Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine is Deep Throat.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why wasn't he just fired? Why go through all this trouble?

It makes no sense?

What a joke.
    Because he isnt coming back anyway, so why fire the guy and open yourself up for a possible lawsuit. The Jets hope this story just dies on the vine and people will forget about it in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    If you don't see a level of dysfunction in this organization, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You don't even need to look past this very thread. A special phone for your defensive coordinator to monitor his communications? Just think about that for a second. It's a terrible sign on multiple levels.
    I see a team that has been derailed by injuries, a QB whose confidence has been destroyed because of those injuries and a myriad of other reasons.

I see a team that the media has been obsessed with since the Tebow trade trying to sabotage their entire season before it even started.

The NFL had to put "special monitors" on the New England Patriots for obvious reasons, is that dysfunction?

And really, what can we really believe what comes out in the news these days involving this team? There is so much bull**** and crap and media members jumping on other media members, the circus has always been with the pencil-neck dorks that have a credential to influence us everyday in a local tabloid that has recently become National Enquiresque in the quality of its work.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Because he isnt coming back anyway, so why fire the guy and open yourself up for a possible lawsuit. The Jets hope this story just dies on the vine and people will forget about it in a few days.
    like the sal alosi scandal.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I see a team that has been derailed by injuries, a QB whose confidence has been destroyed because of those injuries and a myriad of other reasons.

I see a team that the media has been obsessed with since the Tebow trade trying to sabotage their entire season before it even started.

The NFL had to put "special monitors" on the New England Patriots for obvious reasons, is that dysfunction?

And really, what can we really believe what comes out in the news these days involving this team? There is so much bull**** and crap and media members jumping on other media members, the circus has always been with the pencil-neck dorks that have a credential to influence us everyday in a local tabloid that has recently become National Enquiresque in the quality of its work.
    LOl...the media and injuries, the undoing of the 2012 Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    close personal friend of rex thats why.
    Pettine needs to be gone today. Rex is a dunce for keeping him. It really shows a lack of competence.

Hall Of Fame
    Possible lawsuit? Please tell me you are kidding. What Pettine did is conduct detrimental and insubordination. Plain and simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Pettine needs to be gone today. Rex is a dunce for keeping him. It really shows a lack of competence.
    He should, I agree, but this is the last game of the season and I dont think the organization wants to go down that road.

agree and this is why woody needs to clean house.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What is in disarray?

Are you serious with this? You are either putting all of us on or you're just a flat out dumb ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    like the sal alosi scandal.
    One of the first things that needs to be done is bringing this guy back.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

All Pro
    Why wasn't he just fired? Why go through all this trouble?

It makes no sense?

What a joke.
    To me it looks like Rex does not want to be viewed as a quitter so he is doing his best to get fired. Pettine's refusal to sign an extension probably has alot to do with rex telling him not to and he will take him along wherever he lands.

Hall Of Fame
    Possible lawsuit? Please tell me you are kidding. What Pettine did is conduct detrimental and insubordination. Plain and simple.
    I agree, but it would put the burden of PROOF on the Jets. Other than a recorded conversation or Mehta coming forward to reveal his source, it would be a tough case to PROVE. Everyone "knows" it is the case, but having legal proof to fire the guy is very different.

Same old drama queens love this made up stuff. Francesa and the rest of the media just want to make the JETS look like a circus. Its all the negative JETS fan's fault..........

Ban the troll anyway?

He's only partially right, McDaniels was involved in his own Spygate incident that again brought credence to the original Spygate!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1...te-ii-incident
    Partially right? How is that "selling out Belichick?"

But I digress, and JW, I appreciate the lack of calling out for a ban.

LOL how do any of you know what happened? Because fatso said so? That's a moronic reason to fire someone. Bunch of drama queens over here.... Mehta has you wrapped around his finger

i so wish we were discussing the playoffs instead of this national enquirer type nonsense.

clean house woody.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree, but it would put the burden of PROOF on the Jets. Other than a recorded conversation or Mehta coming forward to reveal his source, it would be a tough case to PROVE. Everyone "knows" it is the case, but having legal proof to fire the guy is very different.
    They can fire him for whatever reason they want. If they didn't want to pay him his severance then they would have to prove wrongdoing on his part.

If they wanted him gone he could have been gone. Just eat the money and move on. If these reports are true the damage he has cause over two seasons is worth a lot more than his salary or severance.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    And yet they offered him up a contract to remain a Jet. Seriously folks, you can't make this stuff up. LMAO. Just because he's a snitch doesn't make him a bad guy, does it?! lol
    Then again, maybe he wasn't offered an extension. Maybe he was ticked off about that. Maybe he told Mehta this so he wouldn't look bad when he was dumped, and Mehta returned the favor by writing it towards the end of the year so he might land another job. See how this works?

Hall Of Fame
    According to Manish, Rex's response was "off the record" and that is why he didn't include it.

Manish says he never goes to Friday pressers and that is why he wasn't there.

Claims he spoke to multiple sources for the story.