Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kris Jenkins' view

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I don't remember exactly but how starts did Schaub have before the trade to Houston? Plus getting beat out by A rookie isn't bad when you look at how great Russell Wilson has played. The prospects coming out of Wisconsin seem to make the jump to the NFL rather seamlessly.

I am not sure how the cap would affect either team but if the Bulk of Sanchez's contract hit the Jets and Seattle could extend MS to an incentive-laden deal then it would help their cap situation by us taking on Flynn's deal.

I think Flynn would be light years better than what we have endured on offense, specially if we could get some competent coaches.

I would draft someone like Wilson, Nassin, or Murray for insurance.
    Right, but how many AJ Feely's per each Matt Schaub are there? I mean I get trading Sanchez for Flynn and am all for it, but I think we have to have a solid backup plan as well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Right, but how many AJ Feely's per each Matt Schaub are there? I mean I get trading Sanchez for Flynn and am all for it, but I think we have to have a solid backup plan as well.
    I agree 100%. Even after getting Flynn, I would be drafting a guy with one of our first two picks to develop. We are not going to win anything until we get this position solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I agree 100%. Even after getting Flynn, I would be drafting a guy with one of our first two picks to develop. We are not going to win anything until we get this position solidified.
    Agreed. Flynn, Sanchez, if it costs the same it doesn't matter. Sunk costs. Maybe Flynn is good. We know Sanchez stinks.

Draft a QB in the first. With the new CBA, the costs are pretty much fixed. You are going to spend x dollars on your draft. You are already spending the money, so just draft QBs until you find "the guy". Then you are set for 15 years. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I see no way the jets can trade sanchez. Good on them if they find a way but I do not think it will happen.
    You could trade Sanchez for a 5th or 6th rounder if you agreed to cover about $4MM of his 2013 salary. He'd be a backup that could push for the starting job somewhere like Arizona, Oakland or Kansas City and paying $4MM to a "competent" backup is within most teams' budgets (see Chad Henne).

God that show sucks without Lucas. Jenkins is an a-hole. I hope we trade him and replace T. Richardson.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wish Limolady was here to tell us the "inside scoop" on Braylon Edwards again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    With a relatively weak draft class of QBs coming up why wouldn't you want Flynn? He has shown some talent and a rookie/draft QB would also be starting over with a new (pro) playbook and offense.

Rex isn't going to get an RGIII or Luck anytime soon...if he stubbornly sticks with the ground/pound in a passing league that's on him not on whatever QB comes in.
    \

Where did Flynn rank in his draft year? He certainly wasn't a bluechip prospect, I'm an LSU fan and I can assure you he wasn't in conversations with QB's like the Luck's or RGIII's of his draft class, in fact he was chosen in the 7th rd. Drafting a mid rd QB is the equivalent of taking Flynn only at a much cheaper price. If your going to go with an unproven because that's what Flynn is , why not start with a QB you select.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    \

Where did Flynn rank in his draft year? He certainly wasn't a bluechip prospect, I'm an LSU fan and I can assure you he wasn't in conversations with QB's like the Luck's or RGIII's of his draft class, in fact he was chosen in the 7th rd. Drafting a mid rd QB is the equivalent of taking Flynn only at a much cheaper price. If your going to go with an unproven because that's what Flynn is , why not start with a QB you select.
    I wouldn't put that much stock in what round a QB was drafted...the whole Ryan Leif/ Tim Couch/ Jemarcus Russell/Tom Brady thing... Its apples and oranges but still true that Miami passed over F/A Brees for a "proven" F/A Culpepper. Not inferring Flynn is or will be elite but he has shown some game talent. Granted that his NFL experience is not enough to declare that Flynn will be great but it's also not enough to declare that he won't be.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 12-28-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The Jets get fixed on one player and overpay most of the time. NE does just the opposite. The have many options and don't put any player on a pedestal.
    Exactly right. This changed temporarily when Parcells and Bellicheck were here. Those guys knew that the draft is basically a crap shoot and that only a portion of the player even in the first round make an impact, so they go for numbers to improve their percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Here's Kris Jenkins predictions:

- Tannenbaum - Gone
    - Rex - Stays (Probably)
    - Sanchez - Gone (Traded)
    - Sparano - Gone
    - Landry - Stays (They'll find a way)
    - Keller - Stays
    - Bell - Considering retirement
    - Greene - Gone (too slow to hit the holes)

Also said Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for short $$$ which will allow us to get our cap in order.
    Aside from Keller, I'm on board for this. Just realize that the GM that comes in will be a nobody so you better hope it's a diamond in the rough, or else they'll be gone alongside Rex in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Here's Kris Jenkins predictions:

- Tannenbaum - Gone
    - Rex - Stays (Probably)
    - Sanchez - Gone (Traded)
    - Sparano - Gone
    - Landry - Stays (They'll find a way)
    - Keller - Stays
    - Bell - Considering retirement
    - Greene - Gone (too slow to hit the holes)

Also said Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for short $$$ which will allow us to get our cap in order.
    I think they are all gone,especially if the team goes out and lays another egg against the Bills. Yes it is one meaningless game,however to lose 3 straight games to end the season 2 yrs in a row,does not look well. Also if we lose to Buffalo we are the last place NYJs for a whole off-season. Woody might offer Rex DC job and Tanny a position within org. but both would have a reduced role. Rex will not accept the offer. This allows Woody to get the job done in his passive aggressive way.
    I imagine the comments coming out after Sundays game from the players will be the true end to Rexs HC job. Prediction for the off-season.If we get a new GM, we trade either Mangold , Dbrick,or Harris along with one of our cornerbacks.
    The jets are going to be a fun football team again next year,we will finally get to see what the Sapps,Ellis,Mcknights,etc. of the world can finally do. Look at what Miami did ,they traded their number 1 wide out and number 1 cb. Got rid of their d-cor. that had them top ten in defense (Nolan) and brought in a whole new staff. They have little talent and their best player was hurt most of the yr.(Long),yet they formed a team. Not a perfect team but a core grp. that plays well together.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I wouldn't put that much stock in what round a QB was drafted...the whole Ryan Leif/ Tim Couch/ Jemarcus Russell/Tom Brady thing... Its apples and oranges but still true that Miami passed over F/A Brees for a "proven" F/A Culpepper. Not inferring Flynn is or will be elite but he has shown some game talent. Granted that his NFL experience is not enough to declare that Flynn will be great but it's also not enough to declare that he won't be.
    The thing about Flynn was last off season his OC.went to Miami to be their head coach. This is the guy that saw Flynn in practice everyday and was a major part of his development( Miami really needed a QB) and they low balled a offer to him and allowed his to sign in Seattle. Then once in Seattle he gets beaten out by a rookie . That raises some flags about Flynn.

This guy is a joke. Wasnt Jenkins the same guy who got lazy ballooned up his weight in the offseason and Rex had to put him in some kind of contest to keep his weight down??

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenkins know jack sh*t....
    I agree with C Mart...Jenkins just runs his mouth about the Jets so he can get an SNY job or better...

Jets Insider VIP
    Pretty funny really

The fat tub of goo stole two years salary from the Jets and now he's become Curly to go along with.Mo Lucas and Larry the loser Slimy Schein on unwatchable SNY

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This guy is a joke. Wasnt Jenkins the same guy who got lazy ballooned up his weight in the offseason and Rex had to put him in some kind of contest to keep his weight down??
    So that makes anything he says not credible?

Did you play under Rex Ryan and strap on the helmet on gameday and get in the trenches?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The thing about Flynn was last off season his OC.went to Miami to be their head coach. This is the guy that saw Flynn in practice everyday and was a major part of his development( Miami really needed a QB) and they low balled a offer to him and allowed his to sign in Seattle. Then once in Seattle he gets beaten out by a rookie . That raises some flags about Flynn.
    Hmm...good point.