Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets history of owners says it all

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Are you serious? What do I want from my owner?
    1. Hire competent executives and coaches to give me the best team possible on the field.
    2. Give the fans the best possible game day experience when attending games.
    3. Stay the hell out of everything else.

Woody has failed miserably on all 3 counts.
    His record is not bad:

13 Seasons:

8 winning seasons;
    7 playoff seasons;
    2 trips to the conference title game;

Inherited a Stadium named after another team, which we are now equal partners in a new stadium; (tried to move back to NYC)

New state of the art training facility for the franchise.

Is he the perfect owner , No!

Has he failed miserably, No!

Is he the best owner we have had, Yes!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't build a twice as expensive stadium in the junkyards of Corona Queens next to Citifield

Thats the only.thing Queens Zipcode Fan cares about and the only thing he posts about.

The fact that 1) that stadium would require twice the level of PSL costs 2) the proposed area of junkyards are still not cleared out as 2013 begins with Bloomberg hopelessly tied up in legal action blocking his attempt at using eminent domain for the past 10 years and 3) the new shared stadium is quite well attended and sufficiently sold despite PSLs and Zippy's hundreds of documented posts at JI guaranteeing tons and acres of empty seats and unsold PSLs apparently means little or nothing to Zippy

Like a timex he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    He has nothing to do with running J&J. Never has and never wil. lThat is why it does well!
    He doesn't have to do anything at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    waahhhhhhh my owner doesn't know what he's doing. wahhhhhhhhhh.

Woody Johnson isn't going anywhere and he knows far more than any of us know about running a professional football team. We're just the idiots on a message board who think we know more.

If you don't like it, stop rooting for the team. Simple.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Exactly. I would add #4: run a professional operation. Under the Woody regime, we have been accused of manipulating season ticket prices, tampering with other players... we have tried to screw our own fans on the waiting list for tickets, we have lost out on players because we forgot to sign a contract (Chad Morton) or forgot to actually draw up the contract (Antoine Winfield), we have rewarded people who have failed miserably in the organization (Terry Bradway, Jay Cross), we have acted like someone desperate for constant attention (Favre, Tebow, Woody's tantrum when the Giants got the first home game at NMS), we got the lowest compensation ever for a head coach under contract when Herm bolted for KC, we lost arguably the greatest HC in a generation when Bellichick took one look at Woody and ran for the hills. We are in constant spin mode over everything (when have you ever heard Mike Tannenbaum give a straight answer about anything). It has been obvious since day 1 that this owner is in over his head. He was lucky to inherit a team on the upside (inheriting is what he does best), but has slowly driven it back into the ground.

And let's add one more to that thought:

"The Jets welcome attention when they want it, which is pretty much always (except this week). If the league won’t force them to comply with the rule (and the league should), the NFL should impose a penalty so significant that no franchise will in the future choose silence and the relative parking ticket that goes along with it."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-against-jets/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Your point is well taken...it is.

The QBs that those teams have were college QBs with experience. They were provided with teams built around them and except for Ben.... Were not thrust into a starting role.

These teams would never have brought in Tebownor Favre so While your point is good, it is not all telling.
    The hate for Favre never ends, only the best QB the Jets had in decades, you never heard a peep from SOJF at 8-3

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    His record is not bad:

13 Seasons:

8 winning seasons;
    7 playoff seasons;
    2 trips to the conference title game;

Inherited a Stadium named after another team, which we are now equal partners in a new stadium; (tried to move back to NYC)

New state of the art training facility for the franchise.

Is he the perfect owner , No!

Has he failed miserably, No!

Is he the best owner we have had, Yes!

This is true, good points. its been much better since the Hess days, he was a poor owner, Woody wants to win, not perfect but not the Jets of the 70's and early 90's.