Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum gone as GM Monday

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if it's true, one of the reasons that they may do this abruptly is that they have somebody in line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Well this takes care of half the problem. Next on the chopping block is the head buffoon.
    Right on cue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

tanny & co.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We've done it before with Bradway. It's a big part of why this circus just continues. Jets are the only team that takes its trash and recycles it within their own organization.
    so why not get rid of tanny,bradway and their scouting crew.i would be happy to start from scratch and get some real people to run this orginazation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If keeping Mike Tannenbaum would keep other qualified candidates from accepting even an interview for the Jets, then this is a bad bad move."

Is there anything on this planet that Woody Johnson does correctly? MFG! We have a major boob for an owner. He is laughably incompetent at .. well... everything!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this organization constantly in a state of stupidity?

Business models for dummies; chapter 1:

When an employee fails at their job do not fire them. Instead reassign the employee within the same department. That will make the organization more attractive to outside candidates because they will know that the previous person will be in the building and partially responsible for your success or failure. It's also attractive to outside candidates to know that mediocrity is tolerated and rewarded with job security.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post

When an employee fails at their job do not fire them. Instead reassign the employee within the same department. That will make the organization more attractive to outside candidates because they will know that the previous person will be in the building and partially responsible for your success or failure. It's also attractive to outside candidates to know that mediocrity is tolerated and rewarded with job security.
    You know what I am thinking right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Love your sif gif. Lol, what a girly man.

Have you every worked in Management? Demotions do not work when changing management teams. They undermine the new management team. Competent managers will not allow it. And any self respecting manager would not accept a demotion.
    Woody obviously has not. That's the problem with having a trust fund kid as an owner. You'd think he'd have competent people to turn to for help though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything else aside, any GM who could go into this season wanting to Ground and Pound with a back who's no better than top 15 in NFL, a mediocre fullback, a WR who's probably a good #2 who quit on the team, a slot r. who's shown some promise but is not elite, and a rookie with highly questionable hands to be led with a QB who has a ceiling as a game manager, isn't a decent talent evaluator. He's a guy who can't admit his mistakes ("we've got a locker room full of Victor Cruz's") and believes his own hype (Tanny on HK = "who's the smart SOB who traded for Holmes?").

this is why MT needs to go.

Are we still just "1 or 2 plays away" from winning games, Tanny?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post

Exactly.

Hopefully revischrist will read this post since he can't read mine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yet another SOJF powered thread that brings the LOLz

the NFL is not like you being banished from White Castle after failing to toast the belly bomber buns properly so you cant make a scene at the drive thru window the next day

Coaches are recycled all the time

GMs much less so but there are the examples of Heckert and a special case in Bruce Allen

Rich McKay former GM of TB and ATL remains with ATL in other capacities (CEO, President) - doesnt seem to be hurting them at all

etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

the NFL is not like you being banished from White Castle after failing to toast the belly bomber buns properly so you cant make a scene at the drive thru window the next day

GMs much less so but there are the examples of Heckert and a special case in Bruce Allen

Rich McKay former GM of TB and ATL remains with ATL in other capacities (CEO, President) - doesnt seem to be hurting them at all

etc.
    bradway was a scout who was over his head as gm. he's a good scout. he was allegedly begging tanny to draft russell wilson. if that's true, he's a guy you keep.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

etc.
    Same Ol Jets as in:

When we were looking for a new HC, the candidates were told that we were keeping Schotty. Competent HC's said "No, Thanks". We wound up with Rex.

Now we are looking for a GM. The candidates are being told that we are keeping Rex. Competent GM's will say :No, Thanks". We will wind up with a first time nobody.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Btw, when was an nfl head coach demoted to a DC or OC and stayed on the staff after a head coaching change? Yeah, I didn't think so.

And when was a GM DEMOTED, not promoted to CEO or President, onto the staff of a new GM? Maybe there was but I can't think of any. If there was, it was idiotic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

etc.
    So, in your opinion, what is the advantage of retaining Tannenbaum after bringing in a new GM?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    bradway was a scout who was over his head as gm. he's a good scout. he was allegedly begging tanny to draft russell wilson. if that's true, he's a guy you keep.
    But I thought the complaint was that this management team could not evaluate talent. Why keep the chief talent evaluator?

Look, if the new GM wants to keep Bradway, or Rex, or whoever, that is fine. That should be their call, though, not a condition of the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    But I thought the complaint was that this management team could not evaluate talent. Why keep the chief talent evaluator?

Look, if the new GM wants to keep Bradway, or Rex, or whoever, that is fine. That should be their call, though, not a condition of the job.
    Excellent point. I don't understand how anyone who thinks that the Jets are going to change GMs can be so sure Rex is coming back. I kept hearing on the radio today that Tannenbaum is gone, but Rex will probably be back. How can anyone know? Wouldn't that be the call of the new GM?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Excellent point. I don't understand how anyone who thinks that the Jets are going to change GMs can be so sure Rex is coming back. I kept hearing on the radio today that Tannenbaum is gone, but Rex will probably be back. How can anyone know? Wouldn't that be the call of the new GM?
    Not if our genius owner tells the GM candidates that as a condition of taking the job that Rex has to stay.

Sadly, I could see this happening. All top tier GM candidates would tell Woody to piss off, and we would only get 2nd and 3rd tier candidates applying for the job.

This is how we got Rex in the first place.
    Last edited by GandWFan; 12-27-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So, in your opinion, what is the advantage of retaining Tannenbaum after bringing in a new GM?
    As long as he is not in the chain of command of HC GM Owner....not sure it matters. IF Woodymretains him and listens to him as an advisor then clearly it is a problem.

The only way a REAL GM takes the job is if Tanny is gone or works FOR the new GM and can not report to Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Rex isn't far behind..Otherwise the song remains the same, "Send in the Clowns"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    As long as he is not in the chain of command of HC GM Owner....not sure it matters. IF Woodymretains him and listens to him as an advisor then clearly it is a problem.

The only way a REAL GM takes the job is if Tanny is gone or works FOR the new GM and can not report to Woody.
    I really don't think there's any way to know that is not happening or won't happen. Or that Woody won't go to Mike before a personnel decision is made and say, "Hey Mike, what do YOU think about getting this guy or making this deal?"

I can see that happening so easily. And that's counter-productive and undermines the new GM. That's why he must go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me like there's a reason why Woody wants to make changes, but not wholesale changes. He wants to reassign Tanny, and bring in someone with a fresh perspective to straighten out the Jets' talent and structure, while keeping Rex. Why would he do this? My opinion, but I think it's because he's holding out hope that Rex can turn things around quicker than a new HC would, to make a run at the 2014 Superbowl here in NY.

While it's far-fetched, Woody's dream is for the Jets to represent the AFC in that game. It would be even more far-fetched for a new HC, bringing in two new systems on Offense and Defense to get the Jets to the SB.

Just my opinion...