Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dustin keller unsure of jets will re-sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Keller is a good receiving tight end IF HEALTHY. The two biggest reasons why Sanchez flopped this season besides the Tebow circus were losing Ladainian Tomlinson and Dustin Keller ( guy barely played this year).

Sanchez, like any other qb, needs a safety valve. That means having a RB and TE who can catch and run in the flats. Anyone think I'm full of it? Watch Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do it every game.
    What a load of tripe. Tebow had ZERO to do with Sanchez's performance. He simply sucks donkey balls and Keller and LT and no Tebow would have made little difference to his truck load of unforced turnovers, horrible decisions, lack of vision and general innaccuracy.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller is clearly an above average pass catching TE. The only reason that goes unnoticed is because he plays on a bad offense. He's better than guys like Jermichael Finley. As a matter of fact, if he were to go to a team like the Packers (assuming that he remains relatively healthy) would put up serious numbers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What a load of tripe. Tebow had ZERO to do with Sanchez's performance. He simply sucks donkey balls and Keller and LT and no Tebow would have made little difference to his truck load of unforced turnovers, horrible decisions, lack of vision and general innaccuracy.
    I can't see how Tebow can be blamed for Sanchez performance. If Tebow was
    practicing great and putting pressure on him and the locker room was getting split behind one or the other, you could say that the Sanchez folded because of the pressure. But according to every thing fans hear, Tebow practiced poorly and the team was squarely behind mark being the starter. It is very apparent on how little Tebow was used that hey did not spend a lot of practice time with Tebow behind center with the 1s.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    and there's the catch

"Assuming he remains relatively healthy"

Catch 81

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post

Looks like a solid player to me.. But maybe you guys don't remember the TE's prior to drafting Keller ..

He won't commend big money especially coming off a injury plagued season. I hope they resign him .. We still haven't replaced blocking TE in hartstock but I'm suppose to believe we can replace Keller..
    Becht was a good TE too. Didn't have Kellers ability to break loose but was a much better blocker.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and there's the catch

"Assuming he remains relatively healthy"

Catch 81

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Despite his injury woes this year, he didn't miss a game in his previous 4 seasons. This season might just be an anomaly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd let him walk unless he really comes back at next to nothing.

The guy just doesn't offer a ton receiving. He has a garbage catching radius, his athleticism in the short area is garbage, and he does nothing after the catch. He has good straight line speed, and has developed into a solid blocker but that's it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im all for improving this team if we had unlimited money.

keller knows the system and up until this season was a decent te we already have cumberland i say if the price is right sign him.

we have many other glaring needs that need to be addressed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Keller is a good receiving tight end IF HEALTHY. The two biggest reasons why Sanchez flopped this season besides the Tebow circus were losing Ladainian Tomlinson and Dustin Keller ( guy barely played this year).

Sanchez, like any other qb, needs a safety valve. That means having a RB and TE who can catch and run in the flats. Anyone think I'm full of it? Watch Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do it every game.
    Agree. Given some weapons Sanchez can make plays. How do I know? I/we've seen him do it before. If he flops next year, cut his azz.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't overpay Keller- he's spent 3/4 of this season on the sidelines with a supposed injury that hardly anybody saw. Considering Sanchez may not be the starter next year, that's another reason to let him walk- same with a certain WR I will not name that everybody else on this board is enamored with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Don't overpay Keller- he's spent 3/4 of this season on the sidelines with a supposed injury that hardly anybody saw. Considering Sanchez may not be the starter next year, that's another reason to let him walk- same with a certain WR I will not name that everybody else on this board is enamored with.
    I agree with Keller but not with Braylon. Braylon wants to be a Jet with whoever is QB. Last I looked Sanchez will be here next year

Keller should be signed only if he is reasonably priced and we don't blowup the team. He gets open and is a good safety valve when healthy. He is also very fast. Trouble with him is he is inconsistant and has poor games when we need him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Keller doesn't come back, I wouldn't mind signing Fred Davis or Jared Cook