Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine is Deep Throat.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    If these guys are actual journalists and not TMZ hacks, Basset will name names. Basset doesn;t have any sources in his tweets. come out and say it then. if not, you are not a journalist. you are just a BSer like the the rest of us. simple as that.
    Not to mention if the NYJ were monitoring pettine's phones in Florham Park, why couldn't he just call Manish from home? Makes no sense as Bassett explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as I stated

I don't disagree with him being fired if this is true (although apparently refusing an extension makes him fired already "de facto".

I just think that so far the only one of EVERYBODY is fatboy and for me that isn't enough for me
    +1000 for once, sg3. Well said. Rumors are rumors. Even if Fanseca is "trustworthy", he could have been fed this information by someone who is not.

As far as Pettine getting all the credit for the Defense - huh? All I ever hear on this board is that Rex Ryan is a defensive genius, see how good our defense is. I've never heard anyone give Pettine credit for anything. Besides, Rex should have been learning the offense and how to be a Head Coach instead of micromanaging the Defense, if that's really what he's been doing.

Stop believing every rumor that floats around! Just the facts, ma'am, nothing but the facts.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 12-29-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    After week 1, we were on pace for a 16-0 season! Then we just ran into a string of bad luck, is all. Just wait until Sanchez find a 4-leaf clover - then you'll be sorry!!!
    LOLz x LMAO

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I can't imagine Francesca making something like this up no matter how much I think he dislikes Rex.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Fuch fatsessa he is the worst he HATES the JETS and everything about the organization... Mehta who I thought was great in the beginning turned out to be like everyone else and just walked all over the team instead of stay loyal and write good trustworthy articles he took the High road and started the Schit talking as soon as things went south...REX stays and everyone else goes Give Mark ONE more shot and BUILD this TEAM the RIGHT WAY....INSIDE OUT....we need to just get more weapons stay healthy and coaches who will be loyal and not trying to upgrade their own careers and give a schit about what they are doing and thats trying to Coach the Fuchking NEW YORK JETS to a SUPER BOWL! Damn im sad and upset this season ended like this but maybe we will turn it around Next year but i Dont know if i cant wait till April for Ball again...I want this all year long ...LOL.

Lets stay up fellas and hope we get better!

Wish List
    Oline
    RB
    WR
    OLB
    Saftey

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    NOW?!?!? Ok let's get this straight-The Jets and Rex found out Mike Pettine was a source for leaks last year and instead of ****canning his ass they gave him a special phone!?!? WTF???? How can anyone not see the idiocy of this? And do you really think Woody or Tannenbaum were the ones who supported keeping him, or do you think Rex came swooping in to protect and defend his guy when it's clearly way beyond defending? That kind of stuff should get you fired immediately without question. WTH is wrong with this organization!?
    The fact that people are still supporting Rex under these circumstances are telling. Most of these people were against Herm and Mangini when they didn't do half of this nonsense and had real control over the team!!!

I will say this again NO TEAM IN THE NFL IS RUN THIS WAY!!! NONE!!!

But we should keep Rex yea, OK!!!

There are reasons why we should keep Rex but people should stop acting like questioning whether or not to keep Rex is not an expression of the SOJF mentality.

Indeed if you are saying we should keep Rex there were far stronger reasons then to have kept Herm and Mangini for example.... Under the current defense of Rex neither of the previous HCs should have been canned...

As others have said your DC is leaking damaging info and instead of dissmissing him immedaitely you offer him an EXTENSION!!!!

This is organizational insanity....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-29-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I see a team that has been derailed by injuries, a QB whose confidence has been destroyed because of those injuries and a myriad of other reasons.

I see a team that the media has been obsessed with since the Tebow trade trying to sabotage their entire season before it even started.

The NFL had to put "special monitors" on the New England Patriots for obvious reasons, is that dysfunction?

And really, what can we really believe what comes out in the news these days involving this team? There is so much bull**** and crap and media members jumping on other media members, the circus has always been with the pencil-neck dorks that have a credential to influence us everyday in a local tabloid that has recently become National Enquiresque in the quality of its work.
    Are you for real!!!!!!!

The media and injuires forced the DC to leak damaging stories to the MEDIA!!!

Indeed you were the poster who was saying thread after thread that these stories were made up out of whole clothe!!!!

Now you blame the media for reporting what top Jets FO personnel and coaches were telling them!!!

Come on man.... I love you as a poster..

But COME ON!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Smoke=Fire. Name one thing the media reported on this team that WASN'T true. Last year it was constant that Holmes was a malcontent and Rex lost the locker room. no one believed it until they saw Holmes sitting on the bench alone in MIA and Rex telling the world he lost the pulse of the team. Why isn't this crazy NY circus media doing the same to the Giants? Why didn't they do this to Mangini? Herm? Parcells? The only ones creating a circus are the guys in Florham Park.
    THANK YOU!!!!

When Cop first and foremost was saying the Jets FO stunk (along with a few others of us out here) people hated on him thread after thread.....

Now can we all agree that the Jets had no coherent plan......

That not firing leakers but forcing them to use specific phones is not a plan unless that person is in prison!!!!

You can't make it up!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-29-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So true

Same with Josh McDaniels, he sold out Belichick, and now he's even back with the team.
    Mangini and McDaniels left here under completely different circumstances. Most assistants leave here with the blessings of the Pats. Mangini is one of the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    This story smells fishy.

Don't most of them?

Well this escalated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Don't most of them?
    All of em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i so wish we were discussing the playoffs instead of this national enquirer type nonsense.

clean house woody.
    When will people realize that Woody loves this stuff. It is keeping the brand name in the public even though the JETS are not in the playoffs. Genius marketing by Woody. Its all he cares about.

More Tebow!!!...........

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!

When Cop first and foremost was saying the Jets FO stunk (along with a few others of us out here) people hated on him thread after thread.....

Now can we all agree that the Jets had no coherent plan......

That not firing leakers but forcing them to use specific phones is not a plan unless that person is in prison!!!!

You can't make it up!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    Thanks CB, you are one of the best on JI!...............

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Whatever.....

Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett
    One more thing. Pettine isn't only one in #Jets organization under close communication scrutiny. It's a common thing in Florham Park.

Also, Pettine forced to use a specific phone for all purposes last year so team could monitor calls. Guess Stringer Bell got him a burner.

Francessa says Pettine is leak. All I know is Pettine was internally SLAPPED last year for leaking stuff to press.
    WOW!!!

If this is true Rex really does need to go. I was on-board with him staying but I'm done now. Leak, get fired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    When will people realize that Woody loves this stuff. It is keeping the brand name in the public even though the JETS are not in the playoffs. Genius marketing by Woody. Its all he cares about.

More Tebow!!!...........
    Why do you continue to repeat this BS? No owner would ever wish this on his team.

All the Woody Loves Press stuff is just fabricated non-sense that has been stated, by virtually everyone within and/or that covers the organization, to be simply not true.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe copernicus read this crap on his UFT newspaper right before the section on WhyTeachers need more Vacation Time...14 WEEKS A YEAR IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rex calls Defense and announces to media like its a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    We don't know if that's still the case...

People forget how Rex took back alot of the playcalling from Pettine this season and announced it to the world...So who is to say they are still close as they were a few years ago....
    = Rex forgot again that he was hired to be HC, not DC. He is always forgetting things.

He shoulda stayed a line coach. This organization has deteriorated the last 2 years.

What a mess............unfortunately Rex has to go. Good guy and a great motivator, lousy organizational skills

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    If Pettine is indeed the leak it's a very sad. Rex has always worshipped him as his right hand man and this is a betrayal of epic proportions.

I assume jealousy of Rex is the reason for this.

Jets Insider VIP
    You know I luv ya Sooth man

But Fatso said "EVERYBODY" knows that it's Pettine

Yet more than 24 hours after he shot off his fat trap on the radio

I haven't seen a single member of "everybody" confirm or corroborate or even cryptically come forward and say its true

He couldn't even badger his FAN lackey Schwartz into it despite trying for 10 minutes.

You're 100 percent right though.....IF

But so far it might just be a fat Jet hating loudmouth blubbering out his a$$

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2