Thread: Assuming Manish's Report is correct

Assuming Manish's Report is correct

Isn't this exactly what we want to hear from Rex? Everyone complains that Rex doesn't focus enough on Offense and that all the drafts had his "fingerprints" all over them with picks like Wilson, Coples and Wilkerson. Now assuming the reports are true (and since this is from Manish, you never know) isn't this a good sign?

I think the offense has been neglected in recent years. Whether it was using the last 3 1st round picks on defense or failing to bring in quality veteran WRs, the offensive woes are largely the reason why Mr. T will be gone.

Part of me hopes these reports are true because it would be one of the few smart moves Rex has made all year.

When Rex came in the Dline was in desperate need of overhaul.. He brought in jenkins who was huge when he was healthy, which wasnt much.. Dline is very important for D, as the Oline is for O. And Rex seems to have done a great job with Mo and Coples.. Ellis solid later round pick..Mo is looking like a steal for what was 3 picks from the 2nd round.. Mangini was big on Oline, and made two solid 1st round picks for Oline in DBrick and Mangold..Now its def time to draft a few Oline again early.. MT traded so many picks away past few years we hadnt gotten chance to.. Its too bad Jets had such great years in 09, 10, would loved to have a low pick to take a guy like AJ Watts..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    When Rex came in the Dline was in desperate need of overhaul.. He brought in jenkins who was huge when he was healthy, which wasnt much.. Dline is very important for D, as the Oline is for O. And Rex seems to have done a great job with Mo and Coples.. Ellis solid later round pick..Mo is looking like a steal for what was 3 picks from the 2nd round.. Mangini was big on Oline, and made two solid 1st round picks for Oline in DBrick and Mangold..Now its def time to draft a few Oline again early.. MT traded so many picks away past few years we hadnt gotten chance to.. Its too bad Jets had such great years in 09, 10, would loved to have a low pick to take a guy like AJ Watts..
    Rex did not bring in Jenkins. 2008 season. Mangini and Tanny.

Hall Of Fame
    Too little too late.

And that is not to mention we are assuming the HC is using the media to communicate to the owner which is not a good way to work. I know other coaches have done it but that doesn't make it right.

No matter how you slice or spin this it is bad.

All Pro
    If Ryan loses his job it will be all his fault. I wont feel sad for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the report is true, the first thoughts I had were:

1) Rex threw his GM under the bus, and
    2) Rex absolved himself of any blame for the offense, including how the offense was run on gameday, which is part of the responsibility of the HC.

All this after stating during the off-season that he was going to become more involved with the offense, including attending meetings, because of his admission previously that he did not have the pulse of the team.

Assuming Manish's report is correct, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

2) Rex absolved himself of any blame for the offense, including how the offense was run on gameday, which is part of the responsibility of the HC.

All this after stating during the off-season that he was going to become more involved with the offense, including attending meetings, because of his admission previously that he did not have the pulse of the team.

Get rid of all of them. This team tries to patch a staff together, and this is the problem. Bring in a GM who will build a winner.

I will be very interested to hear about the last two years of this mess from some of the people who are about to be looking for another job
    I have a feeling we have not heard the real story of what has been taking place behind closed doors at the Jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    Who is AJ Watts?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Who is AJ Watts?
    JJ's Bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    1) As another poster said, Rex didn't bring in Jenkins. Mangini did.

2) "D-line is important for D, as the Oline is for O." Going out on a limb there.

3) AJ Watts?

lel
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 12-29-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not in favor of seeing Rex get fired, but...

1. Rex's first draft pick ever as HC was Mark Sanchez. Mark is Rex's guy.
    2. Rex played a big role in bringing Sparano here to run the ground and pound.
    3. Rex has always "deferred" a lot of offensive decisions to the offensive coach, even if he has recently gotten "more involved on offense."

I think part of the problem is simply the degradation of the running game over time. In 2009-2010 we had Thomas Jones and a young Shonn Greene running behind FB Tony Richardson and an Oline that included Damien Woody and a younger Brandon Moore.

By 2010-2011, I think the running game was even better with LT adding a solid veteran presence in place of TJ and we still had Richardson and Woody.

By last year the key pieces were all gone. Shonn Greene (who is a less than average starter) was running behind a Oline that had lost solid veterans and a major downgrade at FB from Tony Richardson. That was the major drop-off in the Jets ground and pound. In Rex's first two years he got to AFC Championships with a young, average QB simply because he had some weapons (Edwards, Holmes, a healthy Keller) but also had Tony Richardson, Damien Woody, etc. blocking for some decent running backs.

The Jets let the Oline degrade and were never able to effectively replace Tony Richardson at FB. They also tried to get by on the cheap at WR by going from Edwards to Plaxico to a rookie from 2010 to 2011 to 2012.

Sanchez has been really bad this year, no doubt about it, but the entire offense has been neglected since 2010 in my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm not in favor of seeing Rex get fired, but...

1. Rex's first draft pick ever as HC was Mark Sanchez. Mark is Rex's guy.
    2. Rex played a big role in bringing Sparano here to run the ground and pound.
    3. Rex has always "deferred" a lot of offensive decisions to the offensive coach, even if he has recently gotten "more involved on offense."

I think part of the problem is simply the degradation of the running game over time. In 2009-2010 we had Thomas Jones and a young Shonn Greene running behind FB Tony Richardson and an Oline that included Damien Woody and a younger Brandon Moore.

By 2010-2011, I think the running game was even better with LT adding a solid veteran presence in place of TJ and we still had Richardson and Woody.

By last year the key pieces were all gone. Shonn Greene (who is a less than average starter) was running behind a Oline that had lost solid veterans and a major downgrade at FB from Tony Richardson. That was the major drop-off in the Jets ground and pound. In Rex's first two years he got to AFC Championships with a young, average QB simply because he had some weapons (Edwards, Holmes, a healthy Keller) but also had Tony Richardson, Damien Woody, etc. blocking for some decent running backs.

The Jets let the Oline degrade and were never able to effectively replace Tony Richardson at FB. They also tried to get by on the cheap at WR by going from Edwards to Plaxico to a rookie from 2010 to 2011 to 2012.

Sanchez has been really bad this year, no doubt about it, but the entire offense has been neglected since 2010 in my opinion.
    And Rex also hand-picked Richardson's replacement who turned out to be an abomination at FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Jordy, I thought the same thing when I read the report! And I didn't realize he'd said he would become more involved with the offense - that really seems to have been a lie. Unless by being more involved he meant finding an OC like Sparano and dumping it all in his lap.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

Why is Rex getting all the credit for the Defense instead of Pettine? If Rex has spent the past 4 years micromanaging the Defense instead of learning how to be a Head Coach, he really needs to be fired. Sounds to me like he inherited a good team in 2009-2010, and then shot it to h3ll and back.

So has anyone read the new story by Manish. Saw it in his twitter...not sure how to post it but it seems like he is backing down from his original story

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2