Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Conspiracy is in

To what end? If it where a conspiracy they would start Tebow to sell out the stadium then on the 11th hr say he has turf toe or some junk. This staff isn't smart enough to do any James Bond stuff.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Hey if it works for Hillary it will work for Rex..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    to be fair, that starting QB didn't know he had a concussion either.

head injuries are tricky. it's not as simple as missing a broken rib on an x-ray, that's incompetence. This isn't.
    Yes the QB did not know he had a concussion until Rex told him if he wants to be on the team next year,he will in fact have a concussion.

Side note ,Why did Sanchez wear his helmet for the whole game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex has 4 days left as head coach. Almost time to celebrate.
    Keep dreaming.

He'll be back next year.

So sad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Yes the QB did not know he had a concussion until Rex told him if he wants to be on the team next year,he will in fact have a concussion.

This.

Afraid of the crowd. Wasn't there a death threat after the Tennessee game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Keep dreaming.

He'll be back next year.

So sad for you.
    Sad for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Sad for all of us.
    That's true, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Keep dreaming.

He'll be back next year.

So sad for you.
    Actually, if indeed they are changing GMs, I would assume the new GM would have Hie/Fire power over the HC. So I don't know how anyone can be sure if Rex will be back or not.

So that he wouldn't get a concussion.

Duh

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    This.

Afraid of the crowd. Wasn't there a death threat after the Tennessee game?
    WRONG. As proven by the news tonight that McElroy hid the concussion.

Well Sanchez does give the Jets the best chance to beat the Bills . The Bills are one team he has beaten on a regular basis but I do expect the jets to lose this one. You can't start Tebow because what if he plays great an the Jets win. Then Rex looks like an idiot not playing Tim all year. He has no choice but to start Sanchez.

It's like Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

Why is Sanchez the starter against the Bills?
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Simple. It's a road game. Sanchez starts on the road, <insert name here> starts at home.
    Why did Sanchez wear his helmet all last game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    So that he wouldn't get a concussion.
    LOLOLOL! Those are some funny ones. Do we have a forum award for funniest posts of the year?

-----------------------------
    And on another note - no conspiracy. Just bullheaded stubbornness. Not a good quality for a head coach to have when learning a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Concussion symptoms don't always show up immediately. It can be days later.

For example, a QB is sacked 11 times on a Sunday. He lifts weights on Thursday. Symptoms show up.

In a league so focused on head injuries, please. They're not faking one to support some conspiracy to give Sanchez one last start on the road. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
    Fans are pretty much in a drunk stupor of irrationality, anger, and depression.

It doesn't matter what the team does, they will kill them for it. Logic has gone out the window, the sojf drama queens perish this moment, when the team is out of the rat race, the only answer is "blow it up, and fast."

It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex has 4 days left as head coach. Almost time to celebrate.
    Deep down, do you really thing Woody will fire Rex?

I dont

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Deep down, do you really thing Woody will fire Rex?

I dont
    I am holding out hope that whoever is offered the GM spot does so on his own terms. Finding a capable GM who is willing to accept Rex forced down his throat may not be so easy. Woody has to know this. Who the F does woody get his advice from anyway? His decisions are just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I am holding out hope that whoever is offered the GM spot does so on his own terms. Finding a capable GM who is willing to accept Rex forced down his throat may not be so easy. Woody has to know this. Who the F does woody get his advice from anyway? His decisions are just plain stupid.
    I understand where the idea that a GM will want to bring in his own coach comes from, but is it unfathomable that our new GM will want to work with Rex Ryan? I say that's a very likely possibility.

GM's that want to bring in their own coaches and control all operations are typically teams that are being completely blown up and restarting from scratch. Contrary to prior belief, this team has a decent foundation to build upon. Nothing is getting blown up. Tweaks and improvements, absolutely. But we're not in a dire situation here.

As much as Rex is thought of as a buffoon here, I bet there are more GM candidates in this league that would want to work with him than there are ones who would want to replace him.

Rex isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Woody is your typical 2012 CEO who micro manages from the top down. It is painfully obvious from the Tim Tebow trade. I can only imagine what meetings with Woody Johnson look like. Whole bunch of guys "yessing" him to death with Rex and Tanny at the lead. Woody: "I want Tim Tebow!" Rex/Tanny/ Staff : "Yes boss, sounds like a great idea." Woody "I want John Cena" Rex/ Tanny/ Staff : "Yes boss, sounds like a great idea." Woody: Braylon Edwards just called us a bunch of idiots, sign this beast!" Rex/ Tanny/ Staff : "Yes boss, sounds like a great idea." And on and on and on. JETS fans are in deep trouble. Its not about incompetence like with Leon Hess. This is much uglier.
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-28-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody is your typical 2012 CEO who micro manages from the top down. It is painfully obvious from the Tim Tebow trade. I can only imagine what meetings with Woody Johnson look like. Whole bunch of guys "yessing" him to death with Rex and Tanny at the lead. Woody: "I want Tim Tebow!" Rex/Tanny/ Staff : "Yes boss, sounds like a great idea." Woody "I want John Cena" Rex/ Tanny/ Staff : "Yes boss, sounds like a great idea." And on and on and on. JETS fans are in deep trouble. Its not about incompetence like with Leon Hess. This is much uglier.
    Except that the story has been told how we acquired Tebow, through a conversation that Tannenbaum and Rex had at an airport, but I guess that must have been a conspiracy too right? There's no way the two guys in charge of football decisions made a football decision.

And please, John Cena was promoting breast cancer awareness. Let's childishly complain about the sports allegiance of a public figure.

Bon Jovi shouldn't be allowed to sell out the Meadowlands either, he's a Pats fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    To what end? If it where a conspiracy they would start Tebow to sell out the stadium then on the 11th hr say he has turf toe or some junk. This staff isn't smart enough to do any James Bond stuff.
    I think they already have a deal with Jacksonville for Tebow, and won't risk injury.

Alex Smith did the same thing Sunday night against the Seahawks and even the Sunday before against the 49ers.