If we sign Cameron I refuse to watch next season

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    If we sign Cameron I refuse to watch next season
    As what?

If anything he's a better OC candidate than either Schotty or Sparano

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    There is no reason to get rid of Sparano. This guy has been a good coach in this league. Give him a QB and see what he can do.
    You MUST be joking. You mjust have endorsed that clown when he was hired and are now clinging to your originaly beliefs. Did you actually watch the jets this year? also if you are clamouring for a Sparnao to be retained you sure as hell better have been yelling for Shotty to be retained because he had the same crap qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You MUST be joking. You mjust have endorsed that clown when he was hired and are now clinging to your originaly beliefs. Did you actually watch the jets this year? also if you are clamouring for a Sparnao to be retained you sure as hell better have been yelling for Shotty to be retained because he had the same crap qb.
    No, I'm not joking.

It's pretty simple, I think Sanchez is a bad QB and it really doesn't matter who runs the offense. Schotty I disliked primarily because of his play calling, and overwhelming tendencies to call shorter routes. I don't think that works in the NFL.

Sparano I think is good. The offensive line elevated their play significantly and the running game was good despite there being NO reason for any opposing team to worry about the pass.

As clearly as possible, I'm placing the blame at the feet of the QB. Get Sparano and Rex another QB, see if it works. I know Rex gets guys motivated and bad coaches don't get to multiple championship games. I also know that Sparano has gotten guys like Henne and Matt Moore to play over their heads despite everyone knowing they are not good QB's.

Give Sparano another QB and some luck regarding every player not getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As what?

Cameron is garbage... He essentially runs the same system as Schotty and does not know what's going on in front of him. Rice can be having a good game and the running game be there, but instead decides he MUST throw the ball relentlessly. The opposite can also happen where Flacco is throwing strikes but he insists on calling gadget plays or runs the ball.

Overall, continuity is huge in the NFL. The teams that win the super bowl are the teams who have some continuity on the roster and in the coaching staff. Can't be flipping things around every year that adversity hits.

No, I'm not joking.

It's pretty simple, I think Sanchez is a bad QB and it really doesn't matter who runs the offense. Schotty I disliked primarily because of his play calling, and overwhelming tendencies to call shorter routes. I don't think that works in the NFL.

Sparano I think is good. The offensive line elevated their play significantly and the running game was good despite there being NO reason for any opposing team to worry about the pass.

As clearly as possible, I'm placing the blame at the feet of the QB. Get Sparano and Rex another QB, see if it works. I know Rex gets guys motivated and bad coaches don't get to multiple championship games. I also know that Sparano has gotten guys like Henne and Matt Moore to play over their heads despite everyone knowing they are not good QB's.

Give Sparano another QB and some luck regarding every player not getting hurt.
    If you think sparano is capable OC in the league, maybe you can shed some light on to our SD gameplan.

SD came out in press coverage by the CBs and blitzing by the front 7. On our second drive, we promptly ran the longest screen pass of the season - the perfect way to combat blitzers and CBs who are turning to run with receivers. Then, our genius OC, just took the screen play and ripped it out of the playbook...he instead kept letting the QB drop back, look downfield at covered receivers and get killed.

At one point, we ran the 2nd misdirection pass play of the season, which SHOCKER, left hayden smith wide open for a 16 yard gain, because, well misdirection is another way to stop blitz and press coverage. We never ran that play again either.

Sparano has absolutely no idea how to design pass plays or make in game adjustments. He doesnt run misdirections (what the whole league has been doing for years), he has zero experience with zone-read plays or the pistol formation, both of which will be in ever single playbook in the league next year.

He is an Oline coach and nothing more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cameron is garbage... He essentially runs the same system as Schotty and does not know what's going on in front of him. Rice can be having a good game and the running game be there, but instead decides he MUST throw the ball relentlessly. The opposite can also happen where Flacco is throwing strikes but he insists on calling gadget plays or runs the ball.

Overall, continuity is huge in the NFL. The teams that win the super bowl are the teams who have some continuity on the roster and in the coaching staff. Can't be flipping things around every year that adversity hits.
    respectfully disagree

he was a very creative and well respected OC before he got the Miami HC job and even after that debacle he was almost immediately rehired as an OC by another well thought of regime

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    For the expected GM and OC positions. Don't know what to think of Clinkscales, didn't want to lose him last off season, but don't think he is ready for a GM.

I would be fine with Turner and very angry about Cameron.

Also, I know Cimini gets a lot of grief on here, so don't know how serious to take it.
    Cameron fails as a HC and OC and is considered for GM??? Do I have the right guy? Ted Ginn Jr. as a #1 draft pick as a kick returner anyone?

Who is Turner?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Cameron is a f****** nightmare. I'd hate that signing so much. Turner is my ideal guy so I'd much rather have him, as for the GM I'd much rather take someone off of the staff of a team with a solid FO like the packers or the ravens, but wouldn't necessarily mind Clinckscales.
    For everyone crying about the talent and bad drafts of the Jets, this guy has been an integral part of every one of them - including this year's and Vlad.

All Pro
    With all due respect

IT's DICK SEMEN-I

Does anyone remotely think that Mr Johnson or anyone on the Jets is including that turd in the process to replace Tannenbaum or any other of the soon to be fired people.

They'd be letting Fatcessa in the loop before Semen-I

The Jets need a GM in the mold of a Sandy Alderson from the Mets. The success has not been there for the Mets yet, but you can see the young talent he has brought in and he has a PLAN!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Bringing in Clinkscales and keeping Tanny as "cap guy" would be a classic Jet move. It would just add to the dysfunctional, incestual way the Jets run their organization.
    If they wanted to do something like that, why not bring in Mangini as GM?

Jets Insider VIP
    Dick Semen=I must have been fiercely angered and pissed off this morning when Rex opened with his comments that Mehta's shoddy piece in the NY Daily News was complete bullbleep and didn't spend one second discussing Dick's equally bullbleep report on his cable blog about Clinkscales or whatever the f it was about

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If you think sparano is capable OC in the league, maybe you can shed some light on to our SD gameplan.

SD came out in press coverage by the CBs and blitzing by the front 7. On our second drive, we promptly ran the longest screen pass of the season - the perfect way to combat blitzers and CBs who are turning to run with receivers. Then, our genius OC, just took the screen play and ripped it out of the playbook...he instead kept letting the QB drop back, look downfield at covered receivers and get killed.

At one point, we ran the 2nd misdirection pass play of the season, which SHOCKER, left hayden smith wide open for a 16 yard gain, because, well misdirection is another way to stop blitz and press coverage. We never ran that play again either.

Sparano has absolutely no idea how to design pass plays or make in game adjustments. He doesnt run misdirections (what the whole league has been doing for years), he has zero experience with zone-read plays or the pistol formation, both of which will be in ever single playbook in the league next year.

He is an Oline coach and nothing more.
    OLINE coach our pass protection is horrendous can him yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Clinkscales would make sense if Ryan is kept. We're not getting a big name, established GM without firing Ryan. Sorry.

Turner is loved by many, but outside of Dallas with the Big Three, what has he done?

Cam Cameron? Well if it's him or Turner, I'll pick up Turner myself.

I'm interested in seeing if Ken Whisenhunt gets the ax in Arizona.

now theres a name!!!

All Pro
    As what?

No, he's not.

He got run out of Baltimore because he doesn't know what he's doing. He was one of the worst OCs in the league IMO.

He is the guy who would completely eliminate Ray Rice from games -- the team's best weapon -- just totally ignored for large chunks at a time.

Cameron is terrible and got fired for a reason. I'd be very upset and shocked if the Jets hired him.

If Rex is here it will be Turner. He is friends with him and it would be the 1st one of his guys to really make the staff.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Cameron fails as a HC and OC and is considered for GM??? Do I have the right guy? Ted Ginn Jr. as a #1 draft pick as a kick returner anyone?

Who is Turner?
    Cameron and Norv Turner would be OC candidates, not GM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If Rex is here it will be Turner. He is friends with him and it would be the 1st one of his guys to really make the staff.
    Are they friends? I'm not disagreeing, but I got the impression that Norv was offended by some of the things Rex said about him and the chargers.

Friends or not, with the high number of coaching vacancies, Norv will get plenty of offers and since we have one of the worst QB situations in the league, I would be absolutely shocked if Norv CHOSE the Jets over the likes of working with a SB contender in Balt, or perhaps taking a job with a new HC like Zimmer where he will get a multiple year deal.

If Rex isn't dismissed, does anyone really think he is going to get an extension? Meaning he has 2 years left on his current deal so Why would Woody offer an assistant coach a longer deal? Who ever takes our DC, ST, and OC job, they have to realize that there is a possibility that The team under performs in 2013 and the whole staff would be let go.