Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta report is false

All League

Manish Mehta report is false

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/...reportocalypse

Someone should be fired for this no?

Haha. No surprise from Mehta.

why is there always so much drama? remember when herm was released to go to kc? herm insisted he still wanted to be head coach of the jets. same thing when they launched schitty. or how about when kotite fired himself?

if mehta is wring he needs to be run out of ny as a reporter.

Manish knows the money is in TV, not newspaper. And he knows he's got a golden opportunity covering boisterous Rex and the Jets for the NY Daily News. Get some good stories and juice -- whether real or not -- and he might get a sniff from a network looking to add someone with "insiders"

All League
    Not that I am saying it isn't false but that entire article is just based on Rex stating it is false. Just because Rex denies it doesn't mean it isn't true.

There is no hard proof which shows it to be false, even though I believe it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Is it false or did he not report Rex's denial? There is a difference.

If Pettine did say that to him than he has a right to go with the story even if I think it is in poor taste. But to not publish Rex's denial of the claims is malpractice IMO and just proves that Mehta is a bottom feeding scumbag.

Practice Squad
    Manish definitely seems like a POS, but Rex really needs to take a page from BB, if he sticks around next yr, and either not respond or leave it short and sweet and say "this is untrue" and leave it at that.

You cannot engage every single story written because it only opens the flood gates for more nonsense and creates the "where there's smoke" BS.

I respect what he said, but he should just let the media spew their nonsense, instead of continuing to enable them.

Mehta will be on Daily News live @5

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Not that I am saying it isn't false but that entire article is just based on Rex stating it is false. Just because Rex denies it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Yes, and Rex ALWAYS tells the truth. I believe the story is true.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    At some point a persons character comes to question. And if I had to choose someones character between Rex and Mehta then it's going to be Rex without question. The motto for journalist is to sell newspapers truth or not. That couples with the way Rex responded tells me that Mehta went fishing and came up with this story.

Ask yourself this; if Woody Johnson was to say fire Rex because Rex wanted his GM or final say on personal decisions where would Rex go for the next two years? What team would want Rex when his flaws of managing a complete team is in question. Sure he's probably the best DC in the league but as a HC this season has shown his flaws of learning on the job. What team would hire him tomorrow outside of maybe the Jags?

I don't believe this story at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Mehta loses a lot of credibility for not being at the presser.

Regardless of the veracity of his story, this guy should not be allowed on the premises. Come to think of it, I hope that is the reason he wasn't there. Maybe the Jets finally woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Regardless of the veracity of his story, this guy should not be allowed on the premises. Come to think of it, I hope that is the reason he wasn't there. Maybe the Jets finally woke up.
    +1

Very strange, not only did he not show up, Seth Walder posted the follow-up story on Manish's blog with Rex's denial of the report. STill, Manish seems to be tweeting away during the day. I don't think I read a story all year from Manish that didn't have "unnamed sources." This guy has been slippery since the moment he started covering the beat. Went off on Jake Steinberg from the Jets Blog for no real reason earlier in the year. The real question is whether the NY Daily News realizes it has a journalistic integrity issue on its hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    What is Daily News live @5 ?

tv show? webcast? radio spot?

Edit: nevermind. A show on SNY. Google is my friend. lol
    Last edited by GandWFan; 12-28-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

It is on SNY.

No need to watch. You already know what he is going to say. He will defend his source.

BTW the Daily News released a statement saying that Rex declined to comment to the reporter. Rex said he denied the rumor.

It is on SNY.

No need to watch. You already know what he is going to say. He will defend his source.

BTW the Daily News released a statement saying that Rex declined to comment to the reporter. Rex said he denied the rumor.
    Yes. Thanks! See my edit... lol

All Pro
    Manish always on some bull****

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

Edit: nevermind. A show on SNY. Google is my friend. lol
    site says a replay at 11pm

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Haha. No surprise from Mehta.
    Seriously. If the jacka$$ doesn't even have the stones to show up at the press conference it tells you what kind of POS he is. Go get 'em Rex!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post

Show me the proof it is true. You don't attack a man's character like that without "named" sources and proof while you are saying it and you have the balls to show up at the press conference for the sh!tstorm you created.