Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez to start on Sunday

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Right, except Rodgers knows how to throw a football. Save it for your Jacksonville friends, they will all be impressed with your delusion. Have a nice time there, I am sure it will be a complete circle j**k for you and the rest of the cult. Go Jags!!!!!!
    Did you think that one through before you posted it ?

That Aaron Rodgers knows how to throw a football and threw for under 50% against the Chiefs might tend to say that their defense had tightened up and was playing well ??

So, you'd find it surprising that they shut Tebow down more than they did Aaron Rodgers ?

Fact is, after the coaching change, KC's defense did play a lot better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    really 5 int against a weak titan defense?? thats what gives us the best chance?? without even seeing tebow play in a meanigless game?? mr.t should be fired on the spot for this tebow move and if rex had anything to do with it he should be gone as well!!! to give up a draft pick for a guy you wont even put in a mop up week 17 game?? this is a joke!!!
    Why should Mr. T be fired for doing what the owner wanted done. Tebow was brought in to help sell PSL's and to run Tony Soprano's wildcat. It didn't work.

The guy wasn't brought in to run the Jets regular O, he can't and he should not play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Weak arm and injury prone. The Pennington comparisons were dead-on.
    Those comparisons were an insult to the 2nd greatest QB in NY Jets history.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

That Aaron Rodgers knows how to throw a football and threw for under 50% against the Chiefs might tend to say that their defense had tightened up and was playing well ??

So, you'd find it surprising that they shut Tebow down more than they did Aaron Rodgers ?

Did you register at a Jags message board yet?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    LOL, after 44 years of being a die hard Jets fan (longer than most posters were even alive), I finally jumped off this year. Good luck with Rex and Sanchez next year because just as we all know the sun rises tomorrow you can bet Sanchez will play lights out vs BUF and secure his starting status for next year.

I for one will be following JAX and Tebow as the starter and enjoy a fun filled winning year., I will periodically post here and have the last laugh.

Break a leg.
    A die hard Jets fan for 44 yrs jumping to Jax and Tebow?
    Yeah sure.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow should pull a mendenhall and not even show up.

Only 4 days left of rex. Thank goodness.
    Your still dreaming...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it tends to say that at 13 and 0 with home field locked up the Packers didn't give a **** about that game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line give any worthwhile DC enough game film and they can negate a gadget type offense. Good ones can do it in a week , but most certainly can with an offseason of prep. The Tebow offense caught some teams off guard last year , but as the season wore on his effectiveness waned. Its similiar to how Cam Newton was much less effective this year and guys like Victor Cruz had nowhere near the year they had last year.

Gameplanning, virtually rendered Tebow useless. You'll argue but he beat Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs , that game was all on Dick Lebeau as I believe he was arrogant in thinking he could just run his normal defense and blitz Tebow and it bit them, if they employed the same style of defense like the Chiefs used the outcome would have been much different.

In essence Tim Tebow has gone the way of the wildcat, 46 defense, run-n gun, a gadget that worked until coordinators caiught up with it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Needless to say but i’ll say it anyway,We all can’t wait for this season to be done and over with.

i feel bad for GMac for he seems like a good kid, but he doesn’t have the arm speed to be a starter. Maybe he’ll be a coach someday.

On the other hand, it’s clear that Sanchez isn’t going to be the QB we all hoped would carry us to the promised land. Rex and Tanny should have realized this last year. Instead, Rex was given a chance to choose his OC, with hopes of reviving the “Ground and pound”. We all know how that went!
    For this reason, Rex needs to be shown the door along with Tanny.

After 4 yrs of starting in this league, Sanchez has done nothing but look like a boy playing amongst men. How much more of this can the team endure until there’s a mutiny on their hands?
    Rex’s mistake is that he stayed too loyal to Sanchez while overlooking how this would affect the team’s morale.
    Other players on this team would have been benched if they were to play as poorly as Sanchez has this season. Instead, Sanchez continued to receive preferential treatment. Poor decision by our head coach.

Then there’s Tebow. If Rex never wanted him, he should have stood his ground from the get-go. Maybe he ok’d the deal because in his heart of hearts, he thought that Tebow would be the second coming of Brad Smith (pardon the pun). But Tebow obviously wasn’t. So why didn't he cut him?
    Cutting him would have shown everyone that our head coach was putting his team’s well being above everthing else. He would have stopped this circus act right in its tracks. Instead, Rex continued to play along, thus appeasing his GM and owner. Great call Rex...

It’s too bad that it has to end this way for Rex. Like most, i think he’s a great D/C but he hasn’t grasped what it really means to be a head coach. Let’s not forget that last year did end up with a mutiny, and this year hasn’t ended any better. Rex needs to be accountable for his bad decisions, period.

As for Sunday...
    Sanchez will be his usual lethargic self this Sunday so i expect them to lose, and lose ugly. I might even put some $ on the game.

Exploring the Trade and Contract Options For Mark Sanchez;http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articl...ezoptions.html
    Last edited by canadianjetsfan; 12-27-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You really think McElroy has a "concussion"?

Come on now, you should know better at this point.
    +1. It should be for the best though. That POS OL would have let the kid die this week. Safest place to be, half the players out there will be gone and so will all the coaches. What a sh*t show.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I mean, we have just totally ruined what would have been a brilliant Super Bowl winning season, huh ???

Bwahahahahahahaha, what a joke.
    Tebow always was a Sucky QB and now is a Liar too.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    After the Titans game I never wanted to see Sanchez play in another Jets game again. But I would rather Sanchez start this game then to ever allow that crybaby/quitter/fraud start for the team I root for. Go quit on Jax when they realize Blaine f*cking Gabbert is a better QB then you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    A die hard Jets fan for 44 yrs jumping to Jax and Tebow?
    Yeah sure.
    He is full of sh*t. Last week he said he was done and would not post again (during game thread). Now, I understand, myself included, say a lot of stupid stuff during a game, but come'on man.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of those starts being a playoff victory over Pittsburgh with 316 yards passing ?
    WOW, SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez, McElroy, Clemens and Ainge.

Thats why tannenbaum will only be an employee of the NYJ for 4 more days.
    Yes, everyone will be fired and the team is changing its name and moving to LA in 4 days.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Nice story but what franchise QB will they miss out on?
    Got em there.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Yeah including suckchez but they don't want to admit tebow is the better qb.
    Tebow sux.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Great, so at least now we know McElroy has no durability... Hope Sanchez lights it up since we are stuck with him.
    Is that a joke? He was sacked ELEVEN TIMES!!!! I am not defending his game play nor do i think he is the answer, but to say he has no durability is not a well thought out remark. C'mon breh!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm saddened to see a diehard Jet fan like Vinniekt who has bled Jet green all the way back to March 12, 2012 deciding to desert his long fandom of the team and root hard next season probably for the Jacksonville Jagwires

This is a sad day in Jet history. I fear that within the next 4-5 days other longtime diehards since March 12 will join Vinnie and leave JI and the Jets

ucrenegade
    jaxsuzy
    demosthenes9
    daballhawk
    joe w namath
    others

ALL diehard supporters of the Jets for the last long nine months sadly leaving

I wish them well.

They will be missed

sincerely

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is going to watch this game now that Sanchez is starting? No rational human being who likes themselves could possibley watch.