View Poll Results: How will you handle season tickets for 2013?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upper Decker Renewing

3 11.54%
  • Upper Decker Dropping

1 3.85%
  • Upper Decker Undecided

1 3.85%
  • PSL Holder Renewing

12 46.15%
  • PSL Holder going to try to default/sell PSLs on open market

4 15.38%
  • Not a season ticketholder and will keep it that way

5 19.23%
  • Not a season ticketholder and may look to buy this season thru Jets

0 0%
  • Not a season ticketholder and will see what's available as a re-sale

0 0%

Thread: 2013 Season Tickets Renewals/ Drops/Defaults

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Season Tickets Renewals/ Drops/Defaults

I know we have many threads about the stadium but figured I'd just do one as a sample. Keep in mind this is probably 1% of the season ticketholder population. Please let's not make this a pissing war.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me personally I got upgraded to seats I enjoyed this past season. I think they are overpriced but I want to go every week and don't want to stubhub it every game and I like where I sit and the people who sit around me.

Only way I drop is if prices are raised which I don't see happening or if we sign Vick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a season ticket holder since 1978. I will renew my PSL account.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    need a psl holder undecided choice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upper Decker probably dropping. Been an upper deck STH since 2008, and I enjoy going to games, even in an off year, but I can't justify it anymore. Not when it's so easy to just get tix on secondary market.

I also don't have one consistent person I go with, it's a hassle to find someone for each game, especially in a year like this. And as someone in my early 30s, a lot of my friends I used to go with now have kids, harder for them to commit to spend money and at least 6 hours away from their family to watch a bad team.

And this year for various reasons I couldn't go to three games. The 49ers game I was able to get a little bit above face, but got almost nothing for Mon. night against Texans, and Thanksgiving vs. Pats.

I'll probably still go to about half the games hopefully, but won't be losing money on games I can't go to (and preseason), or begging people to come with me because I don't want to waste tickets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Upper Decker probably dropping. Been an upper deck STH since 2008, and I enjoy going to games, even in an off year, but I can't justify it anymore. Not when it's so easy to just get tix on secondary market.

I also don't have one consistent person I go with, it's a hassle to find someone for each game, especially in a year like this. And as someone in my early 30s, a lot of my friends I used to go with now have kids, harder for them to commit to spend money and at least 6 hours away from their family to watch a bad team.

And this year for various reasons I couldn't go to three games. The 49ers game I was able to get a little bit above face, but got almost nothing for Mon. night against Texans, and Thanksgiving vs. Pats.

I'll probably still go to about half the games hopefully, but won't be losing money on games I can't go to (and preseason), or begging people to come with me because I don't want to waste tickets.
    I feel your pain on the wasting tickets part. I'm 32 but I'm lucky I'm still single no kids and my dad and sister each have a ticket with me. If I was on my own I might feel differently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I've been a season ticket holder since 1978. I will renew my PSL account.
    +1

Although the phrase, "thank you sir, may I have another" feels REALLY appropriate here.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an upper decker who will renew . If enough people bail, I will be able to upgrade my seats . I'm currently at the 25 yard line but in row 22 . since i spent all my time in the old stadium behind the end zone , this is an upgrade .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    PSL holder who is likely to default or sell on the open market.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course I"m renewing. I waited years on both the Jets and the Giants waiting lists and never got offered anything worthwhile.

Now we are 4th row behind the Jets bench and we have an awesome time every game. Not to mention the tailgates. The tailspin can't last forever. I can't imagine the mentality that would give up such a great way to spend 8 Sundays a year for life just because it wasn't a great (and 9/7 isn't anywhere near the bottom of the pile) year.

Do you really think Woody will notice your protest? Your seats will be snapped up in a heartbeat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Of course I"m renewing. I waited years on both the Jets and the Giants waiting lists and never got offered anything worthwhile.

Now we are 4th row behind the Jets bench and we have an awesome time every game. Not to mention the tailgates. The tailspin can't last forever. I can't imagine the mentality that would give up such a great way to spend 8 Sundays a year for life just because it wasn't a great (and 9/7 isn't anywhere near the bottom of the pile) year.

Do you really think Woody will notice your protest? Your seats will be snapped up in a heartbeat.
    It has nothing to do with one season. Talk to me in 15 years and your mindset will be changed. I guarantee it.