Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cimini hearing Clinkscales, Turner and Cameron as names

Jets Insider VIP
    With all due respect

IT's DICK SEMEN-I

Does anyone remotely think that Mr Johnson or anyone on the Jets is including that turd in the process to replace Tannenbaum or any other of the soon to be fired people.

They'd be letting Fatcessa in the loop before Semen-I

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Cam Cameron would be a ****ing disaster... Which means we'll hire him.
    +2. Cameron is a carbon copy of Schitty. Stubborn, plays to the defense's strength because he is always trying to "fool" the opponent, abandons the run when it is working, gives Ray Rice less than 10 carries while calling 50+ passes for Flacco unnecessarily, never learns from his mistakes, poor adjustments at halftime, delay of game penalties because he can't get the play in on time....etc, etc.

I will be livid if they bring in that incompetent turkey.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 12-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Bringing in Clinkscales and keeping Tanny as "cap guy" would be a classic Jet move. It would just add to the dysfunctional, incestual way the Jets run their organization.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Bringing in Clinkscales and keeping Tanny as "cap guy" would be a classic Jet move. It would just add to the dysfunctional, incestual way the Jets run their organization.
    I believe there is an acronym that perfectly describes this.

SOJ

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I believe there is an acronym that perfectly describes this.

SOJ
    True. If there was ever a time when the Jets needed a fresh, new, someone from outside the organization influence in the front office it is now.

Bring back Clinkscales to be GM. He's home grown talent and if we trusted him to evaluate talent for so many years, we should trust him as our GM.

All Pro
    Clinkscale may be good from what I hear. He was obviously frustrated with the way things were being run here, so that's a good sign right there. Maybe all the things he told Woody came true, and Woody is now realizing he should have listened. If anything it shows he has integrity, and motivation. He had an ideas, and did not want to just get paid and keep his mouth shut.

As far as why Norv would want to come here. This is the one place where he would have total control over the offense. We'd basically have an offensive head coach, and a defensive head coach, with a scout running the show...could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Not my favorite choice, but Clinkscales wouldn't be a horrible move.

As bad as Cam Cameron would be, he would actually be a substantial upgrade over Sparano. Norv would be my top choice.
    Cam Cameron OC, keep Sparano as Assistant OC and bring back Paul Hackett as Special Assistant to Sparano....if this is true about Cameron the Jets prove to be beyond a joke.

Jesus!!! Cameron was just FIRED in-season by a play-off team. Could we go OUTSIDE the Jet organization, no more recycle jobs, but most importantly, can we get a real QB????

I've watched opposing D's play the Jets with 8 men in the box for the last 12 CONSECUTIVE years. You get a real QB (not easy to do), everyone looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Clinkscales? Clinkscales!!??

Good Lord, I pray this isn't true. We don't need another lower level GM. Woody, putz, spend the money and bring in a heavy weight who can lead this organization, not another first timer.
    the problem is that no big name GM candidate will even return calls if he knows he will be forced into a shotgun wedding with Rex and be forced to have Sanchez as the flower girl.

All League
    Why would Norv come here? He is probably never going to get another HC job so this is it. If he comes here and fails, which based off of the last decade of Jets OCs, he will, he won't even be able to get a HC job in college.

Go somewhere like Balt where they are a very well run organization, he can repair his reputation rather quickly.

There is no reason to get rid of Sparano. This guy has been a good coach in this league. Give him a QB and see what he can do.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    There is no reason to get rid of Sparano. This guy has been a good coach in this league. Give him a QB and see what he can do.
    Sparano is as good as gone. For a reason. He stinks and should of never been hired.

Dexter Clinksdale was a great player!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sparano is as good as gone. For a reason. He stinks and should of never been hired.
    Outside of Rex getting fired, I think it's a guarantee Sparano stays.

I think the stupid people are having their voice right now and dumb, non-factual, articles are being written in order to make news.

Tanny will lose his job, Sparano will be fine. And Clinkscales will not be brought back.

I would see if Saban was interested and give him complete control. The guy will bring descipline back to the organization and he had his BB Cleveland moment in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I would see if Saban was interested and give him complete control. The guy will bring descipline back to the organization and he had his BB Cleveland moment in Miami.
    Saban is one of the very few guys I'd let Rex go for... Not Cowher, not Gruden, not many other guys. And Saban wasn't good in Miami for the same reason Belichick wasn't good in Cleveland. The ****ing QB. I don't know why people don't understand that the QB position is the primary reason for success and failure nowadays. A good coach and hold a team up to around 8-8 with a trash QB typically, but the good QB is what makes the super bowl difference.

We have a good coach though, just get a QB. Hell, even a top 15 QB Rex would make the playoffs every year with.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 12-28-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I mentioned clinkscales the other day because if Woody wants to go with someone he knows, it's either him or Scott Cohen.

I don't really know what to think about him - he seems to be highly regarded around the league, but beyond that, all I know is that he ran our draft for a whole number of years. I'm not even sure what his actual role is in Oakland.
    If they bring back Clinkscales for GM that might be the last straw for me.

Saban is one of the very few guys I'd let Rex go for... Not Cowher, not Gruden, not many other guys. And Saban wasn't good in Miami for the same reason Belichick wasn't good in Cleveland. The ****ing QB. I don't know why people don't understand that the QB position is the primary reason for success and failure nowadays. A good coach and hold a team up to around 8-8 with a trash QB typically, but the good QB is what makes the super bowl difference.

We have a good coach though, just get a QB. Hell, even a top 15 QB Rex would make the playoffs every year with.
    Hear me when I say Saban is not an NFL coach. His style, demeanor and leadership skills work with college kids, not multi-millionaires. NFL players didn't, and still won't, tolerate his style and habits.

just go throw the boat full of money at ozzie newsome. he'd probably be happy with rex as hc or at least give him a real chance.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Bring back Clinkscales to be GM. He's home grown talent and if we trusted him to evaluate talent for so many years, we should trust him as our GM.