Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been watching some of these QB's coming out and...

I've been watching some of these QB's coming out and...

I've set my mind on three: Tyler Wilson, Zack Dysert and Landry Jones. I think of the three, Wilson has what it takes to play in NY. He's a natural born leader along the lines of Drew Brees, I love his arm, the quick release and his accuracy under pressure, he stays alive until the last fraction of a second and unloads. Have you heard this kid speak? He's articulate, intelligent and very strong character.

I have a gut feeling for him like I had for Brees and Matt Ryan, just feel like he can play and excel in the NFL.

Dysert will take a little more time but he's a mad bomber, last but not least Landry is a guy who can put up big numbers in this league, he is extremely accurate, but he shies away from pressure. I wouldn't draft Dysert or Landry in the first, but I would Wilson in a heartbeat and never look back, of course a trade down would be ideal.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 12-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.

All Pro
    I agree that Wilson seems like a guy who was born to play in New York, tough, tough guy and a fierce competitor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1icbPg7Efw

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I agree that Wilson seems like a guy who was born to play in New York, tough, tough guy and a fierce competitor...

Only wish he was 3 inches taller, he's listed at 6.3, but watch, he will measure just a tad under 6.2. It still ok though, he's got some Favre in him, not quite the arm but he can stick it in some tight windows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Glennon, Wilson, Nassib

If one of those guys is a Jet come draft day, I'll be happy.

Don't like Glennon, not in the first thre rounds anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post

That guy would get eaten alive by the Jets beat writers.

Thank you for posting, this Wilson kid seems to have some promise.

Geno Smith...

and if not (since they say he will be the 1st pick), then wait a year... we made a mistake with Sanchez, no need to make another.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Don't like Glennon, not in the first thre rounds anyway.
    I thought he was going to be a 3rd or so. however it seems that every talking head in now all over him, so that means that front office types are talking him up.

****, I been seeing talking heads saying he has a chance to be the first qb off the board. Everybody is impressed becasue his performance is a reflection of him only. There is nobody on offense on State's team that will be drafted in the next two years. he has no talent to work with.

I would be OK with Wilson if he falls to us in the 1st. Fall all the down talk on the 1st round prospects at least 2 will be taken before we pick. He is no Barkley or Geno but he is a better prospect then Sanchez was hands down.

looking forward to running this guy out of town in 4 years. it's the NYJ way.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Only if they suck.

The first QB to deliver us a SB after Namath will have carte blanche.

PS. That is the danger of naming yourself after a player. Maybe a mod can help you with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Yeah......OBrien, Pennington, we're run out after 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only if they suck.

The first QB to deliver us a SB after Namath will have carte blanche.

PS. That is the danger of naming yourself after a player. Maybe a mod can help you with that.
    nope, no shame in the username. I'm just being over reactionary like everyone else.

Jets players suck the moment they are drafted, you should know better. They're not given the time to develop. Wilkerson, Coples, Hill. The list goes on.

Practice Squad
    I do not like this class this year. Unless the Jets draft a QB 4th or later then I'd say wait another year.

Only wish he was 3 inches taller, he's listed at 6.3, but watch, he will measure just a tad under 6.2. It still ok though, he's got some Favre in him, not quite the arm but he can stick it in some tight windows.
    If Russell Wilson has shown anything this year is that QB height is not really important in the NFL. For the most part anyone under 6'4 or 6'5 has the same issues in needing to see a throwing lane regardless of their height.

Veteran
    I've set my mind on three: Tyler Wilson, Zack Dysert and Landry Jones. I think of the three, Wilson has what it takes to play in NY. He's a natural born leader along the lines of Drew Brees, I love his arm, the quick release and his accuracy under pressure, he stays alive until the last fraction of a second and unloads. Have you heard this kid speak? He's articulate, intelligent and very strong character.

I have a gut feeling for him like I had for Brees and Matt Ryan, just feel like he can play and excel in the NFL.

Dysert will take a little more time but he's a mad bomber, last but not least Landry is a guy who can put up big numbers in this league, he is extremely accurate, but he shies away from pressure. I wouldn't draft Dysert or Landry in the first, but I would Wilson in a heartbeat and never look back, of course a trade down would be ideal.

I've seen Wilson from the sidelines 3 times this year, he's tough and a leader but not too accurate and has had a few concussions this year. I expect him to go in the second or third rd. He's got a shot at being good but he's no sure thing.
    With a rookie salary cap he is definitely worth a shot.

All League
    Taking Wilson in the 2nd would be great but history suggests that he will go in the first based on the fact that this years class did so well and that desperate teams will reach for a guy they like, look at Gabbart, Locker, and Ponder.

Rob Rang has Wilson going to Buffalo at 6 and has Barkley going to Az before we pick. If this is the case, we BETTER go get Flynn or its going to be a depth chart with Sanchez and McElroy getting destroyed.

I like Dysert, though he was so inconsistent. takes a ton of sacks, too (huh, kinda like Big Ben). He's a 3-4 rounder. Wilson and Jones are OK, but desperate teams will reach for them too high. The jets can't panic and be one of those teams. The difference between the projected first rounders and third rounders isn't a whole lot, imo. Let's hope the jets scouting dept. can find that gem (gulp..)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I like Dysert, though he was so inconsistent. takes a ton of sacks, too (huh, kinda like Big Ben). He's a 3-4 rounder. Wilson and Jones are OK, but desperate teams will reach for them too high. The jets can't panic and be one of those teams. The difference between the projected first rounders and third rounders isn't a whole lot, imo. Let's hope the jets scouting dept. can find that gem (gulp..)
    The thing is they don't need to panic , with the rookie salary caps in place teams can afford to roll the dice much more now than in the past. However , I don't believe any QB in this draft is worthy of a 1st and possibly even a 2nd round pick. I'd target guys like Glennon, Bray , Dysert, Renfree anywhere from rd3 on.