dollars in committed salaries. That would leave about 13 million dollars in room for rookies and re-signings, without factoring in rolled over cap space, which could add a certain amount, but I have no idea how much. Long story short, the Jets might be able to resign Landry, but it won't be easy, unless they want to make the same kind of deal that put them in this cap situation in the first place, and guarantee a lot of deferred money. That doesn't seem like the best idea.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landry has to be signed. Even if it means losing Devito.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Here's an excellent article from Jason about possible restructures for the Jets http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/capproblems.html I'm not sure if I'm in favor of postponing more cap hits in the form of restructuring Holmes and Harris, but we'll see what happens.

    If the Jets cut both Smiths, Pouha, Pace, Scott, and Tebow, that will save about 34 million off the current projected 141 million dollar salary, which would leave about 107 million dollars in committed salaries. That would leave about 13 million dollars in room for rookies and re-signings, without factoring in rolled over cap space, which could add a certain amount, but I have no idea how much. Long story short, the Jets might be able to resign Landry, but it won't be easy, unless they want to make the same kind of deal that put them in this cap situation in the first place, and guarantee a lot of deferred money. That doesn't seem like the best idea.
    I believe they need $6 million for rookies so that's a net around $9 million like I said. ( BEFORE restructuring. )

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Funny- but where am I wrong. I remember you criticizing me when i said that the cap was only going to go up by 1mill (per Kraft and Bud Adams) and I was wrong it is now only going up $400,000.

    I don't keep cap data, I rely on Jason's NY Jets cap page. And where did you get the term cap bankruptcy? The jets can get down to your figure by
    using my 9 mill number then

    Restructuring Cros 7 mill salary and 2.3 roster bonus into a SB and save about 5 mill.
    Same with Dbrick only saving 4 mill.
    cut Tebow save 1.5 mil
    convert harris' 10 mill salary to a SB to save 4 mill

    So there is another 14 mill that can be added to my 9 mill, but that means that no matter how Harris, Dbrick and Cro perform or even not perform the jets are tied to them for the remainder of their contracts, as they were to Pace and Scott this last year.

    And please my posts are much more factual than yours. it is amazing how blinded to facts you are.

    Why do you think Landry is a shoo in to resign. He is the 2nd ranked SS after Moore in this FA class?

    Oh, that's right everbody wants to play for Rex.
    Your numbers are wrong. The Jets will have 18 million in cap room after cuts and carry over, before any restructures occur.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I miss Jim Leonhard; not sure if DEN has him locked up though. If not, he'll be dirt cheap and he's younger than Bell.
    I don't

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Your numbers are wrong. The Jets will have 18 million in cap room after cuts and carry over, before any restructures occur.
    I assume you include the 6mill for rookies in your 18 mill number. if you do the delta is 3mill between what you say and my numbers. If your 19 mill does not include the rookie pool, i would like to see how you arrive at it.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I assume you include the 6mill for rookies in your 18 mill number. if you do the delta is 3mill between what you say and my numbers. If your 19 mill does not include the rookie pool, i would like to see how you arrive at it.
    Its more like 5 million for rookies, but that will still leave 13 million before restructures, not 9 million.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'll just wait and see what Tannenbaums replacement can come up with. I think Landry can and will be a Jet next season

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Sg in all seriousness, how could it be smart roster management to pay landry $4-5 million a year when we pay cro $8 million and have revis coming up?

    Forget the fact that our real cap situation will be better then what ESPN etc are projecting. Yes we will be " $20 million under" but that is if we waive both OLBs, dont resign both starting OGs, TE, and RB. Are we going to pay each of those positions the veteran minimum?

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sg in all seriousness, how could it be smart roster management to pay landry $4-5 million a year when we pay cro $8 million and have revis coming up?

    Forget the fact that our real cap situation will be better then what ESPN etc are projecting. Yes we will be " $20 million under" but that is if we waive both OLBs, dont resign both starting OGs, TE, and RB. Are we going to pay each of those positions the veteran minimum?
    Jets will have 19 roster spots(I think) to fill with draft and free agents. Thats a lot of talent to find with very limited funds.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Your numbers are wrong. The Jets will have 18 million in cap room after cuts and carry over, before any restructures occur.
    Does your 18mill include the 6 mill for rookies, if not let please show me how your got your numbers.

    the jets started 2012 with a 5.6 mill surplus to carry over. However 1.6 mill of which is dedicated to landry's incentives for playing each game.

    4mill left

    With the 4mill left the jets spent 35,000 for every player per game that they added to the 53 man roster, either from another team like Berry, Edwards, Bell,hilliard, so there is an easy 1mill there

    3 left

    Then add up the salaries from all the games that players were brought up from the practice squad there is probably another at least 1/2 mill there.

    2.5 left

    Now you have to figure all the incentives that the other players on the team earned during the cost of the year. This I have no idea but I also never heard of a team that only had one player making incentives. What ever that number is you need to subtract it from the 2.5 mill

    So if you add my 9 mill, plus the 6 for the rookies plus the 3.5 mill in in season salary that i believe you did not account for you get your 18 mill

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us