Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine is Deep Throat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So then who leaked this? Unless Pettine threw himself under the bus by giving this information to Francessa, it seems the whole organization is a sieve.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rock bottom keeps getting lower....even Woody has to know its time to nuke it all!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Screw Pettine his leaks have caused untold damage this year and to think most ( at least I) figured the leak to be a player.

Pettine should be fired today... Mehta should never be allowed near the team again he has been a *****like ****stirrer since his first day with the Jets.

EFF anyone that is not loyal to this gotdamned team that takes up too much of my life.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad for Rex that his good friend sold out the team like he did but, Rex does have to take responsibility for creating an open atmosphere around the team. The coaches and players took their lead from Rex in regards to talking to the media and saying whats on their mind. Now it comes back to bite him in a big way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive met pettine away from the football field while he was in rexs company. hes got beaty shifty untrustworthy eyes. i never liked him as a coach and as a person since the two meetings.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If true he should have been fired by now

my only caviat is that

its Fatcessa that is braying about this without even a direct confirmation from FAN lackey Schwartz

If EVERYBODY knows this (as Fatty claims) there should be at least some independent corroboration

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If true he should have been fired by now

my only caviat is that

its Fatcessa that is braying about this without even a direct confirmation from FAN lackey Schwartz

If EVERYBODY knows this (as Fatty claims) there should be at least some independent corroboration
    I can't imagine Francesca making something like this up no matter how much I think he dislikes Rex.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the accusations are merited and true fire this bum before the last game of the season. teach him a life lesson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I can't imagine Francesca making something like this up no matter how much I think he dislikes Rex.

you're probably right JW

but it is fatboy and he is saying "EVERYBODY" knows it so I think we need to at least wait for one of EVERYBODY to come forward and say so when even the FAN beat lackey won't come out and say it's true

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true, it's all on Pettine. Nobody (in this case, Rex) can tell when a supposed friend (Pettine) is going to sell you out. it doesn't matter if you are the best judge of character the world has ever seen, somebody you trust will get you at some point.

that being said, this Manish guy lost his journalistic integrity a long time ago. but he knows how to get people talking about him and his beat. congratulations for being the type of "reporter" that helped kill newspapers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you're probably right JW

but it is fatboy and he is saying "EVERYBODY" knows it so I think we need to at least wait for one of EVERYBODY to come forward and say so when even the FAN beat lackey won't come out and say it's true
    When Fatty says "everybody" he means the people covering the team. And those people are not going to step on one another's toes. The beat writers find out a lot of stuff that they don't report. Mehta is fast and loose.

I think Fatty's source is Kim Jones.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    as I stated

I don't disagree with him being fired if this is true (although apparently refusing an extension makes him fired already "de facto".

I just think that so far the only one of EVERYBODY is fatboy and for me that isn't enough for me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad all of this is coming out. Hopefully, it makes Woody realize what a disaster these last 2 years have been and that Rex is not qualified to be a HC.

Thanks Mike Pettine.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im glad all of this is coming out. Hopefully, it makes Woody realize what a disaster these last 2 years have been and that Rex is not qualified to be a HC.

Thanks Mike Pettine.
    rexs own are turning against him. not only has he lost the players he has lost his coaching staff.

sad state of affairs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike Pettine.

If it's true, NOBODY likes a snitch or a quitter

No thanks to Mike

just a GTFO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In situations like this, the simplest explanation is usually the right one.

It is certainly possible that a disgruntled Pettine has been leaking crap to Mehta for quite some time, but it doesn't really add up.

More likely rumors that have followed Mehta around for quite some time are true--and he's a sensationalist who attributes out of context quotes to anonymous sources for his own personal gain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Francesa's like the godfather at WFAN, say something about him or disagree with him and you'll find yourself out of a job. No reason for Schwartz to stick his neck out.
    huh?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike Pettine.
    You don't think Pettine's disloyalty had anything to do with the Jets and Rex's lack of success? Funny how some can justify their wants.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pettine is Rex's right hand man. He is the guy that Rex hand picked and gushed about him when he brought him on board. His best friend in the building has sold him out and we're STILL gonna keep Rex around?!?!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Pettine is Rex's right hand man. He is the guy that Rex hand picked and gushed about him when he brought him on board. His best friend in the building has sold him out and we're STILL gonna keep Rex around?!?!
    You don't fire a coach because of a rumor that an assistant snitched on him to the media. The Rex hate is making you people stupid