Thread: Alarming note to sum up our ST...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Alarming note to sum up our ST...

Per PFT...

Most fair catches: Jets punt returner Jeremy Kerley has fair caught 33 punt returns this season, tying the all-time record set by Brian Mitchell of the Eagles in 2000. Mitchell is the NFL’s all-time leader for most punt returns and most punt return yards, and he probably wouldn’t mind giving up an unimportant record like most fair catches in a season — the kind of weird record it would make sense for someone on this weird Jets team to own.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseryLovesCompany99 View Post
    Per PFT...

Most fair catches: Jets punt returner Jeremy Kerley has fair caught 33 punt returns this season, tying the all-time record set by Brian Mitchell of the Eagles in 2000. Mitchell is the NFL’s all-time leader for most punt returns and most punt return yards, and he probably wouldn’t mind giving up an unimportant record like most fair catches in a season — the kind of weird record it would make sense for someone on this weird Jets team to own.
    For me the absolute most important thing for a PR is ball security.sure it's nice to have a threat to break it every time but I want a Mr Reliable back there first and foremost,so it's way better IMO to have a guy who's savvy enough to make the smart but unglamorous play than a cavalier river boat gambler that cough's it up on as regular a basis as they make a big play.Leonhard was a solid PR and was always happy with him back there even though he was no real threat to run it back,JK is actually a threat as evidenced by his TD week 1 and other than a muff as a rookie last year I believe he's been pretty much safe fielding and returning punts