Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez to start on Sunday

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who is going to watch this game now that Sanchez is starting? No rational human being who likes themselves could possibley watch.
    If your a Jet fan you'll be watching, not because you want to or expect any great miracle , it because you have to its in our blood.
    s

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'm saddened to see a diehard Jet fan like Vinniekt who has bled Jet green all the way back to March 12, 2012 deciding to desert his long fandom of the team and root hard next season probably for the Jacksonville Jagwires

This is a sad day in Jet history. I fear that within the next 4-5 days other longtime diehards since March 12 will join Vinnie and leave JI and the Jets

ucrenegade
    jaxsuzy
    demosthenes9
    daballhawk
    joe w namath
    others

ALL diehard supporters of the Jets for the last long nine months sadly leaving

I wish them well.

They will be missed

sincerely

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum's at fault. Should never have gotten rid of Drew Stanton for Tebow, and he also could've drafted Russell Wilson. He left us with nothing at the game's most important position. Then he decided to extend Sanchez
    THIS 100%!!!

And he got no real offense support and he now claims this was all UNFORESEEABLE!!!!

Goo...

Oh forget get it!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Am I missing something here? This is a Jets fan site, no? Bunch of pussies here.

We all know the story here. The Offense stinks, the CS stinks, Sanchez stinks, Rex stinks.... whatever. If Sanchez plays, root for him. It's that simple. He will be here next year... get used to it.

I'm pulling for him to end this terrible season on a good note.

Ummmmm I agree with you..

Wwwe are not talking about the Kotite years... People need to stop.........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just google image searched "epic facepalm" to find an adequate response to the story of this thread, and while there were many, many epic facepalms to choose from, none were great enough to convey the epicness of the facepalm I think this is worthy of.

Double facepalm. Implied facepalm, even Godzille facepalm...

None of these would of captured the scope of the facepalm I feel is necessary for this situation.

Sanchez is our starting quarterback next season.
    It's a fact. Get used to it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Start Tebow??

Why be loyal to a player that has zero chance of being on the team next year and that, for all intents and purposes, bailed on his team by saying he wouldn't play the wild cat and then threw Rex under the bus. Because he has a cult following? Because it will be fun to watch for some Jets fans?

The eagles pretty much benched Vick for Foles. Now that Foles is hurt the Eagles aren't starting the 3rd string QB.

But its more fun for the whiney SOJF's to cry about every decision the Jets make.
    Ummmm this as well!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and the mockery just continues.
    So hard to really give a crap any more. It is so pathetic. Can't make this stuff up.
    I have decided to go out and not watch the game. WILL MISS MY FIRST JETS GAME IN A FEW DECADES. (pretty pathetic - LOL)
    Just better to put this season to rest and truly hope that a few of the right things begin to happen. Wishing you all a Happy New year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You get sacked 11 times and see how you feel.
    It was happening to Sanchez every week last year and people kept saying he is awful at getting rid of the ball "if only we had a real smart QB in there like the 3rd stringer>'

Well the 3rd stringer got sacked 11 times, has a hurt stomach and a bruised brain. See the OL has sucked for several years now and has had effected Sanchez and his development, the WR, the running game and the entire team but no it is easy to say that one player is at fault for this nonsense....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Put down the pom poms down for a second. I'm a fan of a team. you're a fan of another man. you know what that makes you? and calling other men "sunshine" doesn't exactly help your cause either. now go prance on down to Jacksonville and show their fans what Tim tebow's #1 male cheerleader looks like. I'm sure they'll be as thrilled to have you as we were

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided to go out and not watch the game. WILL MISS MY FIRST JETS GAME IN A FEW DECADES. (pretty pathetic - LOL)
    Join the club. These buffoons and the inept qb they kept trotting out there pushed me over the edge. I stopped watching weeks ago for the 1st time since 1999.

You will have a great, stress free day and be kicking yourself that you did not do this sooner.

Enjoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    A die hard Jets fan for 44 yrs jumping to Jax and Tebow?
    Yeah sure.
    I thought the same thing!!!!

What happens if Tebow goes down next year does the "Jet fan" come back to the Jets or does he continue to root for a team he was suppossedly rooting againt for lo these many years????!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Who is going to watch this game now that Sanchez is starting? No rational human being who likes themselves could possibley watch.
    Jet fans will. Tebow fans like you won't. Keep on sniveling...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    THIS 100%!!!

And he got no real offense support and he now claims this was all UNFORESEEABLE!!!!

Goo...

Oh forget get it!!!
    Is he actually saying anything? I thought he was well hidden in an undisclosed location

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is he actually saying anything? I thought he was well hidden in an undisclosed location
    Ummmm Tanny Boy's Silence is DEAFENING!!!

For him everything is unforeseeable, Adrian Clake, Pete Kendal, Hunter, Sachez CONTINUING PROBLEMS. poor WR play, inferior RB play... Why it all just happpens to the Jets!!!

Here is a guy in Tanny Boy who couldnt help but being seen by the cameras all during Hard Knocks!! Now when the real fun begins he plays turtle.

It says all you need to know about the man.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-27-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Don't forget that they told us Sparano had created a series of offensive formations and plays the NFL had never seen before.
    We still haven't seen them......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Bottom line give any worthwhile DC enough game film and they can negate a gadget type offense. Good ones can do it in a week , but most certainly can with an offseason of prep. The Tebow offense caught some teams off guard last year , but as the season wore on his effectiveness waned. Its similiar to how Cam Newton was much less effective this year and guys like Victor Cruz had nowhere near the year they had last year.

Gameplanning, virtually rendered Tebow useless. You'll argue but he beat Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs , that game was all on Dick Lebeau as I believe he was arrogant in thinking he could just run his normal defense and blitz Tebow and it bit them, if they employed the same style of defense like the Chiefs used the outcome would have been much different.

In essence Tim Tebow has gone the way of the wildcat, 46 defense, run-n gun, a gadget that worked until coordinators caiught up with it.

Great post. Belichik certainly did game plan very well for Tebow. He ran a 50 defense with eagle fronts (DTs shifted between 3 tech and 5 tech depending on which side the RB was lined up on.)

Thing is, as with most defenses, there are ways to attack this. Just like some plays are much better against a 4-3 than a 3-4, there are plays that a 50 defense is actually pretty weak against.

I disagree with the notion that DC's have caught up. Rather, it's that Denver's OC, Mike McCoy, really didn't have an indepth understanding of what he was running.

Time will tell as we have seen more Option being run this year than ever before, and that trend will continue in my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped watching weeks ago for the 1st time since 1999.
    This explains all the insightful posts on the 2012 NY Jets season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ftard Sanchez will have his best game of the year just so we can plummet about 5 spots down the draft table and have to trade up to get 'our guy'.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ftard Sanchez will have his beest game of the year just so we can plummet about 5 spots down the draft table and have to trade up to get 'our guy'.
    And who is that guy?? Or were you just being a SOJ fan??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before the season started I predicted that the Jets would struggle with Sanchez @ QB and that they would pull him with 6 or so games left to go and start Tebow who would give them a lift and get them into the playoffs.

The time to start Tebow has long passed, he'll be cut or traded for some obligatory 2014 7th round pick. Starting him now just runs the risk of making Rex look dumb for sticking with Sanchez and with everyone in CYA mode hoping to hang on for another year that's not going to happen.

So as much fun as it would be for me to see Tebow start for the Jets to end the season I can see why they aren't doing it.

Honestly, though, from the outside looking in (and as an admitted Tebow fan) the whole thing really confuses me. Why did they trade for this guy in the first place? Especially if they had no intention of ever starting him if what I understand about the starting clause in his contract is true.

You guys need to get Tannenbaum out of there. His days of being a genius have passed him by, sort of like Pioli appears to have lost his shine.