Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kris Jenkins' view

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I dunno, Flynn started 2 games and gets beat out by a rookie. If anything it gets rid of Sanchez but why would Seattle take him when they want to dump Flynn's contract?
    I don't remember exactly but how starts did Schaub have before the trade to Houston? Plus getting beat out by A rookie isn't bad when you look at how great Russell Wilson has played. The prospects coming out of Wisconsin seem to make the jump to the NFL rather seamlessly.

I am not sure how the cap would affect either team but if the Bulk of Sanchez's contract hit the Jets and Seattle could extend MS to an incentive-laden deal then it would help their cap situation by us taking on Flynn's deal.

I think Flynn would be light years better than what we have endured on offense, specially if we could get some competent coaches.

I would draft someone like Wilson, Nassin, or Murray for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Just like the folks on this site, there'll be some teams that will think a change of scenery will do him some good. Also some will feel the Jets never gave him much of an offense to work with. Hopefully we get a nice surprise and get a decent pick for him. Maybe I'm dreaming, but at 3rd would be nice.
    Other teams see that the guy stinks to high heaven and has for years being massively overrarted his 1st two years. The only way we can make a deal is if the cost is a late round pick and we are on the hook for almost all monies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    FWIW,

John Clayton had a piece for the top 5 landing spots for Flynn and the Jets were #1 aquiring him via a trade that had Sanchez going to Seattle.

We could probably pull off something like that where it might cost a mid level draft pick and for the Jets to eat up some cap space.

I would LOVE that scenario more than Fitz but at this point I would take Fitz over Sanchez without hesitation.
    Wow. That actually makes sense. The Pete Carroll connection with Mark and the fact that both contracts look pretty big and ugly might make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Fitz is the same sh*t as Sanchez.
    That right there pretty much assures me that it won't happen.
    +1 and +1

Jenkins is just a talking head IMO....

There is a small chance Sanchez can be traded however I'm not counting on it and it would be blissful. I think acquiring flynn while drafting qb this year have to be the FO's main priorities at this point in time. The O line is decent enough we just need a RB. On the defensive side of the ball we're all good if Landry is re signed and Bell doesn't retire.

Basically I believe if and only if we're able to acquire a game manager + type QB in the right system a la Alex Smith or possibly Flynn and draft young talent simultaneously at QB and O-line we can be and will remain competitive in future years. We need a strong offensive presence guru type coach with some leaders on O like Tj or Trich or even Lt types.....

I think this is what Jenkins wants, not his predictions.

Well then please enlighten us with your brilliance, instead of making inane comments.
    What's Jenkins view of needing his HC challenging him and DWoody to a weight losing contest so the 2 lazy slobs could get in shape by training camp.

Who says Flynn is any good after 2 games? Russell who no/1 knew would be good beat him out...kudos to Carroll

Since we are all repeating opinions for the umpteenth time I say again: Even if we bring someone in, it will be an open competition next year and Sanchez will end up starting again at some point. I get the impression he looks as good in practice as Tebow is bad.

And if he does fix some of his problems, is that really such a bad thing?

I'm not a Sanchez homer or apologist, just a realist. And I think he is going to look good on Sunday which will complicate things even more. You know Mangold, Slausen, Edwards and Keller will be playing their hearts out for him, and that could make a difference.

OK, I'm hunkered down, fire away.

Just like the folks on this site, there'll be some teams that will think a change of scenery will do him some good. Also some will feel the Jets never gave him much of an offense to work with. Hopefully we get a nice surprise and get a decent pick for him. Maybe I'm dreaming, but at 3rd would be nice.
    A 3rd for Sanchez? Are you kidding? Sanchez is basically Joey Harrington. What team would offer a 3rd for Sanchez rather than picking up Matt Moore or someone of that level?

All League
    Not an expert on NFL trades but wouldn't the team trading for Sanchez have to pay him what the Jets agreed to for next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Not an expert on NFL trades but wouldn't the team trading for Sanchez have to pay him what the Jets agreed to for next year?
    I remember that when Alan Faneca went to the Cards the Jets paid over 5 million of his close to 8 million salary..The Cards paid 2.5 plus a 300K bonus..

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenkins know jack sh*t....
    And your boy Manish knows better

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Was he in, or out of a post knee surgery brace when he made these going out on a limb predictions?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I remember that when Alan Faneca went to the Cards the Jets paid over 5 million of his close to 8 million salary..The Cards paid 2.5 plus a 300K bonus..
    The Jets get fixed on one player and overpay most of the time. NE does just the opposite. The have many options and don't put any player on a pedestal.
    I'd like to see the Jets have more full drafts and get coaches that are capable of developing raw talent.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I don't remember exactly but how starts did Schaub have before the trade to Houston? Plus getting beat out by A rookie isn't bad when you look at how great Russell Wilson has played. The prospects coming out of Wisconsin seem to make the jump to the NFL rather seamlessly.

I am not sure how the cap would affect either team but if the Bulk of Sanchez's contract hit the Jets and Seattle could extend MS to an incentive-laden deal then it would help their cap situation by us taking on Flynn's deal.

I think Flynn would be light years better than what we have endured on offense, specially if we could get some competent coaches.

I would draft someone like Wilson, Nassin, or Murray for insurance.

Based on what ? His 2 game stint in GB. We'd be better off just drafting and starting a rookie QB , because essentially that's what Flynn is. Sure he's been on two pro NFL teams with offenses that look nothing like ours. He would be starting over with a new playbook , new terminology and new recievers. Plus if we get Flynn it all but insures Rex will go back to his ground n pound ways and want to use him as a game manager, so your not going to see the 400+ yards 6 TD GB performances.

Bottom line after this past year its unlikely that any team will want Sanchez w that hefty contract unless we ate it which really defeats the purpose. We are probably stuck with Sanchez battling a rookie and journeyman for the starting QB position next year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Based on what ? His 2 game stint in GB. We'd be better off just drafting and starting a rookie QB , because essentially that's what Flynn is. Sure he's been on two pro NFL teams with offenses that look nothing like ours. He would be starting over with a new playbook , new terminology and new recievers. Plus if we get Flynn it all but insures Rex will go back to his ground n pound ways and want to use him as a game manager, so your not going to see the 400+ yards 6 TD GB performances.

Bottom line after this past year its unlikely that any team will want Sanchez w that hefty contract unless we ate it which really defeats the purpose. We are probably stuck with Sanchez battling a rookie and journeyman for the starting QB position next year.
    With a relatively weak draft class of QBs coming up why wouldn't you want Flynn? He has shown some talent and a rookie/draft QB would also be starting over with a new (pro) playbook and offense.

Rex isn't going to get an RGIII or Luck anytime soon...if he stubbornly sticks with the ground/pound in a passing league that's on him not on whatever QB comes in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

What's Jenkins view of needing his HC challenging him and DWoody to a weight losing contest so the 2 lazy slobs could get in shape by training camp.
    Putting aside what you think of Jenkins personally, his scenario makes sense. It will be very difficult to trade Sanchez, but if the Jets find that there is a certain amount of money of his salary that they can eat, he would be worth a late round pick to someone. If its Seattle in a deal for Flynn, great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some people on this board crack me up.

When they're not busy attacking posters who they disagree with, they're attacking former players (Namath, Woody, Jenkins, etc.) who have opinions as well.

I imagine if Wayne Chrebet chimed in, those same people would accuse him of having brain damage.

Hall Of Fame
    You make a fair point. Jenks and Woody's best years were when Mangini was riding them. Under Rex they were fat, happy and hurt although Woody held up longer under Rex.

But I think Jenks makes some good points. I am not sure what your issue is. Is it that you think he is a hypocrite?

Jets Insider VIP
    Mirror

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2