Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any chance Hasselbeck would be available

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd even take Tim Hasselbeck over Dirty Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez will not be the starter next year. Matt Moore will be brought in to stabalize the position for a year while we groom a qb we will take in the draft.
    ok Nostradamus. Love how you keep stating your 'wishes' as though they are certain facts. How many more days till Rex is gone now? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And how much is Matt Moore going to cost? What about him throwing to Fitzgerald? Or going to KC. he is going to get a lot of offers.
    Moore as a BU will get 3 years 10.5 mil IMO. He is sadly the top FA QB this year so will get 5-6 mil for 2-3 by someone looking for a patchwork starter. Even if Vick is cut more teams will still be bidding on Moore. There are very few QBs you will see available better this year. I could even see Denver offering him 4 mil to BU Manning. He will not be a cheap option like some think.

All League
    Hasselback could be an very short term option, like if we were able to get Geno Smith or Wilson to sit behind him. I would take him over Campbell or Quinn.

I think Flynn should be a priority with Moore a plan B. Right now, the fans and local media have turned on this team. There is absolutely no chance that Sanchez is starting another game for the Jets after Sunday. If the coaching staff was so worried about starting him against SD, what could Sanchez possibly do to change everyone's opinion of him prior to opening day?

Maybe the NFL will make the Jets go on the road for the first month of the 2013 season in order to give Sanchez the opportunity to be that $50M game manager we have always dreamed of.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Moore as a BU will get 3 years 10.5 mil IMO. He is sadly the top FA QB this year so will get 5-6 mil for 2-3 by someone looking for a patchwork starter. Even if Vick is cut more teams will still be bidding on Moore. There are very few QBs you will see available better this year. I could even see Denver offering him 4 mil to BU Manning. He will not be a cheap option like some think.
    No to Hasselbeck. He's toast. I'd rather pluck McNabb off the couch... and I DON'T want to do that either.

The QB free agent class is usually very weak because nobody lets good QBs just walk away without getting anything in return.

None of the guys who would be available are worth bringing in IMO. Moore MIGHT get a decent deal, but I doubt he sees the numbers you are suggesting. He's not that good and I don't think anybody will be fooled into thinking he is.

Denver probably would not have any interest in Moore to BU Manning... they just picked Osweiler in the 2nd round.

I really think the Jets will go into 2013 with Sanchez, a rookie and McElroy all competing for the starting job. It's not a good position to be in, but this is what they have done and there's not a whole lot they can do about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is 28, I think he will go to the Jets, Cards or KC All three have lousy or the potential to be lousy O-lines so there is no clear advantage there but maybe a slight nod to the jets there. Besides money, I think the deciding factor will be a stable coaching staff so I think KC will have the new staff and be the likely landing spot. another thing against the jets is not giving Tebow the shot. When Rex says it will be an open competiton can he believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No to Hasselbeck. He's toast. I'd rather pluck McNabb off the couch... and I DON'T want to do that either.

The QB free agent class is usually very weak because nobody lets good QBs just walk away without getting anything in return.

None of the guys who would be available are worth bringing in IMO. Moore MIGHT get a decent deal, but I doubt he sees the numbers you are suggesting. He's not that good and I don't think anybody will be fooled into thinking he is.

Denver probably would not have any interest in Moore to BU Manning... they just picked Osweiler in the 2nd round.

I really think the Jets will go into 2013 with Sanchez, a rookie and McElroy all competing for the starting job. It's not a good position to be in, but this is what they have done and there's not a whole lot they can do about it now.
    The 3 years 10.5 is what Orton got and not many teams where bidding on him. DA got 2 years 7.5mil TJ 2years 8 mil. The same year Jake Delhomme made 7 mill to be a starter when everyone knew he was done. Collins was given 2 years 14 mil by the Colts and he hadn't done anything all that good in years. Hassellbeck made 3 years 20 mil over him. Moore is less proven but also young and made over 3 mil last year. If someone think he can be their starter over the next 1-3 years they will lock him up with good money not BU money. I don't see anyone right now exp Vick who will get more and not every team will want Vick. How much did Flynn get again and how many games did he play?
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-29-2012 at 01:04 AM.