Thread: OK ..so we were doomed right from the start..

All League

OK ..so we were doomed right from the start..

So from the day we signed Tebow and Sparano...we were doomed, does that mean players get a pass?...Its kind of hard to believe anyone would have succeed in this system (joke)..

I would rather see a complete change in the offensive coaching staff, from qb coach to play calling, along with a gm that knows how to evaluate talent and not just a bean counter..

I guess I am talking about Mark does he deserve a pass?...I for one think he will be in Cortland competing for a starting roll...

I give the players a pass--if in fact they gave it their all and just didn't have the talent to acheive. Remember, between the Bean Counter and the Mouth, you have the two most incompetent evaluators of talent in the NFL.

Over the coming months it will come out, again just how dysfunctional this organization was. I tell you guys it is a real embarassing time for us. Record not withstanding, what they did to Tim Tebow is sad, embarassing and not very nice. How they have handled Mark Sanchez has been a flat out disgrace as well, the player himself not totally immuned to blame as well, he has played like a sub rookie.

As soon as I heard the pre season line of BS I knew this was 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 AT BEST. I wish it were different but Rex has to go as does Tannenbaum and the entire coaching staff. They did a putrid job and carried on like they had abbsolutely no idea what the heck they were doing. They must if not only for the fact theat they traded a 4th round pick for a QB controversey and told us all (touchdown-less) Summer that they were reinventing offense and the option/wild cat, but they came across all season as dysfunctional and clueless.

We did get hit hard by injuries this season, but every team does. That's no excuse for piss poor drafting and bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Over the coming months it will come out, again just how dysfunctional this organization was. I tell you guys it is a real embarassing time for us. Record not withstanding, what they did to Tim Tebow is sad, embarassing and not very nice. How they have handled Mark Sanchez has been a flat out disgrace as well, the player himself not totally immuned to blame as well, he has played like a sub rookie.

As soon as I heard the pre season line of BS I knew this was 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 AT BEST. I wish it were different but Rex has to go as does Tannenbaum and the entire coaching staff. They did a putrid job and carried on like they had abbsolutely no idea what the heck they were doing. They must if not only for the fact theat they traded a 4th round pick for a QB controversey and told us all (touchdown-less) Summer that they were reinventing offense and the option/wild cat, but they came across all season as dysfunctional and clueless.

We did get hit hard by injuries this season, but every team does. That's no excuse for piss poor drafting and bad contracts.
    I dont mean to vent on you but this is complete bull****. Tim Tebow was number 2 all year so that the Jets could use him in wildcat packages. They never expected to have to bench Sanchez and continued to keep him as number 2 in an effort to treat him fine. He came on board and they realized that he has no future as an NFL QB unless you rebuild an entire offense around a Wing T philosophy. The coaching staff has never put him down in public but when push came to shove at year end and Sanchez **** the bed, they had to try something else. They prefer to see if they "might" have anything in McElroy as opposed to putting someone in who they have zero intention of moving forward with. This is a business and this was the best thing to do going forward. Cry me a ****ing river Tim, you just are not good enough to play QB. All the Tebowites need to realize that as opposed to reaming the organization. They made one mistake in ever trading for the guy!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I dont mean to vent on you but this is complete bull****. Tim Tebow was number 2 all year so that the Jets could use him in wildcat packages. They never expected to have to bench Sanchez and continued to keep him as number 2 in an effort to treat him fine. He came on board and they realized that he has no future as an NFL QB unless you rebuild an entire offense around a Wing T philosophy. The coaching staff has never put him down in public but when push came to shove at year end and Sanchez **** the bed, they had to try something else. They prefer to see if they "might" have anything in McElroy as opposed to putting someone in who they have zero intention of moving forward with. This is a business and this was the best thing to do going forward. Cry me a ****ing river Tim, you just are not good enough to play QB. All the Tebowites need to realize that as opposed to reaming the organization. They made one mistake in ever trading for the guy!!!!
    I agree I would just love to see somebody step up and give us the fans a reason why Tebow was even a thought let alone signed...This yr was the worse coached team I have ever seen fielded by a NY Jets organization..