Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta report is false

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that about 50% of the drama with the Jets starts with a report from unnamed sources by Manesh Mehta.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Manish, Rex's response was "off the record" and that is why he didn't include it.

Manish says he never goes to Friday pressers and that is why he wasn't there.

Claims he spoke to multiple sources for the story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mehta loses a lot of credibility for not being at the presser.

Regardless of the veracity of his story, this guy should not be allowed on the premises. Come to think of it, I hope that is the reason he wasn't there. Maybe the Jets finally woke up.
    These stories are gold to the NY Jets. This is one of the least interesting teams on the football field. They are an absolute bore to watch and entirely mediocre to bad in every aspect. This is a team that withour leaks and off the field stories wouldn't be interesting in the least.

These leaks are real and they are intentional. The Jets organization needs to create some buzz because on the field they are a total buzz kill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mannish also says report 100 percent true. Now I don't likeManush but Rex is 100 percent a liar. Iam tired of his stories.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    According to Manish, Rex's response was "off the record" and that is why he didn't include it.

Manish says he never goes to Friday pressers and that is why he wasn't there.

Claims he spoke to multiple sources for the story.
    Tell the whole story. He basically cherry picked the parts he says were on the record and the parts that were off the record. So the BS he makes up as a question becomes part of the record but the denial of his BS is off the record? Pretty damned lame.

And all of his "multiple sources" are never named.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Mannish also says report 100 percent true. Now I don't likeManush but Rex is 100 percent a liar. Iam tired of his stories.
    Great. And your unnamed sources are?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either Rex is lying or someone inside the organization is trying to sabotage him. I find it very hard to believe that Manish would make this up out of thin air.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    just watched Rex's presser for the first time. Nice to see him passionate again. Reminded me of the Hard Knocks segments in 2010

I don't think it is possible that he was lying about his response to Mehta's unsourced "story" which gets us back to Mehta himself

So now apparently Rex DID tell him what Rex claims he told him but he thought it was "off the record" so he only reported that Rex wanted to get fired BUT couldn't report that Rex DIDN'T want to get fired

Starting to sound like John Kerry being for something before he was against it to me

Maybe someone WILL get fired for this fiasco AND HOPEFULLY IT'S THE DIRTBAG from the Daily News...

Won't make much difference really, he'll immediately be signed up to be the fourth member of the SNY Jets Agenda squad and will fit in like a glove with Lucas and Slimy Shein

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex AlWAYS tells the truth. He's being framed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex said what Mehta reported because that's Rex. Blurting out what's on his mind to someone without a filter.

Was he betrayed by that person? Apparently so.

Rex' denial, passionate or not, doesn't make the story false. It's not the first time in history someone has publicly denied doing or saying something to save face.

Didn't Rex deny all of the foot fetish stories?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Great. And your unnamed sources are?
    People call Rex a liar because he says things like "we have confidence in Mark" even when it was clear that the Jets lost confidence in him. I think people are confusing lying with "coach talk."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Either Rex is lying or someone inside the organization is trying to sabotage him. I find it very hard to believe that Manish would make this up out of thin air.
    This must be your first exposure to Manish.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot the messenger. Typical Jet fan response.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know what would be a really huge story

if somebody did a search and found ONE post from reptilleon that didn't hate everything about the football team he alleges to be a fan of

reptilleon must lead one miserable llfe

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    People call Rex a liar because he says things like "we have confidence in Mark" even when it was clear that the Jets lost confidence in him. I think people are confusing lying with "coach talk."
    Coach talk is when another teams coach says something when Rex says the same thing it's lying.. Gullible Jet fans are more then ready to believe anything negative about the team it doesn't have to be true.. Their motto is guilty until proven innocent..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i never liked mehta. he always seemed to jump the gun to conclusions with very little facts to back it up. like in this article he wrote there were never any qoutes from rex and it seemed that Mehta reworded something rex said about the offense into "i wont be back if the offense doesn't improve". Clearly Mehta is an over-exaggerator that is looking for attention. Even if rex said something that may lean towards that but doesnt clearly state it, you cant go around saying he said something that selfish. Mehta reminds me of that fat kid as a friend growing up that tells countless lies and exaggerates stories.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    i never liked mehta. he always seemed to jump the gun to conclusions with very little facts to back it up. like in this article he wrote there were never any qoutes from rex and it seemed that Mehta reworded something rex said about the offense into "i wont be back if the offense doesn't improve". Clearly Mehta is an over-exaggerator that is looking for attention. Even if rex said something that may lean towards that but doesnt clearly state it, you cant go around saying he said something that selfish. Mehta reminds me of that fat kid as a friend growing up that tells countless lies and exaggerates stories.
    I think this is most likely the situation. Rex probably has expressed his dismay with the offense to Woody/Mr T and Manish has made it into a soap opera drama.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you know what would be a really huge story

if somebody did a search and found ONE post from reptilleon that didn't hate everything about the football team he alleges to be a fan of

reptilleon must lead one miserable llfe
    stop bashing on people on the internet like your some WWF wrestler looking for a fight. cuz i bet you're soft (your an old fogey) and any life where you post 20+ messages on a forum a day is a pathetic and loser of a life. much worse than being miserable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I think Rex said what Mehta reported because that's Rex. Blurting out what's on his mind to someone without a filter.

Was he betrayed by that person? Apparently so.

Rex' denial, passionate or not, doesn't make the story false. It's not the first time in history someone has publicly denied doing or saying something to save face.

Didn't Rex deny all of the foot fetish stories?
    actually, he didn't.

he declined to speak on it altogether.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This must be your first exposure to Manish.
    You too. If you read his stories, he has been supporting Rex for quite a while.