Here's Kris Jenkins predictions:

- Tannenbaum - Gone
    - Rex - Stays (Probably)
    - Sanchez - Gone (Traded)
    - Sparano - Gone
    - Landry - Stays (They'll find a way)
    - Keller - Stays
    - Bell - Considering retirement
    - Greene - Gone (too slow to hit the holes)

Also said Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for short $$$ which will allow us to get our cap in order.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-27-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added more info.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds plausible, except for the Sanchez part. He'll be the starter next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see no way the jets can trade sanchez. Good on them if they find a way but I do not think it will happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Here's Kris Jenkins predictions:

- Tannenbaum - Gone
    - Rex - Stays (Probably)
    - Sanchez - Gone (Traded)
    - Sparano - Gone
    - Landry - Stays (They'll find a way)
    - Keller - Stays
    - Bell - Considering retirement
    - Greene - Gone (too slow to hit the holes)

Also said Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for short $$$ which will allow us to get our cap in order.
    I like how Jenk just tells things like they are. I also believe this is probably a rather accurate summation.

This would be what is best for the team IMO.

The only thing I don't like is Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB. We just rid of the measles. Why go right into getting the mumps? Both Fitz and Sanchez suck and they should never be allowed to QB another game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    carlson palmer got torn up last game. the raiders are dumb enough to deal for mark sanchez this off season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody should tell Tanny that if he wants to stay with the organization he has to get Sanchez traded.

No to Fitz.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we unload sanchez tebow and mcelroy that would be amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW,

John Clayton had a piece for the top 5 landing spots for Flynn and the Jets were #1 aquiring him via a trade that had Sanchez going to Seattle.

We could probably pull off something like that where it might cost a mid level draft pick and for the Jets to eat up some cap space.

I would LOVE that scenario more than Fitz but at this point I would take Fitz over Sanchez without hesitation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    FWIW,

John Clayton had a piece for the top 5 landing spots for Flynn and the Jets were #1 aquiring him via a trade that had Sanchez going to Seattle.

We could probably pull off something like that where it might cost a mid level draft pick and for the Jets to eat up some cap space.

I would LOVE that scenario more than Fitz but at this point I would take Fitz over Sanchez without hesitation.
    this would be a perfect scenario and the best jets news in years. flynn could help this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenkins know jack sh*t....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I see no way the jets can trade sanchez. Good on them if they find a way but I do not think it will happen.
    Just like the folks on this site, there'll be some teams that will think a change of scenery will do him some good. Also some will feel the Jets never gave him much of an offense to work with. Hopefully we get a nice surprise and get a decent pick for him. Maybe I'm dreaming, but at 3rd would be nice.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-27-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I like how Jenk just tells things like they are. I also believe this is probably a rather accurate summation.

This would be what is best for the team IMO.

The only thing I don't like is Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB. We just rid of the measles. Why go right into getting the mumps? Both Fitz and Sanchez suck and they should never be allowed to QB another game.
    I imagine we would draft a QB to develop as well. I would be OK, with that, it could be worse (e.g. Brady Quinn).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Well then please enlighten us with your brilliance, instead of making inane comments.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW,

That right there pretty much assures me that it won't happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW,

I dunno, Flynn started 2 games and gets beat out by a rookie. If anything it gets rid of Sanchez but why would Seattle take him when they want to dump Flynn's contract?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I dunno, Flynn started 2 games and gets beat out by a rookie. If anything it gets rid of Sanchez but why would Seattle take him when they want to dump Flynn's contract?
    Pete Carroll?

Regardless, I don't put much credence into anything John Clayton says.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    /thread

Apparently, Jenkins brain is in his knees, and he's been concussed for years since he retired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fitz is the same sh*t as Sanchez. Might as well just keep Sanchez and get him a decent OC for the first time in his career, a better O-line and a RB who catch the ball out of the backfield.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's Kris' view on trading two picks for a NT who played one full season in three years?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    carlson palmer got torn up last game. the raiders are dumb enough to deal for mark sanchez this off season.
    You forget Al died last year?

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Kinda my thoughts.... The whole teams stats look almost IDENTICAL from going from Rodgers to Flynn.... Not to mention Graham Harrell is their backup this year (system quarterbacks anyone?)