Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Phish tonight, *****es!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I love the Dead, but for some reason I can't get into Phish. Any recommended listens to change my mind?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Yes. Listen to Shakedown street a hundy times in a row.... and you will then change your mind and hate the dead.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Try this one it was awesome, Branford and Bruce.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I love the Dead, but for some reason I can't get into Phish. Any recommended listens to change my mind?
    Pay no attention to the lyrics as they are mostly fun and nonsensical. Go to www.phishtracks.com and check out the 12/30/97 show. It's the top rated show by fans on Phish.net I also happened to be there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In summing it up Den den den...lol. Mellow listening.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Try this one it was awesome, Branford and Bruce.

Its a really long....disco song. No matter who does fills in it.

-

do you have spotify? check out the hampton/winston-salem '97 box set. any of 4/2.3.4 and 5/98 are great. better yet, take a flyer on one of the sure-to-be-webcast shows from colorado over labor day weekend. watch this space as time goes by for more info.

The album I always suggest to guys is Rift. Try that from start to finish. Then check out these songs - Divided Sky, You Enjoy Myself, The Curtain With, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope, Lizards, Slave to the Traffic Light, and Harry Hood. Youtube, livephish, itunes, etc will have them... there are literally hundreds more songs, many of which have their own special place on a Phish-for-beginners list, but that's a good starting block.

Phish's Trey on Guitar/Vocals
    Phish's Page on Keys/Vocals
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Listen to THIS, Fish... From 15 years ago

How FOUR guys could pull this off like they did is incredible to me.
    And they did it justice.
    Also the emotion hits Trey during "And the whistle is screaming" line. LOVE IT
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-09-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Hooked.

There is simply ZERO alternative than taking the plunge and going to a show.

I have never met ONE SINGLE person who regretted that decision, myself included, and I was not a fan before I went to my first show.

Over 100+ shows later, I'm always left picking my face off the floor. (And I don't do drugs at the shows. (outside of beers and an occasional puff if someone passes a bowl of nugs to me)

One more for now... assuming you're checking these out. This is a MUST listen all the way through. MAYHEM.

And keep in mind they play almost EVERY style of music and do it VERY well. This is coming from a touring Semi-Pro musician.

From ATL this past summer. One of my favorite Phish tunes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Over 100+ shows later, I'm always left picking my face off the floor. (And I don't do drugs at the shows. (outside of beers and an occasional puff if someone passes a bowl of nugs to me)
    220px-Humphrey_Bogart_in_The_Treasure_of_the_Sierra_Madre_trailer.jpg

linky link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/autumnahlers

sounding good tonight from Colorado.

ICCULUS, F***NUTS!!!

Setlist is spelling something backwards

Sweet baby Jesus!

Ghost
    NICU
    Icculus
    Heavy Things
    Theme From the Bottom
    Esther
    Moma Dance
    Ocelot (pee break)
    Stash
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.

something is being spelled out backwards...

SMOKE SOMETHING!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not a Deadhead, not by far. But I did go to one show back in the early 90s at the Coliseum for the halibut. I remember storming something awesome in the lot, then stumbling in. Drawing upon my extremely limited knowledge of the Dead, at some point during the show I mentioned to some smelly jobless hippy next to me that it would be awesome if they played Terrapin Station. The smug condescending look on this dick's face when he informed me that the Dead "don't play Terrapin in concert" was pretty extreme. Imagine my delight when two songs later, we both heard the unmistakable strains of Terrapin, as I looked him in his horrified eyes with my most bestly "AAAAAHHH YOOOO DOOOOOSHBAGGG" look.

I love being me.