Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Inventory: Awesome Xmas Gifts

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking Inventory: Awesome Xmas Gifts

So, anyone get anything they REALLY wanted or BLOWN AWAY by getting a great gift?

I was pleasantly surprised with a Grey Fox Fur Trooper hat, warm and furry. Sox and Undies were the rest

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas everyone. I got the Wii U for my kid. Im pumped to check it out when he comes over later.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets calendar, Jets bag clips for chips and pretzels and all that good stuff, a Rangers hoodie, "Ted" and "The Dark Knight Rises" on DVD and $500. I'm pleased.

The only bad thing was the Jets calendar. Eric Smith is Mr. December? Lol. I think half the guys on the calendar won't be on the team next year, including Marcus Dixon, -- what a choice!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to the devils/Rangers minor league game recently wearing my kreider jersey for the first time.. He was suspended for something so he was there to sign it.. Thus I put it in a frame and gave it to pops. Wore the damn thing once.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone. I got the Wii U for my kid. Im pumped to check it out when he comes over later.
    Sounds like it aint just "for the kid".

Like...I got my wife a new table saw.

Merry to all!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was hoping someone would take my numerous hints and get me a Kindle Fire or Google Tablet....no such luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did not do a gift thing this year. We have an 18 and 21 year old. We decided to go to Mexico instead. Sitting on the balcony right now overlooking the ocean with a soft breeze and 80 degrees. We leave on Thursday. Have had a blast and it is a trip the kids will always remember. Staying at the Grand Princess something or other. Going to downtown today for Christmas lunch and site seeing. My son keeps referencing some movie "savages" and telling me it's "sketchy" in there. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Later

P.S. f da Jets. Man do we suck or what.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    We did not do a gift thing this year. We have an 18 and 21 year old. We decided to go to Mexico instead. Sitting on the balcony right now overlooking the ocean with a soft breeze and 80 degrees. We leave on Thursday. Have had a blast and it is a trip the kids will always remember. Staying at the Grand Princess something or other. Going to downtown today for Christmas lunch and site seeing. My son keeps referencing some movie "savages" and telling me it's "sketchy" in there. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Later

P.S. f da Jets. Man do we suck or what.

Feliz Navidad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Was hoping someone would take my numerous hints and get me a Kindle Fire or Google Tablet....no such luck.
    I got the Nexus 10. Love it. Treat yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I got a Wii U for my daughter too. I'm getting ready to hook it up and test it out for her.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I got the Nexus 10. Love it. Treat yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just got a Nest Thermostat for the house, kinda cool little device

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 5 year old and I asked him what his favorite present was and he said "All of them!"

He's been having a blast playing all morning.

My older son is in college. He got chocolate, a sweater and every college kids favorite gift... Cash.

The wife and I aren't big into getting gifts. If we want something, we buy it. But she is a huge mets fan and went to Santana's no hitter. So I got the Newsday cover and her ticket framed with Mets blue matting and orange trim. She was pretty psyched.

For Christmas, my present was seeing the Stones at Barclays and the two shows at Prudential.

Heading up to my brother's house in Connecticut today.

Definitely a great Christmas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gots this

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Amazing phone. Once hockey lockout ends, I am going to enjoy watching the Islanders play on this phone.

I'm also a computer programmer, so the device could lead to some interesting hobby experiments. For hobby, I'm currently working on copying the functionality in Spherical Easel, a non-Euclidean geometry teaching tool for middle school math teachers, to a HTML web app, so that even people who don't have Java installed (Mac users, etc.) can use it.

Also got a Vitamix blender, and a Polo Ralph Lauren shirt tie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    We have a 5 year old and I asked him what his favorite present was and he said "All of them!"

He's been having a blast playing all morning.

My older son is in college. He got chocolate, a sweater and every college kids favorite gift... Cash.

The wife and I aren't big into getting gifts. If we want something, we buy it. But she is a huge mets fan and went to Santana's no hitter. So I got the Newsday cover and her ticket framed with Mets blue matting and orange trim. She was pretty psyched.

For Christmas, my present was seeing the Stones at Barclays and the two shows at Prudential.

Heading up to my brother's house in Connecticut today.

Definitely a great Christmas.
    Sounds great!

Got some winter cycling gear, much-needed additions to the winter wardrobe and scotch. It's been a year of extremes for me, so I am happy to be ending (mostly) on a high note and looking forward to 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    First Christmas in a decade that I haven't gotten ANYTHING Jets related...not a jersey, a hat, a beer mug, or even a Jets sticker. And I LOVED it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    first of all merry xmas to all and many blessings to all of you for the new year coming up{ eff' you mayans }....

got a titanium drill bit set from dewalt from the in-laws, 100 bucks from customers, and rear shock absorbers for my jeep... decent christmas i guess...

im just grateful i was able to afford another memorable moment together with my little girls

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    First Christmas in a decade that I haven't gotten ANYTHING Jets related...not a jersey, a hat, a beer mug, or even a Jets sticker. And I LOVED it.
    this is called an epiphany right???
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got coal in my stocking and that's all. I've been naughty, not nice.