Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta report is false

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you know what would be a really huge story

if somebody did a search and found ONE post from reptilleon that didn't hate everything about the football team he alleges to be a fan of

reptilleon must lead one miserable llfe
    Notice the attack. This is what the fanboys do when confronted by the truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Notice the attack. This is what the fanboys do when confronted by the truth.
    The truth is you admitted yourself that you enjoy being negative about the team.. Care to deny that??

So let me get this straight.

Manish is working on a story. Rex gets wind of it and calls to deny it but the denial's OTR?

Bull****.

That makes no sense. You want to refute a story that has enraged you, and so you speak to the reporter and then say, "I'm denying it, but that's off the record."

What? That's garbage, and anyone who's thinking at all here will see that Manish is lying about at least that part of this whole pathetic trollfest by the NYDN.

I'm not visiting the NYDN page and I'm going to #blockmanish on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The truth is you admitted yourself that you enjoy being negative about the team.. Care to deny that??
    who isn't negative on the team these days. nothing much positive happening besides for... oh wait i cant think of one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    actually, he didn't.

he declined to speak on it altogether.
    Facts-shmacts. HE'S A LIAR!!!! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    who isn't negative on the team these days. nothing much positive happening besides for... oh wait i cant think of one thing.
    I knew negative fans even when we won it all in 69.. Alot of fans that can't afford therapy find that ranting on the board gives them some relief.. I agree this year has been a total cluster fu_k..

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    People call Rex a liar because he says things like "we have confidence in Mark" even when it was clear that the Jets lost confidence in him. I think people are confusing lying with "coach talk."
    THIS.

It's almost as if nobody on this board has played a sport before.

The Jets are on salvia this year (psychedelic) and like the plant they need to be banned from the sports pages this season

Jets Insider VIP
    actually, he didn't.

he declined to speak on it altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Facts-shmacts. HE'S A LIAR!!!! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!!
    You're right. I suppose it's hard to actually deny something when there's visual evidence as opposed to denying something that was said but not recorded. Sometimes silence, or in his case ("it's a personal matter") says it all.

Again, is this the first time in history someone has adamantly denied saying or doing something to save face? I'll ask that again without qualifying it with a specific reference. How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Oh do tell? Show me where I said I ENJOY being negative about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're right. I suppose it's hard to actually deny something when there's visual evidence as opposed to denying something that was said but not recorded. Sometimes silence, or in his case ("it's a personal matter") says it all.

Again, is this the first time in history someone has adamantly denied saying or doing something to save face? I'll ask that again without qualifying it with a specific reference. How's that?
    I.must.respond.I'm.a.confrontational.dbag.and.must .refute.all.who.oppose.me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Oh do tell? Show me where I said I ENJOY being negative about the team.
    You may not enjoy it, but you are a blowhard clown about it.

Cimini: It's on Woody to clean up Jets' mess

Bemoaning the plight of his team in a recent staff meeting, Rex Ryan considered the grim circumstances -- the roster, the quarterback situation, the salary cap, etc. -- and remarked that he'd be better off getting fired, according to a team source. The source said Ryan was joking.

The coach of the New York Jets wasn't in a joking mood Friday, expressing outrage at a New York Daily News report that said he may want out if owner Woody Johnson isn't willing to spend money to rebuild the offense.

Ryan hadn't been this fired up since almost coming to blows with Brandon Jacobs after the 2011 Christmas Eve debacle against the New York Giants.

Ryan said he was "mad as a hornet," shooting down the report and professing his loyalty to the Jets. The only thing he didn't do was prick his finger and take a blood oath, committing to La Cosa Woody for life.

It's pretty clear what's going on here. Ryan didn't articulate it Friday because he was too busy denying things, but he's frustrated and concerned about his future, and rightly so.

Ryan hasn't received a vote of confidence, publicly or privately, from Johnson, according to sources. Johnson hasn't been seen around the facility as much as usual, fueling speculation within the building. Everyone is in the dark, waiting for Johnson to do something -- or nothing at all.

Ryan's "head is spinning," according to a person who knows him. He faces so much uncertainly, now and in the future.

His offense stinks. He knows it, we all know it. He doesn't have a quarterback for 2013, his coordinator has to go, he needs playmakers and he has only two years left on his contract, which doesn't give him much time to get it fixed -- one year. If he doesn't make the playoffs next year, which would be three straight years out of the tournament, he's a goner.

Let's use a driving analogy: Ryan is driving down a dead-end street, at night, and his headlights are out.

Whether Ryan has the gumption to stage a power play, which the newspaper report suggests is a possibility, remains to be seen. Whether he's willing to take an off-hand joke from a meeting and bring it to Johnson in the form of an ultimatum, well, that too remains to be seen.

Ryan stated emphatically he never would make any demands to Johnson and that he doesn't want to coach another team. Not now, not ever. He said he wants to coach the Jets for 15 years. Of course, this is the same coach who said he'd never bench Mark Sanchez.

It was quite a convincing performance by Ryan, who sounded like the old Rex -- fiery. He also addressed the matter in a team meeting and got so worked up that he cried, according to players.

If Ryan was lying, he missed his true calling -- acting.

Now the question is, what next?

The next move belongs to Johnson, who must take control of his dysfunctional franchise, formulate a vision for the future and make it happen. This sort of thing -- cracks in the organization -- has happened every few years on Johnson's watch. Remember the Herm Edwards escape in '05? Johnson needs to exert more leadership, and that doesn't mean more appearances on political TV shows.

The first order of business is to make a decision on Ryan. From all indications, Johnson wants to retain him. Quietly exploring the general-manager market, the Jets have sent out word they'd like to hire someone willing to keep Ryan as his coach, league sources said. That tells you that Johnson wants Ryan to be part of the future.

Johnson should be all-in with Ryan, or cut bait. If you believe in the man, show your commitment with a one-year contract extension. That would placate Ryan. Sure, it's unusual to reward a coach after a losing season, but we're talking about a franchise that gave Sanchez a three-year extension after a mediocre year. At least Ryan's salary doesn't count toward the cap.

Ryan is 34-29, plus four playoff victories. He deserves another chance. Now it's up to Johnson to clean up the mess.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...onal-franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

of course it wouldn't be the first time someone lies to save face.

but it was more than just a "that didn't happen" statement, it was pretty much an entire press conference dedicated to that denial, while divulging specific details of his conversation with Manish and how the article basically ignored what Rex said.

the fact that Mehta didn't even show up to the press conference says all I need to know about the validity of his article.

Practice Squad
    Isn't Manish the clown who's unnamed sources told him McElroy was going to start against the Titans? That says it all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You may not enjoy it, but you are a blowhard clown about it.
    LOL.

The irony.

Jets Insider VIP

but it was more than just a "that didn't happen" statement, it was pretty much an entire press conference dedicated to that denial, while divulging specific details of his conversation with Manish and how the article basically ignored what Rex said.

the fact that Mehta didn't even show up to the press conference says all I need to know about the validity of his article.
    None of this really matters anyway. Rex is Rex. He won't change. I don't think he's HC material. Others do and defend him. He'll be here next year. And, in my opinion, that's unfortunate.

I believe he (and I think other beat reporters) usually doesn't go to Friday's pressers and send their backups...But since he knew the story was coming out Friday he should have gone...And probably why he (and the the NYDN) ran it...

But as Cimini's article states Rex did say it albeit reportedly in a joking fashion..

The media is really making things worse.

Pettine Frustrated over Rex..? source of leaks ...?

=Mannish also says report 100 percent true. Now I don't likeManush but Rex is 100 percent a liar. Iam tired of his stories.

... WELL, Francessa says its true, so it must be. The underlying question is : if Mike Pettine is a source for Manish Mehta... Why is that exactly.? Why would Pettine say anything negative at all.?