Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: dustin keller unsure of jets will re-sign him.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    dustin keller unsure of jets will re-sign him.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._river_default

    i say sign him if the price is right.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._river_default

    i say sign him if the price is right.
    Another blown 1st Rd. pick....guy is 1/2 a player, and that's when he's at his best.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign him if the price is right, but I don't think it will be. His reputation seems to be better than he actually is. He's just a barely above-average receiving TE, and a poor blocker. He shouldn't get top 10 TE money, but probably will.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    dustin dont let the door hit you on the way out-you played in about half of the games this year with little impact-you are not gronk or hernandez talent wise either and it is not close-your back up was just as effective if not more so

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Keller is willing to come back for around 3 mil a year I'd have no problem with bringing him back. Honestly I don't think he is worth more then that on the market right now. He is an average TE when healthy but has struggled all year to stay healthy.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT now if Sanchez stays he has another new target!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overrated piece of dogsh!t. Let him go do nothing somewhere else.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If Keller is willing to come back for around 3 mil a year I'd have no problem with bringing him back. Honestly I don't think he is worth more then that on the market right now. He is an average TE when healthy but has struggled all year to stay healthy.
    Agreed, but some GM that has some cap money to spend may give him ridiculous money. He ain't worth it IMHO.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bye.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,506
    Post Thanks / Like


    Looks like a solid player to me.. But maybe you guys don't remember the TE's prior to drafting Keller ..

    He won't commend big money especially coming off a injury plagued season. I hope they resign him .. We still haven't replaced blocking TE in hartstock but I'm suppose to believe we can replace Keller..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller is soft and he disappears against good teams. And his stats should be much better for a player that has been targeted as much as he has.

    Just saw a nice TE from Cincinnati in a bowl game.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the back stabber, saboteur walk, he's a POS and don't want him on this team. Ship him and Sanchez together since they have a lovefest.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller seems about average for a starting TE but I don't see any upside at this point . Unfortunately at 6-2 he doesn't have the height to be dominant. The Jets need to do better but they might not be able to. A nice 6-6 monster at TE is a must nowadays. Keeping Keller and drafting that 6-6 player would really help this Jet team but only Belicheck is that smart right now.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice grammar, GMC.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another position the Jets have ignored in recent drafts. Keller is no great shakes, he might be much better with a half assed QB though.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 yr $2 mil deal.


    Nobody's paying Keller after this turd of a injury plagued season he dropped in the toilet. Let him earn his contract while wearing green.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Nice grammar, GMC.
    Bastard! You beat me to it.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Keller seems about average for a starting TE but I don't see any upside at this point . Unfortunately at 6-2 he doesn't have the height to be dominant. The Jets need to do better but they might not be able to. A nice 6-6 monster at TE is a must nowadays. Keeping Keller and drafting that 6-6 player would really help this Jet team but only Belicheck is that smart right now.
    Keller is a good receiving tight end IF HEALTHY. The two biggest reasons why Sanchez flopped this season besides the Tebow circus were losing Ladainian Tomlinson and Dustin Keller ( guy barely played this year).



    Sanchez, like any other qb, needs a safety valve. That means having a RB and TE who can catch and run in the flats. Anyone think I'm full of it? Watch Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do it every game.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Keller is a good receiving tight end IF HEALTHY. The two biggest reasons why Sanchez flopped this season besides the Tebow circus were losing Ladainian Tomlinson and Dustin Keller ( guy barely played this year).



    Sanchez, like any other qb, needs a safety valve. That means having a RB and TE who can catch and run in the flats. Anyone think I'm full of it? Watch Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do it every game.
    + 1

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Let the back stabber, saboteur walk, he's a POS and don't want him on this team. Ship him and Sanchez together since they have a lovefest.
    saboteur? you mean how tebow intentionally let rushers through to block punts so that the offense would fail? don't worry. he'll be off the team in 4 days

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us