Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cimini hearing Clinkscales, Turner and Cameron as names

All League

Cimini hearing Clinkscales, Turner and Cameron as names

For the expected GM and OC positions. Don't know what to think of Clinkscales, didn't want to lose him last off season, but don't think he is ready for a GM.

I would be fine with Turner and very angry about Cameron.

Also, I know Cimini gets a lot of grief on here, so don't know how serious to take it.

Pleaseeeeee bring in turner! Would be a great move to pair with Rex.

Cam Cameron would be a ****ing disaster... Which means we'll hire him.

Cameron is a f****** nightmare. I'd hate that signing so much. Turner is my ideal guy so I'd much rather have him, as for the GM I'd much rather take someone off of the staff of a team with a solid FO like the packers or the ravens, but wouldn't necessarily mind Clinckscales.

Wow. Woody has no clue. Recycling Clinkscales? Cam Cameron???? Holy crap what a bunch of loser choices. Choose the head of player personnel from Seattle or someone from the GB or Pittsburgh organizations. Once again it looks like half measures from Woody.

I mean if you hire back Clinkscales isnt that just the same group of people we have already had in Tannenbaum Clinkscales and Bradway. Just shuffling their titles is a moronic way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Pleaseeeeee bring in turner! Would be a great move to pair with Rex.
    what's Turner' s story?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I mentioned clinkscales the other day because if Woody wants to go with someone he knows, it's either him or Scott Cohen.

I don't really know what to think about him - he seems to be highly regarded around the league, but beyond that, all I know is that he ran our draft for a whole number of years. I'm not even sure what his actual role is in Oakland.

For the GM, I think the jets need to go outside of the organization. Most of the scouts/personnel guys have been with the team for quite some time and maybe a new set of eyes is what the team needs.

The more I read about David Caldwell, the Falcons' director of player personnel, the more I like him. He was the head of college scouting for the Falcons for 4 years and before that he spent 10 seasons with the Colts. Two successful places with excellent people to learn from.

What has Clinkscales done to deserve being hired as the final decision maker? He's served in an assistant role here for all the worst decisions. I'm sure he had a voice in the Ghoulston decision. That alone should get him crossed off the list. I wouldn't call that an "outside the box decision". In fact that is about as "in the box" as we can get.

Norv is a no brainer, so I can't give Woody any credit for that. Norv would make sticking with Sanchez bearable.

Cam Cameron? Again, what has he done to deserve the position?

Banned
    Not my favorite choice, but Clinkscales wouldn't be a horrible move.

As bad as Cam Cameron would be, he would actually be a substantial upgrade over Sparano. Norv would be my top choice.

All League
    Step away from ledge.

It's likely that Cimini heard these names as possible interveiwies. It is unlikely that they are Woody's favorites. I think Tannenbaum has trained Woody the art of "due dilligence" and these guys are just possible candidates.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes to Turner. No to everyone else.

All League
    With the outside possibility of Turner (I'm pretty sure it's been all but pointed to that Norv wants no part of the Jets) that would be a disaster scenario

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    With the outside possibility of Turner (I'm pretty sure it's been all but pointed to that Norv wants no part of the Jets) that would be a disaster scenario
    Exactly...and if Rex does stay, why would Norv want to work for Rex? Remember when Rex pissed off Norv last year when he said he would have won a Super Bowl already if he were the HC of the Chargers?

Cimini also mentioned George kokinis as GM possibility. He has some Baltimore ties and did a crappy job as Cleveland GM

As far as who wanted who drafted where, I think Woody knows that. When we are asked to develop a new proposal each teams proposal gets kept. I am sure woody has a copy of the scouting reports and the input from each of his guys.

Who knows, Clinksdales might have been screaming for Mayo over Gholtson, and Mathews and McCoy over Sanchez. Woody goes back and looks and sees who wanted who.

Clinkscales would make sense if Ryan is kept. We're not getting a big name, established GM without firing Ryan. Sorry.

Turner is loved by many, but outside of Dallas with the Big Three, what has he done?

Cam Cameron? Well if it's him or Turner, I'll pick up Turner myself.

I'm interested in seeing if Ken Whisenhunt gets the ax in Arizona.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Cimini also mentioned George kokinis as GM possibility. He has some Baltimore ties and did a crappy job as Cleveland GM
    Yeah Kokinis was the GM when Mangini made the Sanchez trade. Awesome!

Also, nothing against Clinkscales, but the if he is the new GM, then we really haven't done anything.

Since Woody took over the team, Bradway, Tannenbaum, and Clinkscales have pretty much been the big figures in the front office. So for 3 out of the last fours years, these three, along with Rex and Sanchez are pretty much responsible for everything that is right and wrong with this franchise. And if this is correct, barring an unlikely trade of Sanchez, all the key figures are still here employed but in some weird cross training exercise.

OK so taking it a step further, this is telling the fan base and the league, that the only reason that this team sucks is Sporano because he is the only one that won't be here next year- and looks like we may even downgrade that position with Cam.

Wow. Only the Jets.

Clinkscales? Clinkscales!!??

Good Lord, I pray this isn't true. We don't need another lower level GM. Woody, putz, spend the money and bring in a heavy weight who can lead this organization, not another first timer.