Thread: New Story: Front Office Shakeup Appears Almost Certain

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Front Office Shakeup Appears Almost Certain

Florham Park, NJ -*With failure comes change.

Last season Brian Schottenheimer was exiled as the sacrificial lamb for the offensive failures of this team. The firing was completely justified, but clearly he wasn't the only problem with this offense. After two straight AFC Championship game appearances, two straight years of missing the playoffs can't be acceptable. Woody Johnson is known as an owner that may be more interested in headlines than winning, but don't kid yourself, as well as the Jets have done in the headline making department Johnson can not be happy about the lack of winning over these past...

More...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Author is spot on what needs to happen.. Please forward this to woody Johnson..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Food for thought.

Shotty in 2012 with a better QB, better RB and better WR's is ranked 26th in points and 24th in Yards.

The Sparano/Sanchez O, almost universally weaker in talent, is ranked 28th in points, and 30th in Yards.

Judge accordingly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So your point is warfish sparano is a tad better than shotty? ok they both are bad but can agree.. and your 2013 draft chart- where is the O-linemen? Need to draft two lineman within the 1st 4 rounds..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the article has some valid points. it is annoying that the writer can't spell sparano's last name correctly and he says that ryan brought in landry and bell in one sentence but says that the players are brought in by the gm, tannenbaum. this is where the whole responsibility issue gets murky. people want to blame sparano for the offense on the one hand while acknowledging that the offense talent with sanchez is worse than it was under schitty. doesn't sparano get the same pass that schitty got and sanchez is getting? he should. as for the comment about the sporadic play calling, it seemed to me that sparano's offense had fewer 3 and outs than schitty's. maybe yes maybe no but if sparano was able to call the plays needed to move the chains, that's clearly an improvement.

i suspect sparano's biggest problem is that he was allegedly brought in to run tebow in the wildcat and the jets just didn't run it that much. tebow was grossly oversold as a wildcat qb. with tebow apparently moving on to jax, there's no reason to keep sparano around.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    the article has some valid points. it is annoying that the writer can't spell sparano's last name correctly and he says that ryan brought in landry and bell in one sentence but says that the players are brought in by the gm, tannenbaum. this is where the whole responsibility issue gets murky. people want to blame sparano for the offense on the one hand while acknowledging that the offense talent with sanchez is worse than it was under schitty. doesn't sparano get the same pass that schitty got and sanchez is getting? he should. as for the comment about the sporadic play calling, it seemed to me that sparano's offense had fewer 3 and outs than schitty's. maybe yes maybe no but if sparano was able to call the plays needed to move the chains, that's clearly an improvement.

i suspect sparano's biggest problem is that he was allegedly brought in to run tebow in the wildcat and the jets just didn't run it that much. tebow was grossly oversold as a wildcat qb. with tebow apparently moving on to jax, there's no reason to keep sparano around.

Sparano was widely judged as not a good pick to begin with In the NFL world.. I was just glad to get rid of shotty..Didnt have much experience as OC at all.. knows more about the Oline, better Run caller than shotty was but lack any creativity with pass game.. He said he could come in here and work around Sanchez's weaknesses, bold statement def couldnt do it..

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    My question is, can we find a GM that fits what the author is talking about while still retaining Rex as HC? Wouldn’t most GM’s want the option of shaking up the coaching staff as well?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    My question is, can we find a GM that fits what the author is talking about while still retaining Rex as HC? Wouldn’t most GM’s want the option of shaking up the coaching staff as well?
    Exactly.

SOJ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Exactly.

SOJ.
    ofcourse you can. Keeping MT around no. No New GM wants MT around as a puppy to woody undercutting him. We need to find a GM whos strong suit is offense, I doubt there is a guy out there available who is an expert of both, and if there is why the F didnt woody replace MT with him 2 years ago. Rex has done the work drafting and choosing FA for defense, id say more than Tom C does for the giants. The way he treated Wilson until there was no one else to play at RB means he wasnt his pick. Ofcourse Jerry Reese is a real GM, something the Jets have never had. Jets has picked up the slack for MT with picking D players to sign and draft, but Rex couldnt do MT's job on O decisions also..