Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: GM KennyO7's Master Plan to Fix the Jets

  1. #1

    GM KennyO7's Master Plan to Fix the Jets

    Fire entire coaching staff except for Karl Dunbar

    HC- Mike Zimmer
    OC- Norv Turner
    DC- Gary Gibbs
    Asst HC/QBs- Jeff Tedford


    Cuts/FA Losses

    - Yeremiah Bell
    - Shonn Greene
    - Dustin Keller
    - Brandon Moore
    - Sione Po'uha
    - Bart Scott
    - Matt Slauson
    - Eric Smith
    - Jason Smith
    - Bryan Thomas

    Re-Sign


    - Laron Landry
    - Mike DeVito
    - Braylon Edwards

    Trade

    - Darelle Revis to Vikings for 1st and 4th Rd picks
    - Tim Tebow to Jacksonville for 5th Round pick

    FA Pick Ups

    - Andy Levitre, OG
    - Matt Moore, QB
    - Anthony Spencer, OLB


    DRAFT

    ** Trade down in 2nd for Extra 3rd Round Pick

    1a. Damontre Moore, OLB
    1b. Barrett Jones, OG
    2. Kenny Vaccaro. S
    3a. Le'Veon Bell, RB
    3b. Leon McFadden, CB
    4a. Mickey Baucus, OT
    4b. Conner Vernon, WR
    5a. Derek Carr, QB
    5b. Vance McDonald, TE
    6. Quanterus Smith, OLB
    7. Mike Rallis, ILB

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    thanks Kenny

    a good starting point for discussion


    seriously though, I'd keep it under your hat before your interview with the Jets to become the real new GM when Tannybaum is escorted out the door on Monday

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thanks Kenny

    a good starting point for discussion


    seriously though, I'd keep it under your hat before your interview with the Jets to become the real new GM when Tannybaum is escorted out the door on Monday
    Thanks.
    We are still negotiating with Woody. We settled on a salary. Now im trying to ensure he includes a lifetime supply of Q-Tips and J&J Baby Shampoo.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,184
    Good effort. But I would puke if two of our top three picks were really a OG and a S.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,323
    Another defensive-oriented, first time head coach? No thanks.

    The Jaguars won't give up a 5th for a player they know we will cut and nobody else wants. We'd be lucky to get a 7th for him.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Good effort. But I would puke if two of our top three picks were really a OG and a S.
    Its all about getting the BAP.
    This draft is deep in OLB/DE, O-Linemen, Safety
    Very weak at WR and RB

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Another defensive-oriented, first time head coach? No thanks.

    The Jaguars won't give up a 5th for a player they know we will cut and nobody else wants. We'd be lucky to get a 7th for him.
    Who cares if we have Defense Oriented HC. Its about getting a competent HC. A guy who is no nonsense who will hold players accountable. If you didnt notice, he is given a very strong OC and an excellent offensive minded Asst HC/QB coach.

    Maybe the Jags wont give up a 5th. So what its a 5th.
    If thats the biggest gripe, then i did a pretty good job as GM

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    I think it looks good. Two things I would change is that if we're going to change head coaches I would rather have an offensive minded HC. And I wouldn't trade Revis right now just b/c he imo won't get in return what he should b/c he is coming off an injury. Until Revis proves that he is back to being Revis his trade value will be lower then a first. His injury was significant and there is a chance he will never be the same again. But if anyone is willing to give us a 1st and 4th for an injured CB looking for a new break the bank type contract extension then I'm down for it. That being said I don't disagree with the idea of trading Revis just disagree about what we could get in return in his current state. If we don't get a contract done by week 6 of next year and he's proven himself healthy and back to normal that is when I would unload him to someone desperate for a CB and try to get a kings ransom.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Who cares if we have Defense Oriented HC. Its about getting a competent HC. A guy who is no nonsense who will hold players accountable.
    In my view, the last three Jets coaches have show it DOES matter if you get a defensive minded head coach as it tends to stifle the offense. We need a progressive offensive minded head coach for us to really develop this team.

  10. #10
    Andy Levitre would cost you a fortune. Your talking a 26 year old G that just came off what many will call a pro bowl year. Yeah maybe not Ben Grubbs money but not far off. Say 5 years 25 mil very likely maybe more. Spencer likely a little more as well. Landry and Moore would be about 5 mil each. Moore as your starter would likely have incentives as well. That would be about 20 mil on 4 players if you are lucky. Devito, trading Revis, and about 9 mil for that draft class that is about anther 15 mil of cap burned. Even I don't think we could pull that off. Not to forget we'd want at least a 4 mil buffer going into the season. So you'd have to free up 40 mill in cap space Minimum. Not impossible but good luck with that. Even in my best efforts to keep Cro your taking under 30 after a few extensions some wouldn't want. So if your still talking keep Cro and god trading Revis I would hope so, you'd have to find someone to take Holmes and still I'm not sure if that would be enough. Really trading Cro instead of Revis is the only way to free up enough space but that would kill a lot of what you did here.

  11. #11
    Only 1 thing there that couldn't happen, as much as Id love to see is draft Derek Carr, he's staying for his senior season.

  12. #12
    I don't understand why you believe Moore will be there in a trade down. when most fans/talking heads have him going top 10 and some top 5.

    Do you really think that the jags are going to give a pick for Tebow.

    If the Vikings sign Revis that will be 3 guys making over 10 mill a year on their roster. Allen, Peterson, and Revis. maybe a trade of Percy Harvin and a 2nd might work, each player is in the last 1/2 of their contract. And if they pay revis they would not be able to afford harvin. But to give a 1 and 12-15 mill a year is a lot to ask when Grimes, DRC, Jenkins, Talib, Cary Williams can be had for just money and a lot less of it than Revis.

    Liverte and Spenser are going to be premium picks, Spenser was tagged last year and Liverte is the highest ranked OG in FA. That is a lot of money

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,888
    WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!!!!!

    I said the same thing a month ago about Revis and I was yelled at!

    Seriously, Minny is the perfect partner. In my post, I stated that Winfield is getting old, and the Vikes need to spend money to get to the salary floor cap that is installed next year.

    I did say, however, that I thought we could get a 1st and 3rd.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,888
    proof in the pudding.

    And I said a 2nd and 3rd, not a 1st and 3rd.

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251075

  15. #15

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Fire entire coaching staff except for Karl Dunbar

    HC- Mike Zimmer
    OC- Norv Turner
    DC- Gary Gibbs
    Asst HC/QBs- Jeff Tedford


    Cuts/FA Losses

    - Yeremiah Bell
    - Shonn Greene
    - Dustin Keller
    - Brandon Moore
    - Sione Po'uha
    - Bart Scott
    - Matt Slauson
    - Eric Smith
    - Jason Smith
    - Bryan Thomas

    Re-Sign


    - Laron Landry
    - Mike DeVito
    - Braylon Edwards

    Trade

    - Darelle Revis to Vikings for 1st and 4th Rd picks
    - Tim Tebow to Jacksonville for 5th Round pick

    FA Pick Ups

    - Andy Levitre, OG
    - Matt Moore, QB
    - Anthony Spencer, OLB


    DRAFT

    ** Trade down in 2nd for Extra 3rd Round Pick

    1a. Damontre Moore, OLB
    1b. Barrett Jones, OG
    2. Kenny Vaccaro. S
    3a. Le'Veon Bell, RB
    3b. Leon McFadden, CB
    4a. Mickey Baucus, OT
    4b. Conner Vernon, WR
    5a. Derek Carr, QB
    5b. Vance McDonald, TE
    6. Quanterus Smith, OLB
    7. Mike Rallis, ILB

    Keep Bell, Keller & Moore. Definitely want Edwards back who badly wants to be a Jet & the only 1 to back Sanchez...he needs support he can't do it alone!

  16. #16
    Who hasn't Rex Ryan held accountable, i don't understand really

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Keep Bell, Keller & Moore. Definitely want Edwards back who badly wants to be a Jet & the only 1 to back Sanchez...he needs support he can't do it alone!
    Disagree on all three

    Bell and Moore are too expensive at their senior citizen vet costs

    And Keller can easily be replaced by a TE nor made out of crystal and eggshells

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.

    Stupidity? Really?
    At what point is having the highest paid CB not harming the team?
    At this point I would trade Revis for 2 very good too great OLinemen. Cause that's what you can get with his salery, and that's what the Jets need.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    Deion Sanders didn't want $16 million per year to play an expendable position.

    Revis will not be a Jet for life. No chance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us