Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jetster plan

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Why do you want to switch to a 4-3 defense?
    Our players are better suited for the 3-4. All you need is 2 good OLBs and we suddenly have a great 3-4,
    If you switch to a 4-3, you will need 2 new DEs ( the 4-3 requires speedy edge rushers which we dont have) a new MLB who has enough speed to cover sideline to sideline (Harris doesnt have that kind of speed), and another OLB to complement Davis (who i assume will play outside).
    That....and let's not forget, Ron Rivera is an offensive line coach. He suck as a DC.

Jetster, this is Gene.I respect your opinion, but obviously i disagree. In your last post you talked about a slightly above average defense next year. Were two outside linebackers away from being dominant.Can you imagine an OLB who can cover and rush the passer lining up behind Mo or Coples.Wow.Were ranked 7th in the league in total defense, were more than average.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The thing is IMO that the jets situation is so poor this year that it is not attractive to the upper echelon of potential HC.

I am in favor of letting Rex reap what he sowed in his first two years here. then in 2014 the jets will have a vastly improved cap position, The new players from this years draft, and probably a top 12 draft position next year.
    A much better scenario to attract the top talent to the jets.
    That is why I think the young Kyle Shanahan would be a great choice.
    The Jets need to be FUN again! You do that by bringing in an offensive coach, an innovator, that can put in a system to take advantage of all the crappy defenses in this league.
    Other than the Niners & Seahawks are there really any TOP defenses?
    Bears are getting older & just abused really BAD QBs.

Forget worrying about 2014, get the ball rolling RIGHT AWAY!
    What Rex & Tanny have done to this team since that last AFCCG is a travesty.
    Why would you ever keep people in place when a team is obviously getting worse each year.
    2011 was bad, 2012 was worse, 2013?
    Watching the Jets is like watching paint dry, I'd rather see us in 34-31 games than losing 7-6.
    Unwatchable!
    Can you imagine what other fans thought of that Jets vs Titans game?
    I don't think I've seen a worse 2 games since the old 6-3 games vs the Colts in the Meadowlands in the rain years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Jetster, this is Gene.I respect your opinion, but obviously i disagree. In your last post you talked about a slightly above average defense next year. Were two outside linebackers away from being dominant.Can you imagine an OLB who can cover and rush the passer lining up behind Mo or Coples.Wow.Were ranked 7th in the league in total defense, were more than average.
    Hi Gene, one of the other trades that someone mentioned here was Revis for Orakpo & Cousins, (we would probably have to throw in another late pick.)

That would give you your rusher.
    I really only vehemently disagree with you on Rex. I think his schtick has worn out here.
    Seriously, this guy actually said he felt this was the best Jets team he'd ever coached before the season? Really?
    Stop Rex, please just STFU for once.
    He can't help himself & he kept trotting Sanchez out there, unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    And did you consider that Landry, Bell, Devito, Pouha may not be on the team next year besides those two LBs you refer to.

And remember it is not that your D shut down bad teams, It did not perform against the good teams. When your offense does not score many points the opposing offenses play a very conservative game in the belief that scoring 19 points gives them an excellent chance on winning.

The opposite is true for the pats (who have IMO an average D) they give up more points as teams understand that they need to score 28 points to have a good shot at winning.

It was me who suggested that trade Jetster. I would like to retain Rex, hire Norv turner to run the Offense. He keeps sending sanchez out there because there isn't a better option.If he thought there was he would have done it. Sanchez might cost him his job. After the Titans game it looked like rex wanted to kill him.I know Rex has a big mouth,he was better this year than last.To Patman, whats up.Landry will be resigned, Josh Bush will replace bell, Devito and pouha are guys that can be replaced, especially considering Coples will get most of the snaps anyway going into his second year. I thought rex worked in Coples perfectly. He got that guy to practice like a pro, and ggave him his reward.More playing time, and more chances to smash quarterbacks

Veteran
    Kyle Shanahan is going to be a popular HC candidate, but as of now he could return to DC with his dad and one of the most exciting young QBs ever to play in the NFL. He'd only accept a HC position that he thought was a "dream job." Why would he come to NY when he could take another year in DC, have an even better offense next season, then take over a team with much more talent.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Harris on the outside? think about it, the guy has limited range as a ILB in a 3-4 and your going to throw him out on an island, with twice the coverage area responsibilites?
    Obviously you would not put him in a position to cover the TE. If anything you could do what you suggested and leave Harris inside and put Davis outside. He has the speed to stick with anyone.

Either way we are suited just as well for the 43 as we are the 34.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Obviously you would not put him in a position to cover the TE. If anything you could do what you suggested and leave Harris inside and put Davis outside. He has the speed to stick with anyone.

Either way we are suited just as well for the 43 as we are the 34.
    I think the team is better of going 4-3 and leave Harris on the inside. 4-3 olb are just much easier to find than 3-4 olb guys.

Ellis and Wilkenson at DT, Coples over the RT and Sapp over the LT. There are a lot of DEs in this draft to help out Sapp.

Get a guy like Jalani Jenkins to play olb in the 3rd.

Something like a trade down to the mid 20s to pick up a late 2nd then

1 Okefor/Ansah/Dion Jordan.to play that LDE/OLB elephant
    2 Thomas/Larry Warford G/T
    2B. Elam/jefferson/Vaccaro at FS
    3 Jalani Jenkins

every other pick the oline