Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Going to Phish tonight, *****es!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Pretty much everyone I know that requested the three day pass got shut out.
    Oh no...they needed a miracle...and dint get one?

NO! Oh well. Guess its back to shuttling the kids to soccer and Lax, dropping the cleaning lady off at the LIRR and picking up a Hot Latte Grande Del Mundo at Starbucks on the way to hot yoga.

Gangsta life be off the hook, yo.

-

tickets will be on the ground. no need to do anything now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

NO! Oh well. Guess its back to shuttling the kids to soccer and Lax, dropping the cleaning lady off at the LIRR and picking up a Hot Latte Grande Del Mundo at Starbucks on the way to hot yoga.

-
    You just described my wife, not me. Minus the miracle. Bozo.

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    tickets will be on the ground. no need to do anything now.
    That only happened to me once - PNC '99. Sick SOaM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You just described my wife, not me. Minus the miracle. Bozo.

-

Jets Insider VIP

-
    To be fair, she hates Starbucks and would rather run than do hot yoga. Six months since the most recent addition and the cold is preventing her from running. Not that it shows...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Everyone get what they wanted? I got Friday and Saturday at Randall's Island. Pretty much everyone I know that requested the three day pass got shut out.
    I guess they have a mod allotment cause I got the 3 dayer. Pretty much no chance of me going 3 nights so I'm not sure why I bothered....impulse purchase, I guess. It was near the register.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

-
    Look, if you continue to come in to the "I used to be a pseudo-hippy back when I had a life but now I only play one 3x a year" threads and cause trouble, then I will come in to your "Best ways to beat a minority suspect without showing marks" threads and hijack them as well.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    im a huge dead head. never crazy about fish, but lately warming uyp to them. no matter what ive always respected the talent

have fun
    This explains A LOT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I guess they have a mod allotment cause I got the 3 dayer. Pretty much no chance of me going 3 nights so I'm not sure why I bothered....impulse purchase, I guess. It was near the register.
    Did you get the ferry passes? Something tells me the NYPD will be fishing (pun intended) a few wook corpses out of the East River that weekend.

not a huge fan but have fun

talented band though.....

im seeing trey and friends in 3 weeks at the wannee fest

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Did you get the ferry passes? Something tells me the NYPD will be fishing (pun intended) a few wook corpses out of the East River that weekend.
    Yeah - I'm coming from the city anyway so I'd really rather not drive. Although perhaps for Saturday at least tailgating may be an option. Of course, if you're driving, I could always crash yours!

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah - I'm coming from the city anyway so I'd really rather not drive. Although perhaps for Saturday at least tailgating may be an option. Of course, if you're driving, I could always crash yours!
    Bring some fcuking cooked food this time.

Governer's Ball website says no parking on Randall's Island. F*ck You Phish.

Hey don't worry. You can walk from Harlem, across the 103rd Street footbridge, passed the Psych Center, NY State Trooper barracks, and the *wastewater* treatment plant and be at Icahn Stadium in about a half hour.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Governer's Ball website says no parking on Randall's Island. F*ck You Phish.
    If this is true I'm selling my tickets. It will be beyond a pain in the ass to get there from Long Island. Governor's Ball website also says no tailgating on Randall's Island. I don't remember reading about any of this on Phish.com

If this is true I'm selling my tickets. It will be beyond a pain in the ass to get there from Long Island. Governor's Ball website also says no tailgating on Randall's Island. I don't remember reading about any of this on Phish.com
    Yes, i heard there will be no lot to speak of at Randalls. Sounds ghey.

Not even sure what shows I'm hittin up. Kinda wanna check out MPP. Never been to that bltch.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Yes, i heard there will be no lot to speak of at Randalls. Sounds ghey.

Not even sure what shows I'm hittin up. Kinda wanna check out MPP. Never been to that bltch.
    I love Merriweather. Great tailgating (at least there was) and a smaller venue than Nissan.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love Merriweather. Great tailgating (at least there was) and a smaller venue than Nissan.
    Agreed. As far as lawns go, MPP's is great.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Agreed. As far as lawns go, MPP's is great.
    One of my favorite concert memories from MPP....

Was at a Buffett show there a while back. We brought my buddy's prissy wife who was very reluctant to go...."What is it...a bunch of fat old men in grass skirts and coconut bras????" "NO....well actually, that's exactly what it is, but its a lot of fun."

We had a great tailgate - she's finally down with the program and almost ready to concede that its a lot of fun. We've got a big group on the lawn, we pick up some giant 22oz beers and beach balls are a buzzin. My buddy turns to his wife, bends down and says "See, isn't it really fun?" when a beach ball comes flying in and another friend (who doesn't know this girl) goes to punch it up. Of course, his fist coming up at the same time that the other guy - beer in hand - is turning to his wife and .......BAMMMM. 21.5 oz of beer gets dumped all over her. I swear not a drop hit the ground.

It was all I could do not to go into hysterics. I swear she was having convulsions followed by real rage. She spent the whole first set back at the car drying out. Of course, my buddy had to go with her and try and calm her down. I still see the whole thing in slow motion.

Jets Insider VIP
    One of my favorite concert memories from MPP....

Was at a Buffett show there a while back. We brought my buddy's prissy wife who was very reluctant to go...."What is it...a bunch of fat old men in grass skirts and coconut bras????" "NO....well actually, that's exactly what it is, but its a lot of fun."

We had a great tailgate - she's finally down with the program and almost ready to concede that its a lot of fun. We've got a big group on the lawn, we pick up some giant 22oz beers and beach balls are a buzzin. My buddy turns to his wife, bends down and says "See, isn't it really fun?" when a beach ball comes flying in and another friend (who doesn't know this girl) goes to punch it up. Of course, his fist coming up at the same time that the other guy - beer in hand - is turning to his wife and .......BAMMMM. 21.5 oz of beer gets dumped all over her. I swear not a drop hit the ground.

It was all I could do not to go into hysterics. I swear she was having convulsions followed by real rage. She spent the whole first set back at the car drying out. Of course, my buddy had to go with her and try and calm her down. I still see the whole thing in slow motion.
    I can picture it unfolding, complete with the "did that really just effing happen" look on everyone's faces for a split second. Haven't been to a Jimmy Buffett show in probably 4 years and would love to go again, so would my wife, but none of our friends are into him anymore.