Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis is Jets only chip to a QB

Revis is Jets only chip to a QB

The NY Jets have no QB.
    You can not win in today's NFL without a decent QB
    Using Revis to get a QB in a direct trade or use pick obtained to draft a QB might be the only answer.
    The new GMs first order of business will have to be getting a competent or young new QB in NY.
    Without a QB he will fail & lose his job within 3 years.
    Maybe the league steps up "behind" the scenes & encourages a swap between the Niners or Seahawks to get Sanchez out of here.
    Remember that this league is all for one, & winning teams in large markets adds huge revenue to the league in TV, merchandise ect.
    What's good for the Jets is good for the entire league.

Is it really possible to trade Revis off that injury?

Lets deal in reality..

The league is NOT stepping in..

I know people look back to the Giants but that was a totally different time and situation in history..

And it would never happen in todays world..

As it was we had to pay a kings ransom to have Parcells come over to save our sorry asses....

To me I would dump Revis to a team that would take Sanchez also.. But I don't think that is reality either.. But Seattle can have both for Flynn straight up!!

Revis is great.. but a luxury.. and a huge pain in the ass!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Revis to Washington for Cousins and picks.

Well all know that Snyder would pay Revis. Washington is set on offense for the most part. They need to keep building a dominating D to go along with RG3

It's not Revis's injury that would hold him back. ACL injuries aren't career altering like they used to be. Procedures are much better now.

It's his need to go for every last dollar and the threat of wanting to renegotiate every time a corner gets a bigger contract that will scare teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

Well all know that Snyder would pay Revis. Washington is set on offense for the most part. They need to keep building a dominating D to go along with RG3
    You don't trade a HOF player in his prime for a JAG and picks. Especially one who was choking garbage in college and has one NFL start.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If Revis is put on the trading block, more than a dozen teams will be bidding for his services.He shuts down half the field for heavens sake. A first and second rounder!

Hall Of Fame
    Revis should have been traded last year to try to move up in the draft. I think STL may have been willing to deal with us even after they signed Finnegan. They took Jenkins in the draft after signing Finnegan.

Sanchez should have been traded last year.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-28-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

Washington doesn't have picks to use or would you get any back IMO. Heck we may have to give them a pick in that trade. Cousin would command what Philly got for Kolb at a min. Revis and his 15 mil a year demands just aren't worth that much. If we traded Revis plus picks for a QB it would be a guy like Romo or Cutler which I don't want because it means we are selling out again.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-28-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Revis is a pro bowl corner, and your telling me, nobody would want him, are you for real.Not only is he a pro bowl corner, he's the best in the league,and one of the best to ever play the position. Its not what i say, its what Dion Sanders has said, Jerry rice,etc,etc.

Veteran
    I wish the Jets could send him home to Pittsburgh for Big Ben. Will never happen, but hey, t'would be nice. Ben is going to win another SB, one way or another.

I think any Jet fan who wants to see Revis go, is insane. He's a great player, a team player. He' wants his big money though. Mario Williams got his, Revis will get his.We have other needs that are more pressing though. If we trade him, it will be for draft picks. Im warming to the idea of getting Matt Flynn.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I think any Jet fan who wants to see Revis go, is insane. He's a great player, a team player. He' wants his big money though. Mario Williams got his, Revis will get his.We have other needs that are more pressing though. If we trade him, it will be for draft picks. Im warming to the idea of getting Matt Flynn.
    So are you insane?

Nobody wants to see him go. We just realize that it doesn't make sense to pay him what he wants when we don't have a QB or offense for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Lets deal in reality..

The league is NOT stepping in..

I know people look back to the Giants but that was a totally different time and situation in history..

And it would never happen in todays world..

As it was we had to pay a kings ransom to have Parcells come over to save our sorry asses....

To me I would dump Revis to a team that would take Sanchez also.. But I don't think that is reality either.. But Seattle can have both for Flynn straight up!!

Revis is great.. but a luxury.. and a huge pain in the ass!!!
    The league does NOTHING in an OVERT way.
    Owners in the NFL are joined at the hip & it is their best interest to have teams bringing in as much money as possible!
    Why do you think they want a team back in LA?
    The NY Jets being laughing stocks does not bolster their bottom line.
    Do you honestly believe that owners scream from mountain tops everything they discuss at the owners meetings?
    Any move would not be "one sided" or else it would look fishy.
    Paul Allen who owns the Seahawks would love to figure out a way to get out of the Flynn deal, same with the owners of the 49ers with Smith (not that Smith is making a lot of money but you can bet your azz Smith won't be a happy camper sitting on the bench in 2013).
    These guys are all in it to win a Superbowl but the bottom line is keeping this golden goose growing & growing.

Revis has a ton of value even coming off that injury. However if we are going to trade him I want picks, not some questionable QB like Flynn, Smith, or Cousins. Smith has shown to be serviceable at best, Flynn is living off the reputation of one game, and Cousins hasn't proven squat that makes him comparable to Revis.

NO WAY would I ever want Revis playing for another team. The Jets always trade off their truly great talent of the past. I'm sick of it. Revis should be a Jet for his ENTIRE career. Revis is a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    It's not Revis's injury that would hold him back. ACL injuries aren't career altering like they used to be. Procedures are much better now.

It's his need to go for every last dollar and the threat of wanting to renegotiate every time a corner gets a bigger contract that will scare teams.
    Bingo. Every team would love to have that kind of talent at corner. But how many teams think having the top corner is worth 10% of thier cap. This is not the mid 90s when 2 or three guys were sent into a pattern. When a Sanders Could take one guy and 1/2 of the pattern was gone. In the last 5 years most teams are sending 4 or in the case of the pats, saints, cowboys, packers and niners 5 into the secondary, Bunching guys together, trying to get picks. Your dime back now sees as much time on the field as your nickle back did 10 years ago.

If teams were passing the ball 40 times a game an only having two guys in a pattern, Revis's value would be 15 mill per no problem.

I see the game evolving where the premium positions are going to be Dline (as always) and OLBs that can cover TEs. To be able to keep you base D on the field when they split the TE out wide is huge or taking Woodhead, McCoy, Sproles out of the backfield.
    Last edited by patman; 12-28-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Bingo. Every team would love to have that kind of talent at corner. But how many teams think having the top corner is worth 10% of thier cap. This is not the mid 90s when 2 or three guys were sent into a pattern. When a Sanders Could take one guy and 1/2 of the pattern was gone. In the last 5 years most teams are sending 4 or in the case of the pats, saints, cowboys, packers and niners 5 into the secondary, Bunching guys together, trying to get picks. Your dime back now sees as much time on the field as your nickle back did 10 years ago.

If teams were passing the ball 40 times a game an only having two guys in a pattern, Revis's value would be 15 mill per no problem.

I see the game evolving where the premium positions are going to be Dline (as always) and OLBs that can cover TEs.
    Dline yes, olbs that can over? There isn't any, as in none, nada, zero.

Revis could be dealt, even with a big ticket but it would have to be to the right team. As in a team with talent that is under acheiving, such as the Lions or new orleans.

Not many other CB's would in play after and injury and with a big ticket but Revis is a special player.

I do not want to trade him but I think there would be a market if the jets are going into reboot mode.

Revis cant be traded because his contract is so weird. He is an UFA after this season with no ability to be Franchised.

But forget that....as amazing as a player as Revis is, our pass defense has been virtually the same this year without him which shows how overvalued CBs are in todays NFL.

Here are the starting CBs for the last few SB winners:

Corey Webster - Aaron Ross
    Charles Woodson - Sam Shields
    Tracy Porter - Jabari Greer
    Ike Taylor - Bryant McFadden

Woodson is a great player and Ike Taylor has had an excellent career...after that every name listed above is an average NFL player. CB is a position that a team CANNOT afford to pay someone $8-9 million like we pay Cro and then pay Revis $13 million. It is simply not worth it in a salary cap system.

The smart play by the FO is to trade Cro this offseason. Kyle WIlson is an adequate second corner, especially at his low cap number and we can hopefully get a decent pick for Cro, save money, and hope that Revis comes back at full strength and we can resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The league does NOTHING in an OVERT way.
    Owners in the NFL are joined at the hip & it is their best interest to have teams bringing in as much money as possible!
    Why do you think they want a team back in LA?
    The NY Jets being laughing stocks does not bolster their bottom line.
    Do you honestly believe that owners scream from mountain tops everything they discuss at the owners meetings?
    Any move would not be "one sided" or else it would look fishy.
    Paul Allen who owns the Seahawks would love to figure out a way to get out of the Flynn deal, same with the owners of the 49ers with Smith (not that Smith is making a lot of money but you can bet your azz Smith won't be a happy camper sitting on the bench in 2013).
    These guys are all in it to win a Superbowl but the bottom line is keeping this golden goose growing & growing.
    I have posted that i believe the league will step in to help the jets with the ravens if they decide to go with Decosta or another front office type that is under contract. But no way will the league help facilitate a player exchange
    to the injury of another team.

Rozzele stepped in and got George Young from the fins for the Giants and i think they asked Ron Wolfe to help another team in an unofficial capacity some time ago.