Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 183

Thread: Tannenbaum gone as GM Monday

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Rex is very well respected in league circles as a defensive Co-ordinator. I do not think that many have the same feeling for him as a head coach. He has not assembled a very good coaching staff, his team has locker room issues. He has not shown a tendency to develop talent, and his demeanor is off putting to many, not a few.

    I believe a new GM will want to keep him next year for two reasons, One for giving him a chance, and the 2nd because he helped create this mess and he should live with the results good or bad. This way the New GM hand picked guy does not come on to a team in transition with no cap money.
    Agreed. Other than implementing his defense Rex has done very little with this team since his arrival. In fact his has pumped up the value of some players making it hard to resign them. He picked the wrong receiver to give the big contract to and caused and very reliable receiver - Cotchery - to ask for his release. He let a player he needed in Leon Washington leave for almost nothing.
    He had to overpay for Cromartie because he chased a corner they really didn't need. Rex picked the wrong player in Bart Scott over Ray Lewis. There's a bunch of other moves that have Rex's stamp on them that have weakened this team. Rex is the one who touted how hard it was to prepare for Tebow. How do we know Rex wasn't behind this whole Tebow thing once again out thinking himself?
    As much as I like Rex and he did great getting the Jets to 2 championship games I now see the team headed in the opposite direction and I can't see Rex having the brains to get the Jets out of it. He's a great coordinator.

  2. #142
    Jeff fisher wanted Shotty, he's not competent, this is sad.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Bradway sucks and has alot more responsibility over whats going on then most people know. Horrible evaluator of talent. Him and T-Bum should be on unemployment.
    Just a question:

    If tanny and bradway suck, and are responsible for vlad, gholston, dwayne robertson and kyle wilson (who btw would start on over half the teams in the league), then who is responsible for drafting:

    revis possible HOF
    mangold multiple pro-bowls
    wilkerson (2nd rated 3-4 DE in the league this year),
    coples (having a great rookie year),
    kerley (a great 5th round pick),
    keller (avg approx 50 catches per year),
    greene (who i dont like, but has 2 1000 yard seasons)
    mcknight (pro bowl kick returner as a 4th round pick)
    slauson (2 year starter from the 7th round)

    We havent had a lot of picks, and the depth has hurt us, but to say we havent had "good drafts" is such a jet fan overexaggeration.

  4. #144
    Leon Washingtons career at the time was in question, but wanted a big contract. Cromartie is a pro bowler. ray lewis wanted to stay in Baltimore, he wasn't available.Your not happy we got Cromartie, your not serious are you

  5. #145
    Alot of the people who post have styrofoam in between there ears. Its scary

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Leon Washingtons career at the time was in question, but wanted a big contract. Cromartie is a pro bowler. ray lewis wanted to stay in Baltimore, he wasn't available.Your not happy we got Cromartie, your not serious are you
    Are we really still talking about leon washington? Has mcknight not been a good enough returner the past 2 years?

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Leon Washingtons career at the time was in question, but wanted a big contract. Cromartie is a pro bowler. ray lewis wanted to stay in Baltimore, he wasn't available.Your not happy we got Cromartie, your not serious are you

    Rex was willing to drop Cromartie like a hot potato for Nnamdi Asomugha...lets not forget about that.

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Rex was willing to drop Cromartie like a hot potato for Nnamdi Asomugha...lets not forget about that.
    Zing. Where's GenoT's response to that?

  9. #149
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Meyers reporting today that Tebow was all Tanny's idea and Woody had nothing to do with it.

    Looks like Tanny is being made the scapegoat. I don't want to make it look like I am sticking up for him bc I want him out but he isn't the only one that needs to go.
    I think its been pretty well documented that both Tanny, Rex and Sparano were all on board. Tanny likes to think outside the box (and certainly has an eye towards making a splash, even if it wasn't mandated specifically here) and Rex and Sparano are fond of the WC and ground and pound and were saddled with a mediocre (or worse) QB.

    In hindsight, it didn't work out. But, I don't think the motives were anything more than what it was at face value. Sure Woody got on board quickly, as he likes the press, but, JMO, I really don't think Woody pulls the strings in situations like these.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Alot of the people who post have styrofoam in between there ears. Its scary
    LOL

    I like this guy!!!

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think its been pretty well documented that both Tanny, Rex and Sparano were all on board. Tanny likes to think outside the box (and certainly has an eye towards making a splash, even if it wasn't mandated specifically here) and Rex and Sparano are fond of the WC and ground and pound and were saddled with a mediocre (or worse) QB.

    In hindsight, it didn't work out. But, I don't think the motives were anything more than what it was at face value. Sure Woody got on board quickly, as he likes the press, but, JMO, I really don't think Woody pulls the strings in situations like these.
    Exactly.

    What is the obsession with creating conspiracy theories on the Tebow project?

    Tanny and Rex talked about it, both wanted it, sold it to Woody, Sparano was on board, and all of them were blown away how bad he was once the pads went on in practice.

    This is why Denver didn't want him

    This is why teammates have spoken up about him publicly, both Broncos AND Jets

    Yet the Tebow fans, media, and anybody with an axe to grind, wants to spin this into something it wasn't.

    Tebow is not an NFL QB, and the circus the media created because of this person had as much to do with the demise of the Jets team this year than any other issue.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Well it is pretty apparent that Rex had nothing to do with it, besides saying he will give it a shot. Tanny has a history for trading picks for established players
    and Woody thinks more Tebow is a god thing. I think that points to Woody, Tanny maybe agreed and I think Rex took one for the team. Rex was forced to sing praises to Tebow, while massaging Marks ego and explain why when he let Brad Smith go the wildcat was a gimmick whose time has past.

    I am thinking he would have went to Stanton 3 games ago.
    That's 100 percent correct. Actually, he may have gone to Stanton before then. Rex knew he couldn't go to Tebow and I think he saw enough from MCelroy to know he wasn't the answer. If he had an solid backup QB we could have seen the end of Sanchez at midseason.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Zing. Where's GenoT's response to that?
    In a styrofoam cup

  14. #154
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    Tanny and Rex talked about it, both wanted it, sold it to Woody, Sparano was on board, and all of them were blown away how bad he was once the pads went on in practice.
    And that's a microcosm of why both need to go!

    They both think that they can make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

    And it will never end.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Rex was willing to drop Cromartie like a hot potato for Nnamdi Asomugha...lets not forget about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Zing. Where's GenoT's response to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    In a styrofoam cup
    Lol what a joke. Every single person on this board wanted Nnamdi and at the time there was an arguement over who the top CB in the game was: Revis or Nnamdi. 32 out of 32 NFL teams would have taken Nnamdi over Cro at the time.

    Please don't act like you saw Cromartie going from above-average to top 3 CB in the game. But you can most certainly credit Rex and his staff for part of Cro's vast improvement.

  16. #156
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Rex was willing to drop Cromartie like a hot potato for Nnamdi Asomugha...lets not forget about that.
    Romancing Aso is probably the most underrated blunder of this regime. Look at what we did in terms of restructuring contracts and look at the players we lost from honing in on one guy.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That's 100 percent correct. Actually, he may have gone to Stanton before then. Rex knew he couldn't go to Tebow and I think he saw enough from MCelroy to know he wasn't the answer. If he had an solid backup QB we could have seen the end of Sanchez at midseason.
    this is 100% correct.

    lets part ways with all the qbs on the roster and start over.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this is 100% correct.

    lets part ways with all the qbs on the roster and start over.
    Backup QB's just don't matter in this league. The Tebow thing was just an attempt at Brad Smith who happened to play QB instead of WR.

    Once you start getting to your backup QB, the season is already over save a once in a lifetime situation like Brady. We'll never see that again.


    Every move was made on the premise that Sanchez would do a good job. Unfortunately that was stupid but also unfortunately, there was next to nothing avaialble last year at the QB spot. The only guy worth trying for was Peyton and the team did try for him.

  19. #159
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Lol what a joke. Every single person on this board wanted Nnamdi and at the time there was an arguement over who the top CB in the game was: Revis or Nnamdi. 32 out of 32 NFL teams would have taken Nnamdi over Cro at the time.

    Please don't act like you saw Cromartie going from above-average to top 3 CB in the game. But you can most certainly credit Rex and his staff for part of Cro's vast improvement.
    Thank you for speaking for all of us.

    Some of us actually were satisfied with Cromartie and wished that Tannenbaum would have spent his time more wisely, like possibly re-signing Brad Smith (which may have made the subsequent Tebow deal moot), re-signing Braylon Edwards, looking for a solid RT, etc. Instead, he went after an expensive toy for Rex Ryan and neglected other players, areas and needs. Then he wound up giving Cromartie more money than he would have had to give him had he signed him sooner because Cro's agent knew he had Tannenbaum over a barrel.

  20. #160
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Thank you for speaking for all of us.

    Some of us actually were satisfied with Cromartie and wished that Tannenbaum would have spent his time more wisely, like possibly re-signing Brad Smith (which may have made the subsequent Tebow deal moot), re-signing Braylon Edwards, looking for a solid RT, etc. Instead, he went after an expensive toy for Rex Ryan and neglected other players, areas and needs. Then he wound up giving Cromartie more money than he would have had to give him had he signed him sooner because Cro's agent knew he had Tannenbaum over a barrel.
    QFT.

    Poor planning and decision making. And the lockout is not an excuse bc other teams had tentative deals in place with players and we're leaking them before the lockout was over.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us