Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine is Deep Throat.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    You don't think Pettine's disloyalty had anything to do with the Jets and Rex's lack of success? Funny how some can justify their wants.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    You know when there's constantly **** and drama following you around no matter what you do and where you go, eventually you figure out that you're the problem.

All this crap that follows Rex is his own doing. He can blame malcontent players, he can blame the media, he can blame malcontent coaches, he can blame a promiscuous wife, he can blame other teams for beating us when we crowed all week about how we are going to win..... the bottom line is the **** that hits the fan over and over and over are of his own doing. When is enough enough?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You don't fire a coach because of a rumor that an assistant snitched on him to the media. The Rex hate is making you people stupid
    Rex' s biggest crime is being naive

ha snell you and Sar and the rest of Anti Rex dieharders need to face reality.. Or just get a new team.. Rex will be here next year.. Mike P was a assistant DC, bout time he wants to try to DC himself somewhere.. Will never know the real story, but it is true woody cant keep shuffling his failures around the front office because they are his yes men..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Rex' s biggest crime is being naive

this

Jets Insider VIP
    Mike Pettine
    Greg mcElroy
    Santonio Holmes

All praying that we hear their cries that the rex ryan regime has turned into an unmitigated disaster.

Hear the cries Woody. Hear the cries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ha snell you and Sar and the rest of Anti Rex dieharders need to face reality.. Or just get a new team.. Rex will be here next year.. Mike P was a assistant DC, bout time he wants to try to DC himself somewhere.. Will never know the real story, but it is true woody cant keep shuffling his failures around the front office because they are his yes men..
    I'm fully aware he's probably gonna be here next year. I'm also fully aware we will be getting some second rate GM because no self respecting GM with any kind of talent or aspirations of building THEIR team will sign on to a job that forces any personnel on them, especially a HC.

But that's ok. I'll still root for the Jets as I always have, even in the worst of days. And I'll chuckle to myself next year when you guys are saying "one more year and he'll learn to be a Head Coach" again......

If Pettine is the leak, Rex probably has him leaking the info. All these people who think he's doing it behind Rex's back are crazy. Everything leaked makes Rex look like a victim; it doesnt make him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    According to Fatty, Mehta has been sitting on the Pettine contract story for months. Pettine turned down an extension months ago according to him.
    Exactly, Mehta waited to release the story to make Pettine look good. Was essentially payment to his source.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    If Pettine is the leak, Rex probably has him leaking the info. All these people who think he's doing it behind Rex's back are crazy. Everything leaked makes Rex look like a victim; it doesnt make him look bad.
    This is a possibility that shouldn't be ignored.

Think about it. There's a leak that Rex wants to start McElroy, but Sparano and Tannenbaum want Sanchez to start after the Cards game. Rex goes with Sanchez and it looks like he was forced to.

Rex doesn't use Tebow and there are leaks that the players think Tebow is terrible, so it looks like Rex is doing the will of the team.

Then there is a leak that Tebow asked out of wildcat, again giving cover for Rex.

That said, Rex took did take back the defensive playcalling from Pettine so he may be disgruntled. Still, the leaks seem to clear Rex rather than hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Exactly, Mehta waited to release the story to make Pettine look good. Was essentially payment to his source.
    Sounds like Pettine wants a HC gig. I'm sure teams will line up to hire a guy who manipulates the media to get a job

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Disagree... Think Rex can win a super bowl which is all you want in the head coach you have. The ability to win it. Then just get the players around them.

Plus, by that logic, what Mangini did to Belichick was worse so Belichick should have been fired... That **** is going to happen in life.

If it's true because Francesa is not the most trustworthy person.
    So true

Same with Josh McDaniels, he sold out Belichick, and now he's even back with the team.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im glad all of this is coming out. Hopefully, it makes Woody realize what a disaster these last 2 years have been and that Rex is not qualified to be a HC.

Thanks Mike Pettine.
    Yeah, nothing like a good back-stabbing to clear things up.

This story smells fishy.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett
    Francessa says Pettine is leak. All I know is Pettine was internally SLAPPED last year for leaking stuff to press.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    RT @Brian_Bassett: Also, Pettine forced to use a specific phone for all purposes last year so team could monitor calls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Also, Pettine forced to use a specific phone for all purposes last year so team could monitor calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm fully aware he's probably gonna be here next year. I'm also fully aware we will be getting some second rate GM because no self respecting GM with any kind of talent or aspirations of building THEIR team will sign on to a job that forces any personnel on them, especially a HC.

But that's ok. I'll still root for the Jets as I always have, even in the worst of days. And I'll chuckle to myself next year when you guys are saying "one more year and he'll learn to be a Head Coach" again......
    And thats what it will be, you dieharders will root for Jets/Rex to fail.. Maybe you wont, but some will.. Gms dont get turned over at the rate of HCs. HC's get canned much faster usually, leave for tv, retire, whatever..If a qualified candidate actually turns a good offer down it will be because of the rumors that woody wants to keep his capboy failure gm around.. You should have heard of the response of NFL executive guys "thats ridiculous, only the Jets" read this article,
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=2663

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    RT @Brian_Bassett: Also, Pettine forced to use a specific phone for all purposes last year so team could monitor calls.

WOW if true. well if it is true, we'll have to monitor Pettine's job search in the offseason. How quickly, coordinator or position, college or pro, etc. if he's coaching high school, we know it was not BS

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett
    Francessa says Pettine is leak. All I know is Pettine was internally SLAPPED last year for leaking stuff to press.

Seriously? Jeez, time to move on from this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    And thats what it will be, you dieharders will root for Jets/Rex to fail.. Maybe you wont, but some will.. Gms dont get turned over at the rate of HCs. HC's get canned much faster usually, leave for tv, retire, whatever..If a qualified candidate actually turns a good offer down it will be because of the rumors that woody wants to keep his capboy failure gm around.. You should have heard of the response of NFL executive guys "thats ridiculous, only the Jets" read this article,
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=2663
    I agree it's ridiculous to keep Tanny around. They should fire Tanny and immediately begin the search for a GM. Once they found one that they like, let that GM decide the fate of Rex and all other personnel. You do not force a coach on a GM. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

This is a pretty bizarre story, even by the Jets standards. If its true they should ban Pettine from the building and fire him Monday morning