23 54.76%
  • Cromartie

19 45.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie or Revis

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Cromartie or Revis

Taking everything into account (contracts, Revis injury, ect.) if you had to choose one to bring back next season, trading the other, which one would you keep?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    both

dumb question and poll

dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    both

and Kyle Wilson and Landry too

Bell is retiring, Smith should be released

no need to trade away the best assets on the team when you don't have to

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    both

and Kyle Wilson and Landry too

Bell is retiring, Smith should be released

no need to trade away the best assets on the team when you don't have to
    agreed. bell i think might stay another year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both unless we are guaranteed equal talent back in return. Anything less weakens the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dumb poll needs a BOTH choice

thank you

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't need a "BOTH" option

Other than for contractual reasons, why would anyone choose Cro over Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on what value the 2 have in the FA market. I would shop Cro 1st. 8 mill savings and he is at the height of his worth right now. Unless someone gives up a all start LB I'd keep Revis and save the cap hit till next year when we can afford it. There are very few ways to trade Revis and look like winners IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Revis every day of the week, though Cro stepped up amazingly this season. And it's not like opposing QBs picked on the DBs opposite Cro -- Jets held QBs to 54 completion percentage (3rd best).

but it's a passing league. Jets need as many guys who can cover as possible. I believe the weakest link is Wilson. I like Lankster and Trufant more than Wilson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the poll needs some qualifiers. it always comes down to "at what price". right now cromartie and revis are fairly close in salary and maybe salary cap liability so the clear choice is revis. on the other hand if revis does his annual sit out and strain hamstrings for 3 or 4 games then maybe cromartie wins out.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I'd take Revis every day of the week, though Cro stepped up amazingly this season. And it's not like opposing QBs picked on the DBs opposite Cro -- Jets held QBs to 54 completion percentage (3rd best).

but it's a passing league. Jets need as many guys who can cover as possible. I believe the weakest link is Wilson. I like Lankster and Trufant more than Wilson.
    well said, I agree with everything.

I know some use the argument that juding Wilson's play will always be unfair because of Cro and Revis comparisons, but this guy has some serious issues in coverage that still have not been corrected and he was a freagin 1st rd pick. The finger wagging, after getting beat on an overthrows/drops, only adds insult to injury. Not a fan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The injury means nothing...

That said, I might be leaning towards Cromartie. Revis is the better player but I find Cromartie's love for the team to mean a lot more. Revis very much has a mercenary aspect to him. I think losing doesn't bother him too much while Cro I think can't stand it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do so many people think we will be able to keep Revis? I just don't see us keeping him with respect to what he will demand and hold out for. Our pass defense did not really take a hit with just Cromartie. Revis is the best there is but I would rather another #1 pick than 1 more year of Revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Landry may have lowered Revis' value this year. Landry showed that if you can take some of the pressure off a CB spreading it around you can do without the standout CB. He may have more value in a trade then he can give to the team. You would think the way the rules are set up to favor the pass and the WR a good CB would be extremely valuable but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Why do so many people think we will be able to keep Revis? I just don't see us keeping him with respect to what he will demand and hold out for. Our pass defense did not really take a hit with just Cromartie. Revis is the best there is but I would rather another #1 pick than 1 more year of Revis.
    Revis is without a doubt one of the best CB's I have ever seen.. But I rather see a crushing sack by a Lineman or LB'er it's more exciting.. Revis is so good he's boring some times..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    These two may be the two best CBs in the league.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis- try to get rid of Kyle Wilson if possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    Taking everything into account (contracts, Revis injury, ect.) if you had to choose one to bring back next season, trading the other, which one would you keep?
    if you can sign revis long term 6 years 72 mill, Revis if not Cro. The injury means less than the odds of Revis taking a somewhat reasonable contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis, Cromartie was excellent this year but people were calling for his head in previous years. Revis is simply on another level than any other CB in the league.