Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 260

Thread: Sanchez to start on Sunday

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What are you talking about? I never heard of someone getting a concussion and not getting a headache, blurry vision, nausea, or his equilibrium being off within 24 hours of the event. I know a kid that got concussed and did not show any conditions until later that night, but most people feel at least light headed right off. but for the conditions to show up 72 hours later is weird.

    My guess is that he hid the symptoms for as long as he could in an effort to get another start.
    Yep. Some analyst on one of the networks brought this up after Alex Smith lost his job to a concussion. Said that QB's (and other players) would be reluctant to report systems.

  2. #142
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says he is going with Sanchez because they have short preparation time and Sanchez knows the Bills better than Tebow
    Bull**** he don't want tebow to start because he will win and then Rex won't be able to go back to his boyfriend next season. This organization is a joke right now. So McElroy who didn't know the chargers at all could start with one week of practice but tebow who has started before against a lot tougher teams than the bills can't? Joke joke joke joke is what we are

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You mean like when he was the backup to Chris Leak his Freshman year at Florida ?

    Or when he was the third string backup his first year in the NFL ? Or when after starting 3 games to end the 2010 season, he once again found himself as the backup once Denver botched the Orton trade to Miami ?


    Tell ya what sunshine, why don't you try to know what you are talking about before running your mouth ? It'd save you from looking foolish.
    I cannot wait till Tebow is far, far away from NY and takes all his fanboys with.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I cannot wait till Tebow is far, far away from NY and takes all his fanboys with.
    Yeah, I mean, we have just totally ruined what would have been a brilliant Super Bowl winning season, huh ???

    Bwahahahahahahaha, what a joke.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    After the Titans game I never wanted to see Sanchez play in another Jets game again. But I would rather Sanchez start this game then to ever allow that crybaby/quitter/fraud start for the team I root for. Go quit on Jax when they realize Blaine f*cking Gabbert is a better QB then you.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I cannot wait till Tebow is far, far away from NY and takes all his fanboys with.
    I'm not Tebow Fanboy but I don't see how he doesn't get this start. Even Rex at some point must be able to see.

    Yes he sucks in practice but he has won a bunch of games in the league and a playoff game and maybe it's worth seeing how a start with him looks...What really worries me about this is...

    1) Rex is coming back next year and
    2) Sanchez will be our starting QB next year

  7. #147
    for those of you taking Tebow's side in this because you think he was "promised" a shot at playing ... all I need to say is good luck out there, it's a tough world.

    Tebow getting passed over proves a few things:

    1) Rex never wanted Tebow
    2) Tebow must be a horrible QB
    3) The jets aren't as into the headlines and "filling seats" as much as many believe. Because if they were, Tebow would have been starting a looong time ago.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Yeah, I mean, we have just totally ruined what would have been a brilliant Super Bowl winning season, huh ???

    Bwahahahahahahaha, what a joke.
    Well Tebow may not have ruined it but he sure as hell didn't help it. Oh yeah and he quit on his teammates. But God bless him.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    for those of you taking Tebow's side in this because you think he was "promised" a shot at playing ... all I need to say is good luck out there, it's a tough world.

    Tebow getting passed over proves a few things:

    1) Rex never wanted Tebow
    2) Tebow must be a horrible QB
    3) The jets aren't as into the headlines and "filling seats" as much as many believe. Because if they were, Tebow would have been starting a looong time ago.
    Exactly. Rex has issues but unfortunately he has been honest about Sanchez being the best QB on the team and giving the Jets the best chance to win. It sucks but it's the truth.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm not Tebow Fanboy but I don't see how he doesn't get this start. Even Rex at some point must be able to see.

    Yes he sucks in practice but he has won a bunch of games in the league and a playoff game and maybe it's worth seeing how a start with him looks...What really worries me about this is...

    1) Rex is coming back next year and
    2) Sanchez will be our starting QB next year
    On the bright side

    1) Tebow will not be here next year
    2) See number 1

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Well Tebow may not have ruined it but he sure as hell didn't help it. Oh yeah and he quit on his teammates. But God bless him.
    The only proof you have of Tebow supposedly quitting on the team is one report from second hand anonymous sources quoting a private conversation that they didn't hear.

  12. #152
    all the tebow sucks really bad posts hes not an nfl qb posts i got news for you all. rex is protecting his golden boy mark sanchez by not starting tim tebow as we would win the game and make mark sanchez look worse than tim tebow as he trully is.

  13. #153
    McElroy asked out of the lineup.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    all the tebow sucks really bad posts hes not an nfl qb posts i got news for you all. rex is protecting his golden boy mark sanchez by not starting tim tebow as we would win the game and make mark sanchez look worse than tim tebow as he trully is.
    They don't know how to run the Tebow offense. That's why he doesn't get the start.

  15. #155
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    all the tebow sucks really bad posts hes not an nfl qb posts i got news for you all. rex is protecting his golden boy mark sanchez by not starting tim tebow as we would win the game and make mark sanchez look worse than tim tebow as he trully is.
    The same Tebow who has lost 4 of his last 5 starts??

  16. #156
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    412 yards, 3tds, 0 ints, 2 fumbles.


    bank on it!

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Exactly. Got hurt last year in the pre-season and in his one start this year. Next.

    I hope Sanchez gets friggin' destroyed.
    OK...now you just jinxed it.

    Here's what happens Sunday....

    Jets losing 3-0 until the final play of the game where Sanchez arm is hit while he is being sacked, the ball bounces off Brandon Moore's as*, Kerley snags it in the endzone..costing the Jets draft position and they lose out on a true Franchise QB.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex on Tebow: I can definitely understand the frustrations of not getting the opportunity. #nyj
    claseless and dysfunctional!! what a combo for an organization!!!

  19. #159
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    Whether you like Tebow or not, if you like the Jets, I think the right move at this point is to start Sanchez. Tebow is done here whether you like him or not. Playing him and seeing him lay an egg against a miserable team would take away his already-limited trade value. On the other hand, I don't think a good game against the weak Buffalo defense would do much on the positive side for his trade value.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

    It's all about the endgame

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The same Tebow who has lost 4 of his last 5 starts??

    One of those starts being a playoff victory over Pittsburgh with 316 yards passing ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us