Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was 11 sacks payback to McElroy?

Was 11 sacks payback to McElroy?

I have to ask this question because after watching the game again, at no time this year was there any kind of jailbreak even close to what McElroy saw last Sunday. I've tried to blame it on indecision, receivers, blitz pickups etc.,. Even against the Niners at home this year Sanchez was harassed but nothing like this. The Chargers absolutely do not have that good of a pass rush folks. Usually if it looks like s***, smells like s***, it is s***!

Right after the game there was a thread on here asking if the oline packed it in and I never read the thread so I don't know if anybody touched on whether or not it may have been about McElroy running his mouth last year as a rookie. Anyway, the line nearly got this kid seriously hurt last week and I do personally put it all on the line.

Veteran
    They have been cowards all year and if they gave minimal effort last Sunday, they should be fined.

Veteran
    The whole offensive line Lomas Brown'ed him?

McElroy got sacked a bunch but more than half of them had to do with him holding the ball far too long...

He's always done it. Look back at his college numbers. One thing the guy has always done is take sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    McElroy got sacked a bunch but more than half of them had to do with him holding the ball far too long...

He's always done it. Look back at his college numbers. One thing the guy has always done is take sacks.
    McElroy did not hold the ball too long. Sure he could have did a Sanchez and threw it to a unopen receiver for a pick but he was trying to protect the ball unlike Sanchez. But even on the throws where your thinking he held the ball too long he didn't. He didn't even have time to make his progressions and then throw it away. Watch the game again if you can bare it....lol

with this organization anything is possible.

lets hope our future gets brighter monday morning.

do the right thing woody................clean house.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    The whole offensive line Lomas Brown'ed him?

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    LOL!

I have loved the JETS for 45 years. I hate everything about THIS team as it is currently constructed. I was all for holding out and trying to save Rex and demote Tanny, new OC and a few players but this is the biggest cancer I have seen since Kotite and maybe worse. Rex is a puppet (and sadly not a head coach) and our owner is Al Davis.
    I almost hope GMAC gets released and goes to the PATS and Satan (Belly) puts him in the game, like he did with Testeverde and wipes the JETS faces in it.

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    I have loved the JETS for 45 years. I hate everything about THIS team as it is currently constructed. I was all for holding out and trying to save Rex and demote Tanny, new OC and a few players but this is the biggest cancer I have seen since Kotite and maybe worse. Rex is a puppet (and sadly not a head coach) and our owner is Al Davis.
    I almost hope GMAC gets released and goes to the PATS and Satan (Belly) puts him in the game, like he did with Testeverde and wipes the JETS faces in it.
    I agree with everything you said except that Rex is a puppet. I think all of his decisions and coaching moves are agenda based. He's extremely bull-headed and egotistical (just like his father), but he has a calmer way of showing it to the public & media.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I agree with everything you said except that Rex is a puppet. I think all of his decisions and coaching moves are agenda based. He's extremely bull-headed and egotistical (just like his father), but he has a calmer way of showing it to the public & media.
    He should have only one agenda, winning, I don't think that is his agenda though. Rex needs to go. It's too bad because I really liked him, in spite of all his horrible public speaking and his awful coordinator decisions, I wanted him to be the guy. After this month I am afraid he is not the guy. Rex is a DC and that is all.
    Last edited by usapaw; 12-27-2012 at 03:36 PM.

He should have only one agenda, winning, I don't think that is his agenda though. Rex needs to go. It's too bad because I really liked him, in spite of all his horrible public speaking and his awful coodinator decisions, I wanted him to be the guy. After this month I am afraid he is not the guy. Rex is a DC and that is all.
    Yup, he is no more than a glorified DC. He simply does not know how to handle adversity when things aren't going well....which is the true sign of a good/great HC. Any coach can stick out their chest when things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Was 11 sacks payback to McElroy?
    Only if he was paying himself back.

Most of those sacks were due to him holding on to the ball like a College QB, not a Pro, and being completely unable to feel or anticipate or see pro-levels of pressure.

You generally don't get 20 minutes back there to hang out.

1....2...3....THROW IT!, throw it away, or you're getting sacked.

He didn't throw it. So he got sacked. Welcome to the NFL 101.

Jets Insider VIP
    He should have only one agenda, winning, I don't think that is his agenda though. Rex needs to go. It's too bad because I really liked him, in spite of all his horrible public speaking and his awful coordinator decisions, I wanted him to be the guy. After this month I am afraid he is not the guy. Rex is a DC and that is all.
    So what's his agenda, if not winning? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Go back and ask the last poster who I replied to, chrisjets23. Thanks for playing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Only if he was paying himself back.

Most of those sacks were due to him holding on to the ball like a College QB, not a Pro, and being completely unable to feel or anticipate or see pro-levels of pressure.

You generally don't get 20 minutes back there to hang out.

1....2...3....THROW IT!, throw it away, or you're getting sacked.

He didn't throw it. So he got sacked. Welcome to the NFL 101.
    Yep it seemed like he was extremely well coached by the Jets Cracker Jack staff to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    His agenda is winning games like he did vs. Arizona 7-6. And look at how long it took him to actually bench Sanchez. We'll never have a great offense because it would overshadow his defense. So he'd rather win a low-scoring game with his QB turning the ball over multiple times rather than winning a high scoring game where his QB and offense is lights out. In his pressers he's claimed "his defense" will be a top 5 defense, but I've never heard him say this about the offense. Why? It's because he could care less what they do. Like I said in my other post, he's a glorified DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yep it seemed like he was extremely well coached by the Jets Cracker Jack staff to me....
    Not going to find me defending Sparano or our Offensive Staff, but in fairness you have to actually have some talent to be able to Coach it up.

McElroy apepars to not meet that requirement IMO, except in star-struck wishful-thinking he's-our-own-Brady-maybe Fans eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    And look at how long it took him to actually bench Sanchez.
    It took him that long because he knew the Jets were tied to Sanchez financially, Tebow was a bag of ****, and McElroy doesn't belong in the NFL.

All of which is on his doorstep, cause he's the Head Coach and played at least some part in signing/aquiring these jokes.

Like I said earlier, anybody blaming those sacks on anyone other than the line needs to watch the game again. Brady would have crumbled back there as well.

Practice Squad
    payback for what exactly? he didn't throw anybody under the bus. he just stated what the other team players thought as well.