Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Couple of things to be noticed from this QB change

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of things to be noticed from this QB change

1. It is now clear that Rex did not want Tim Tebow on this team. This trade was forced upon him either by Tanny or Woody. That same person also is the one who sold him the bag of goods.

2. If the Jets beat the Bills as a lot of you are now thinking they are going to do, they will be 7-9. For a sh**show and a circus, a 7-9 record is not a horrible record, taking into account injurie(s) as well. Even if they win, somebody's going to get fired (bets on Tanny)

3. There was no conspiracy about this. The only people talking about a conspiracy are people on here. Not even Rich Cimini, a trasher, is discussing a conspiracy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's also possible that the staff wanted tebow on the team but were shocked with how poorly he preformed as a QB in practiced so he lost the back up job. Happens ALL the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    1. It is now clear that Rex did not want Tim Tebow on this team. This trade was forced upon him either by Tanny or Woody. That same person also is the one who sold him the bag of goods.

2. If the Jets beat the Bills as a lot of you are now thinking they are going to do, they will be 7-9. For a sh**show and a circus, a 7-9 record is not a horrible record, taking into account injurie(s) as well. Even if they win, somebody's going to get fired (bets on Tanny)

3. There was no conspiracy about this. The only people talking about a conspiracy are people on here. Not even Rich Cimini, a trasher, is discussing a conspiracy.
    Your love and acceptance of mediocrity is well documented.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    It's also possible that the staff wanted tebow on the team but were shocked with how poorly he preformed as a QB in practiced so he lost the back up job. Happens ALL the time.
    Pretty much this. If the jets brought in a safety that under performed and never got a chance to start no one would care.but since this is a qb issue and it involves the self anointed one teblow is a huge controversy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Until Brady retires.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until Brady retires.
    Brady has nothing to do with OUR inability to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady has nothing to do with OUR inability to win.
    No but until he retires, we ain't winning the division.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually believe this scenario.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont buy that. His MO was never being a good practice player so they couldnt have not already have known that. Is Mark Sanchez a good practice player? yes. So what he gets to come in the game and forget everything he learned in practice..

I was never a big fan of bringing tebow here. I thought atleast we had a decent backup for once to push Mark to next level.. I never imagined him playing this badly all season. When I guy is that bad you cant say your not putting in the backup because he looks bad in practice.. Mcelroy? very smart bu no athletic ability or arm.. Im glad we got to see him but whos next..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, this is how the story goes. Rex and Tannenbaum were in an airport when Tebow's release was announced. Rex, insisted that they call him immediately. Now being an "old school" coach of the ground and pound school, this doesn't shock me in the least.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez has a good game against the Bills, then Jet front office and Sanchez fans will think QB situation is fixed for next season. Worst thing that could have happened is letting Sanchez start another game here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but until he retires, we ain't winning the division.
    We have to win 11 games to do that most likely. Only 2 are against the PATS.

If the Pats played Tebow I wouldn't care. We still won't win 11 games until our coach and FO act like GB, PITT, NYG etc.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1...Lol...How could apply the phrase "not to bad", to this sorry 2012 season!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    + 1.

I will never understand it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except Tebow was not released, he was traded...

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Sorry, this is how the story goes. Rex and Tannenbaum were in an airport when Tebow's release was announced. Rex, insisted that they call him immediately. Now being an "old school" coach of the ground and pound school, this doesn't shock me in the least.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    + 1.

I will never understand it.
    Because mediocre teams can win championships by the greatest variable in sports.

Luck.

we've seen mediocre teams go on runs at the end of seasons to win championships.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I dont buy that. His MO was never being a good practice player so they couldnt have not already have known that. Is Mark Sanchez a good practice player? yes. So what he gets to come in the game and forget everything he learned in practice..

I was never a big fan of bringing tebow here. I thought atleast we had a decent backup for once to push Mark to next level.. I never imagined him playing this badly all season. When I guy is that bad you cant say your not putting in the backup because he looks bad in practice.. Mcelroy? very smart bu no athletic ability or arm.. Im glad we got to see him but whos next.
    I agree for the most part. It just seems common sense for Rex to start Tebow at least one game to see how he handles a game. The argument that he "didn't realize Tebow sucked so bad until he saw him in practice" is not the reason Rex didn't start him after Sanchez and McElroy, because there was absolutely nothing to lose by letting Tebow start last game or this game. Except face. Rex could lose face for not starting him earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yeah, no. I don't think this is true any more. I think Eckesg1 is correct that Ryan never wanted Tebow. It was probably Woody or Tanny, but Rex said okay and he's the one who lied to Tebow, the team, the fans, and the media all year long. The only possible reason I can find for Ryan's absolute refusal to start Tebow is to spite whoever wanted Tebow on the team. That's not a good trait for a head coach to have: a stubborn unwillingness to try out someone else's idea . Stubbornness is the only explanation that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    If Sanchez has a good game against the Bills, then Jet front office and Sanchez fans will think QB situation is fixed for next season. Worst thing that could have happened is letting Sanchez start another game here.
    This is what's going to happen. Sanchez will be the starter next year. Rex will get a pass. Tanny and Sparano will be blamed. JetsNeedNewton already called this one - it just happened quicker than he predicted. And I will still be a member of this forum watching it all play out next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because mediocre teams can win championships by the greatest variable in sports.

Luck.

we've seen mediocre teams go on runs at the end of seasons to win championships.

I'm sure the motto in Green Bay or NE is let's be mediocre and pray.....

I got GREAT advice about 20 years ago and it changed my life.

Short story... "Leave nothing to chance".

My income has increased 6 fold from that day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Luck.

You make it sound like it's easy.

'10 Packers and '11 Giants underachieved in the regular season. They were not mediocre. They have great QBs, something we havent had in 40 years.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Luck.

Not without a QB, that is a constant variable.

NEWSFLASH: Jets have 3 guys listed as QB's...but they have ZERO QB's.