Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The new GM will have his say about who comes and goes

  1. #1

    The new GM will have his say about who comes and goes

    If in fact Woody is looking for a GM than he has to give the GM a free hand to determines who stays and who goes including the head coach. If he hires a new GM and ties his hands he's going to find a lot of people who don't want the job

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,359
    Wishful thinking!

    In an ideal world a new GM comes in and completely runs the show.

    But Woody owes Rex a ton of money. What most likely happens is the new GM comes in and is told Rex is the coach for at least another season or 2. This is what will happen and this is the reason the Jets will not get a "real" or qualified GM. No real GM will come here and not be able to pick his guys.

    But this is Woody and the Jets.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Phil Emory took over the bears and kept lovie. It happens. I think the owners have some backdoor deals where they say, "Look, I have Rex under contract for 2 more years. I really dont want to eat that. Ill give you a year to evaluate everything. Work with rex for 1 year and see how it goes. Next year, if you do not think its working, you can make a change then."

    Im sure thats the speech emroy got regarding Lovie.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    If in fact Woody is looking for a GM than he has to give the GM a free hand to determines who stays and who goes including the head coach. If he hires a new GM and ties his hands he's going to find a lot of people who don't want the job
    What a brilliant thread open.

    Please create a new thread every day with information just as insightful. Maybe tomorrow you can create a thread that says that the sky is blue and the sun is shining therefore it's a sunny day. Or maybe one that says if the water is boiling and there's coffee in the pot that you're practically ready to drink a cup of coffee.

    It's riveting stuff.

    SAR I

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What a brilliant thread open.

    Please create a new thread every day with information just as insightful. Maybe tomorrow you can create a thread that says that the sky is blue and the sun is shining therefore it's a sunny day. Or maybe one that says if the water is boiling and there's coffee in the pot that you're practically ready to drink a cup of coffee.

    It's riveting stuff.

    SAR I
    Poor SAR still angry we didn't pick Matt Leinhart when we had the chance

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Poor SAR still angry we didn't pick Matt Leinhart when we had the chance
    No idea who that is. I don't watch college football.

    Hey, but great idea for a thread for you to start tomorrow: "In April, we will have a draft pick and so the Jets will have to pick a player".

    Riveting stuff. Keep it coming.

    SAR I

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Phil Emory took over the bears and kept lovie. It happens. I think the owners have some backdoor deals where they say, "Look, I have Rex under contract for 2 more years. I really dont want to eat that. Ill give you a year to evaluate everything. Work with rex for 1 year and see how it goes. Next year, if you do not think its working, you can make a change then."

    Im sure thats the speech emroy got regarding Lovie.
    I agree with this and it's also probably what happened with Holmgren and Mangini.

    It's not so much that Woody loves Rex and is making this guy keep the coach but rather he simply does't want to eat the money. I think all qualified GM's in today's day-and-age understand this and will be willing to go ahead with it if both the GM and COACH knows next year he could be fired.

    This will allow the GM to have some control over the HC like "Hey Rex, Shut The F UP! or next year you're out"

  8. #8
    Hasn't this been said and discussed on here for the past week?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Hasn't this been said and discussed on here for the past week?
    of course, nothing is ever repeated on this board.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No idea who that is. I don't watch college football.

    Hey, but great idea for a thread for you to start tomorrow: "In April, we will have a draft pick and so the Jets will have to pick a player".

    Riveting stuff. Keep it coming.

    SAR I
    Matthew Stephen Leinart is an American football quarterback for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League and you were angry the Jets didn't take him so dont try and play ignorant you Patriots fan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us