Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StartTebow.com

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

StartTebow.com

I wrote a letter to Woody asking for him to start Tebow. It's at:

Http://StartTebow.com

I do not think Tebow is a great Quarterback, nor the second coming of Steve Young. I do think he is better than the other two Quarterbacks on the roster however, and he should be evaluated as an option for next season since we will be constrained by the cap ramifications of Sanchez's contract.

Here is the letter:

Dear Mr. Johnson,

On behalf of sensible Jets fans (and NFL fans) worldwide, I am requesting you force the coaching staff to start Tim Tebow in the Jets final game of the season this Sunday. As a long time Jets fans I have endured every embarrassment from the Kotite years, to the Fake Spike, and now the Buttfumble. Of all the seasons of fumbles, futility and failure this one has been the worst. From the high expectations, to the comically bad quarterback play to the head coach who sounds like the Iraqi Information Minister, telling us week after week that "Mark Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" this season has been a disaster of epic proportions.

The worst part is, it did not have to be this way. On the bench the Jets have a quarterback in Tim Tebow who could have protected the football, limited turnovers, and been an asset rather than a liability to a team built around defense. Who knew Rex Ryan's lapband procedure came with a free lobotomy. Rex has spent his whole season avoiding the very player that could save the Jets season. When the time came to finally put Mark Sanchez out of his misery, this coaching staff chose Greg McElroy to start. While there is no shortage of foolish people claiming Tim Tebow is not a "NFL Quarterback" nobody makes this claim about McElroy, yet McElroy is unable to throw the ball more than 30 yards down the field accurately.

The treatment and use of Tebow this season made no sense. Tim Tebow was the perfect fit for a so called "Ground and Pound" offense. He is the best Quarterback on the roster, and with the unique combination of has beens and never will bes at wide receiver, starting a running QB and running a conservative offense would have made all the sense in the world. The Jets didn't need Joe Montana to get to the playoffs this year, they simply needed someone to be an efficient quarterback and not turn the ball over. All of those Tebow scrambles for positive yards on broken plays are as good as completed passes. Statistically Tebow has protected the ball much better than Sanchez during his career.

This was obvious to just about everyone, other than the Jets coaching staff.

Instead of wising up, the current regime running the Jets has leaked misinformation about Tebow, discredited him, and basically thrown him under the bus to cover up their own ineptitude. Tim Tebow may be a below average quarterback, but he is an above average human being. I do not believe he "quit" on the Jets as was leaked out last week. This regime has done a disservice to Tim Tebow, and to Jets fans everywhere. You can make it right Woody. Tell those clowns to start Tebow this Sunday.

Signed,

Paul from New Jersey
    paul@starttebow.com

PS-I have finally stopped wearing my Jets gear when I go out. I will not wear that logo of failure anymore this year. Putting a Jets hat on in the morning feels like I'm writing "MORON" on my head. I wore my Jets gear back when the Jets were 1-15 under Kotite. They were just a bad football team back then. Now they are a joke of an organization that rewards incompetence and insolence.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StartTebow View Post

I do not think Tebow is a great Quarterback, nor the second coming of Steve Young. I do think he is better than the other two Quarterbacks on the roster however, and he should be evaluated as an option for next season since we will be constrained by the cap ramifications of Sanchez's contract.

Here is the letter:

Dear Mr. Johnson,

On behalf of sensible Jets fans (and NFL fans) worldwide, I am requesting you force the coaching staff to start Tim Tebow in the Jets final game of the season this Sunday. As a long time Jets fans I have endured every embarrassment from the Kotite years, to the Fake Spike, and now the Buttfumble. Of all the seasons of fumbles, futility and failure this one has been the worst. From the high expectations, to the comically bad quarterback play to the head coach who sounds like the Iraqi Information Minister, telling us week after week that "Mark Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" this season has been a disaster of epic proportions.

The worst part is, it did not have to be this way. On the bench the Jets have a quarterback in Tim Tebow who could have protected the football, limited turnovers, and been an asset rather than a liability to a team built around defense. Who knew Rex Ryan's lapband procedure came with a free lobotomy. Rex has spent his whole season avoiding the very player that could save the Jets season. When the time came to finally put Mark Sanchez out of his misery, this coaching staff chose Greg McElroy to start. While there is no shortage of foolish people claiming Tim Tebow is not a "NFL Quarterback" nobody makes this claim about McElroy, yet McElroy is unable to throw the ball more than 30 yards down the field accurately.

The treatment and use of Tebow this season made no sense. Tim Tebow was the perfect fit for a so called "Ground and Pound" offense. He is the best Quarterback on the roster, and with the unique combination of has beens and never will bes at wide receiver, starting a running QB and running a conservative offense would have made all the sense in the world. The Jets didn't need Joe Montana to get to the playoffs this year, they simply needed someone to be an efficient quarterback and not turn the ball over. All of those Tebow scrambles for positive yards on broken plays are as good as completed passes. Statistically Tebow has protected the ball much better than Sanchez during his career.

Instead of wising up, the current regime running the Jets has leaked misinformation about Tebow, discredited him, and basically thrown him under the bus to cover up their own ineptitude. Tim Tebow may be a below average quarterback, but he is an above average human being. I do not believe he "quit" on the Jets as was leaked out last week. This regime has done a disservice to Tim Tebow, and to Jets fans everywhere. You can make it right Woody. Tell those clowns to start Tebow this Sunday.

Signed,

Paul from New Jersey
    paul@starttebow.com

PS-I have finally stopped wearing my Jets gear when I go out. I will not wear that logo of failure anymore this year. Putting a Jets hat on in the morning feels like I'm writing "MORON" on my head. I wore my Jets gear back when the Jets were 1-15 under Kotite. They were just a bad football team back then. Now they are a joke of an organization that rewards incompetence and insolence.
    A little late for this, isn't it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the letter:

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Signed,

Paul from New Jersey
    paul@starttebow.com

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    A little late for this, isn't it?
    I've had the domain for weeks (maybe a month now?) and was considering it as far back as the bye. I was going to put it up, but it seemed as if Rex had at least come to his senses when he benched Sanchez in the Arizona game. I could have lived with McElroy starting back then.

At this point I've just seen enough of Mark. Remember when the Kansas City fans were cheering Cassel getting hurt? I don't think they weren't cheering his injury really, I think they were just cheering that they didn't have to see the same old crap on the field again the next Sunday.

I'm at about the same point. I'd like to see Tebow be given a shot, especially in light of the fact that Woody may bring in a GM to blow the whole thing up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody make finishtebow.com please

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY. Woody has already forced enough **** down Jets FO and fans throats, and this is the season we got.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fcuk off you stupid ****

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS FOUR MORE DAYS

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    GFY. Woody has already forced enough **** down Jets FO and fans throats, and this is the season we got.
    Really? Did Woody force Sporano on us, or was that one of Tanny's dumbass "Parcells guys" that was put in charge of the offense. Did he want Sanchez to start all these games, or was that Rex's decision? Woody hasn't forced anything on this team, at most he forced them to trade for Tebow, who they have not used correctly at all. Woody should start forcing things until he hires a real GM, because clearly T-Rex is clueless and their success game from the team Mangini built.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Start the Tebow trade already ,get rid of this mess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Did Woody force Sporano on us, or was that one of Tanny's dumbass "Parcells guys" that was put in charge of the offense. Did he want Sanchez to start all these games, or was that Rex's decision? Woody hasn't forced anything on this team, at most he forced them to trade for Tebow, who they have not used correctly at all. Woody should start forcing things until he hires a real GM, because clearly T-Rex is clueless and their success game from the team Mangini built.
    I want the best QB to start every game for the Jets. Even though the season is essentially over we still have loads of young WR and Edwards that have to be evaluated. The best way to do that is to let the best healthy QB on the team who can run the base O start. That QB is Mark Sanchez.

I think Sanchez isn't very good. I still think he is miles better then Tim Tebow. Tebow should never start until he proves in practice that he can run the O. He hasn't done it. Rex has not been lying to us, there is no conspiracy, Tebow actually does suck and everyone of the coaches knows it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY. Be sure to save your thread for the next team that starts Tebow, because it won't be this one.

Tebow trolls

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the domain for weeks (maybe a month now?) and was considering it as far back as the bye. I was going to put it up, but it seemed as if Rex had at least come to his senses when he benched Sanchez in the Arizona game. I could have lived with McElroy starting back then.

At this point I've just seen enough of Mark. Remember when the Kansas City fans were cheering Cassel getting hurt? I don't think they weren't cheering his injury really, I think they were just cheering that they didn't have to see the same old crap on the field again the next Sunday.

I'm at about the same point. I'd like to see Tebow be given a shot, especially in light of the fact that Woody may bring in a GM to blow the whole thing up.
    What does it matter now with 1 game to go? Tebow is an ex-Jet in 75 hours.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    GFY. Be sure to save your thread for the next team that starts Tebow, because it won't be this one.

Tebow trolls
    I've been a Jets fan my whole life. I might root for certain players when they leave, but I always root for the Jets, even during the Kotite years.

The Jets really can't bring Sanchez back next year, they should evaluate Tebow in an actual game situation before trading him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a Jets fan my whole life. I might root for certain players when they leave, but I always root for the Jets, even during the Kotite years.

The Jets really can't bring Sanchez back next year, they should evaluate Tebow in an actual game situation before trading him.
    The guy is gone, he will not be a QB for the Jets ever. He has no trade value as a QB with the exception of Jax who desperately need to fill seats. The Coaching staff in Jax don't even want him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

You wrote a letter to Woody Johnson. Did you also remember to send out your letter to Santa? Or how about a strongly worded rebuttal to the local newspaper?

You letter and your website are a joke. Tebow should have never been brought over to this team, a mistake that will be fixed very soon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow fans have made me literally hate Tebow

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The guy is gone, he will not be a QB for the Jets ever. He has no trade value as a QB with the exception of Jax who desperately need to fill seats. The Coaching staff in Jax don't even want him.
    I keep reading here how everyone assumes that Jax will trade for Tebow. Why should they? They know the Jets won't keep him next year, so why not just stay put and wait for him to be released? That's what I expect to happen anyway.