Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: GM KennyO7's Master Plan to Fix the Jets

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    You sound like REX.... loyalty to a fault. Players are NOT loyal, look at "Deions" career. He was a rent a player.

    I say trade Revis for picks /players etc. MEVIS doesnt care about the JETS he cares about MEVIS.

    EVERY team he won on (Cowboys and 49ers) had a GREAT team that was winning before he got there.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    I wouldn't trade Revis for another reason, he's coming off ACL surgery and is at perhaps his lowest value to the Jets in a trade. If they trade a CB it should be Cro who had a fantastic year and will fetch a much better return at this point.

    Obviously they should wait until they are certain Revis is suitably recovered before doing anything. Bottom line if our DL progresses like it should the pass rush will be better next year and you can live w/o two shutdown corners. I would just make sure we upgraded on Kyle Wilson through a mid tier FA.

    The Jets have too many holes especially on offense , you can't restock a team w/o either tanking and accumulating picks or making bold moves to sure up weaknesses.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Revis for another reason, he's coming off ACL surgery and is at perhaps his lowest value to the Jets in a trade. If they trade a CB it should be Cro who had a fantastic year and will fetch a much better return at this point.

    Obviously they should wait until they are certain Revis is suitably recovered before doing anything. Bottom line if our DL progresses like it should the pass rush will be better next year and you can live w/o two shutdown corners. I would just make sure we upgraded on Kyle Wilson through a mid tier FA.

    The Jets have too many holes especially on offense , you can't restock a team w/o either tanking and accumulating picks or making bold moves to sure up weaknesses.
    Exactly. Trading Revis off an injury would be nothing short of Dopey

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone was talking about getting Harvin last year, well now is the time while his value is also at its lowest.
    Revis for Harvin & 2nd round pick is doable!

    Vikings have a huge amount of cap money, even after injury, Revis dedication to be the best at his craft is undeniable.

    Vikings 2nd will be close to a 1st anyway.
    What's amazing to me as a Jet fan is that while we overvalue each & every player on this roster we undervalue a player that was chosen as the best defensive player by his peers.
    Revis will be great again.
    Leslie Frasier would cream himself getting rid of Harvin for a chance to get Revis!

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Levitre's been re-signed and if you can get a 5th round pick for Tebow when Jacksonville knows they're the one and only team that wants him, then I want you to be the new GM.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Good effort. But I would puke if two of our top three picks were really a OG and a S.
    They do fit two of our five biggest needs, alongside RT, OLB and QB.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    I strongly disagree. While Revis may be a HOF caliber CB his contract demands are unrealistic in this cap era. The team already is having cap issues. With many holes in this team that need to be filled. Tying up a huge cap hit on one player, especially a CB makes little sense. You have to leave emotion out of this and do whats best for the team.

    The Pats did the same thing with Ty Law

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Exactly. Trading Revis off an injury would be nothing short of Dopey
    The problem is you have 6 weeks to trade him before you stand to lose him for a compensatory pick. The guy can not be franchised any more.

    So what if he is slow to come out of the gate? Lets say the recovery takes longer, say its not until week 4 or 5 before he comes back fully or close to fully. What will his value be then? I dont think there will be that much in trade value lost if you pull the trigger now vs week 6 in 2013.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Levitre's been re-signed .
    I havent seen this anywhere.
    Do you have a source?

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I havent seen this anywhere.
    Do you have a source?
    It's not official yet, but they're working on a deal and have reported that they will franchise him if a deal is not reached.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Everyone was talking about getting Harvin last year, well now is the time while his value is also at its lowest.
    Revis for Harvin & 2nd round pick is doable!

    Vikings have a huge amount of cap money, even after injury, Revis dedication to be the best at his craft is undeniable.

    Vikings 2nd will be close to a 1st anyway.
    What's amazing to me as a Jet fan is that while we overvalue each & every player on this roster we undervalue a player that was chosen as the best defensive player by his peers.
    Revis will be great again.
    Leslie Frasier would cream himself getting rid of Harvin for a chance to get Revis!
    I said the Harvin trade in post 12 also. The vikings may go for it. The only thing is that the 2nd might be contingent on them signing him or if the vikings don't sign him the jets give thier 2014 2nd rd pick.

    Any trading party has two huge things to be concerned with in signing Revis, his health, as they are signing a player coming off an acl that whose ability to plant and change direction is his greatest strength without seeing him in contact. And they still have to sign him.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I said the Harvin trade in post 12 also. The vikings may go for it. The only thing is that the 2nd might be contingent on them signing him or if the vikings don't sign him the jets give thier 2014 2nd rd pick.

    Any trading party has two huge things to be concerned with in signing Revis, his health, as they are signing a player coming off an acl that whose ability to plant and change direction is his greatest strength without seeing him in contact. And they still have to sign him.
    Why not make the same exact trade, but send Cro to the vikings and we keep revis.

    That will prob add to some possible headaches in 2014 as both harvin and revis will be FA, but our cap situation should be better then.

    Frankly I cant believe the dolphins, with the additional second round pick from Indy arent on teh phone to the vikings right now offering one of those picks for him

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Why not make the same exact trade, but send Cro to the vikings and we keep revis.

    That will prob add to some possible headaches in 2014 as both harvin and revis will be FA, but our cap situation should be better then.

    Frankly I cant believe the dolphins, with the additional second round pick from Indy arent on teh phone to the vikings right now offering one of those picks for him
    I think the problem with Revis is his contract demands. We can not afford to give him a huge contract and we are guaranteed to lose him for a comp pick otherwise.

    We have too many holes to fill and giving Revis what he wants will leave us as a bad to mediocre team with a great CB. Thats not good

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    Thank you for posting common sense. **** is wrong with these so-called fans wanting to trade a young HOF caliber player?

  15. #35
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Thank you for posting common sense. **** is wrong with these so-called fans wanting to trade a young HOF caliber player?
    It's all about the money dude. Revis wants too much. We can have a great team or a great player... we're not gonna have the cap room for both. Hurts to lose Revis, but we've shown we can play D at a high level without him. Better to spend some money on the offense than give Revis another record-breaking contract... and don't kid yourself, that's what him and those blood-sucking agents of his will be looking for.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green & White View Post
    It's all about the money dude. Revis wants too much. We can have a great team or a great player... we're not gonna have the cap room for both. Hurts to lose Revis, but we've shown we can play D at a high level without him. Better to spend some money on the offense than give Revis another record-breaking contract... and don't kid yourself, that's what him and those blood-sucking agents of his will be looking for.
    Can't win a Superbowl with a corner making 18 mill, it's just stupid.
    Mevis is a great player but is he really a great teammate & leader?

    If I'm paying a guy the salary that Revis was getting in 2011 & I see him sidestep a hit like he did when he didn't want to take on Tebow in that game along the sideline, I'd look to trade him!
    That was just one play in a season but it showed me something about him that screams don't pay him again. Does anyone think Ike Taylor would have ole on that play!
    That play was a 3rd down stop that had to be made & Revis choice was to let someone else take Tebow on, after he'd gotten by Mevis for another 3rd down conversion.
    I want a good team, I could care less about being 6-10 & getting to see Revis in a bunch of Reebok ads.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I strongly disagree. While Revis may be a HOF caliber CB his contract demands are unrealistic in this cap era. The team already is having cap issues. With many holes in this team that need to be filled. Tying up a huge cap hit on one player, especially a CB makes little sense. You have to leave emotion out of this and do whats best for the team.

    The Pats did the same thing with Ty Law
    We can't blame Revis for cap situation. Revis isn't anywhere near our highest paid defender. And since we are talking about salaries, Revis has a legitimate gripe. #1 defensive player in the league making less than half of one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

    Trade him to Pitt for 2 #1s.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    We can't blame Revis for cap situation. Revis isn't anywhere near our highest paid defender. And since we are talking about salaries, Revis has a legitimate gripe. #1 defensive player in the league making less than half of one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

    Trade him to Pitt for 2 #1s.
    The problem is Revis wanted a 2nd contract reup when other players didn't even have 1. Sure you might argue they promised him they'd talk but this is from a player who held out twice, don't think that didn't factor in..

    Unfortunately for him and fortunate for the Jets they have the leverage now. Coming back from an ACL tear he'll have to prove his worth so his contract demands should and will go down. But I seriously doubt any team would entertain giving 2 #1's for a player coming off his injury. This is why I believe Cro is our #1 tradeable asset , Revis will be on the team next year and there's no reason to pay both big contracts. Plus with MoWilk and Coples coming on and hopefully with the addition of more speed at LB next year , the secondary won't need to have two shutdown corners.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    We can't blame Revis for cap situation. Revis isn't anywhere near our highest paid defender. And since we are talking about salaries, Revis has a legitimate gripe. #1 defensive player in the league making less than half of one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

    Trade him to Pitt for 2 #1s.
    2#1s and say 15 mill for a cornerback to play on a team that already has one of the best defenses in the nfl. All to stop one of 4 receivers running a pattern.

    Good teams don't make trades like this. it is one of the reasons they are good.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would never condone trading Revis. Revis should be a Jet for his entire career. It's about a culture change with the Jets. The Jets never hold on to their great home grown talent. I want that to stop. Besides, trading Revis is stupidity anyway. That's like trading Deion Sanders in his prime.
    Trading Cromartie makes more sense considering his trade value is at an all time high and Revis's trade value is at an all time low.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us