Thread: Lomas Brown

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Lomas Brown

Anyone hear his interview on ESPN? He admitted to intentionally missing blocks so that Scott Mitchell would get hurt. He went on to say that this is nothing strange and it happens in the NFL today. He said there are unwritten rules and players take things into their own hands when things go wrong within an orginization.

I'm not saying this happened Sunday with the 11 sacks but it sure makes you wonder. Jets are a mess and the players are undisciplined. Rex seems to have little control so it sure wouldn't shock me.

Anyhow I found what Lomas was saying very interesting.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Anyone hear his interview on ESPN? He admitted to intentionally missing blocks so that Scott Mitchell would get hurt. He went on to say that this is nothing strange and it happens in the NFL today. He said there are unwritten rules and players take things into their own hands when things go wrong within an orginization.

I'm not saying this happened Sunday with the 11 sacks but it sure makes you wonder. Jets are a mess and the players are undisciplined. Rex seems to have little control so it sure wouldn't shock me.

What a pos. And the Jets O-Line played like crap, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hmmmm. Payback for running his mouth last year!??

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    What a pos. And the Jets O-Line played like crap, I wouldn't be surprised.
    And what statement exactly would the Jets OL be making. They don't want McElroy , they want Sanchez , they want Tebow !!!

Wasn't it the same Jets team and OL who everyone sensed got a big surge when McElroy replaced Sanchez against the Cards. So did they decide in two weeks of practice that he really sucks and want him to get punished.

Or is this just another the MAN is against Tim Tebow conspiracy theory,

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Hmmmm. Payback for running his mouth last year!??
    Very possible

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And what statement exactly would the Jets OL be making. They don't want McElroy , they want Sanchez , they want Tebow !!!

Wasn't it the same Jets team and OL who everyone sensed got a big surge when McElroy replaced Sanchez against the Cards. So did they decide in two weeks of practice that he really sucks and want him to get punished.

I don't think anyone affiliated with the Jets wants Tebow. I think the Jets O-Line may be good friends with Sanchez. That being said, i think 3 of the O Line on the Jets are about to be FA, and getting your QB knocked out 2 weeks before you go FA does not help to get big $$. So, no I don't think there was a conspiracy, but man the line played awful. Something was up.

I sure hope we have five guys with Lomas Brown's attitude on Sunday afternoon. First play of the game just stand up and let them all in. Just pummel his ass.

I don't think anyone affiliated with the Jets wants Tebow. I think the Jets O-Line may be good friends with Sanchez. That being said, i think 3 of the O Line on the Jets are about to be FA, and getting your QB knocked out 2 weeks before you go FA does not help to get big $$. So, no I don't think there was a conspiracy, but man the line played awful. Something was up.
    You right about "something was up"

The line played awful but we also started a rookie QB who our opponent could gameplan for. SD stacked the box challenging us to throw, they brought overload blitz after overload blitz , this increased as the game wore on especially when they had the lead. They didn't respect our Wr's and passing game one bit and with the lead it also factored out the running game - GMac was a sitting duck similiar to the situations Sanchez has faced many times this year.

Has Sanchez been horrible - yes - way too many turnovers, but in this offense and with the current skill position players Tom Brady would have gone fetal so many times he would have crawled up into his mother's womb.
    Peyton Manning would be retired with a fused neck and spinal column.

The offense is setup to fail , starting with the desire to run a ground and pound offense to the ragtag wr's who need a garmin to run the correct routes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm sure Lomas won't be surprised if Scott Mitchell shows up on his doorstep with a pair of pliers and blowtorch.

It would actually be pretty awesome if Rex snapped last week and the Tebow leak coincided with telling the O-line to let little Greggy know what happens to locker room snitches.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post

Jets fans have gone off the deep end. Every minute there's a new conspiracy theory.

Hall Of Fame
    Why would he ever admit to it? Fargin eejit.

God forbid it was a black QB and white OL. This would be getting major play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why would he ever admit to it? Fargin eejit.

God forbid it was a black QB and white OL. This would be getting major play.
    If they wanted to get GMac killed the time to do it was the Cardinal game when he looked like a hero replacing Sanchez....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If they wanted to get GMac killed the time to do it was the Cardinal game when he looked like a hero replacing Sanchez....
    That's a bit different. Sanchez was the starter, he was just being replaced for that game as far as the the line knew. There wasn't enough time to think like that. Plus he only threw a few times.