Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 48 Hours Left In The Rex Ryan Era - Rejoice!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to say what happens to the suckchez. Arguably the worst QB trio in the league but let's not kick a dead horse.

I'm still a fan of Rex. Critical of him but still a fan. Would like to see him use his lessons learned here vs starting over yet again.

However if he has a hand in more dumb****ery like Sanchez being "his guy" and a commitment to play geriatric slow pals then the sob should be fired pronto.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As scary as it is, Sanchez was his best option. And those old linebackers are out the door, we knew that when the season started, that they were playing there last year here, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    As scary as it is, Sanchez was his best option. And those old linebackers are out the door, we knew that when the season started, that they were playing there last year here, right?
    Agreed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see DD how a new GM could come here, and keep Sanchez. If he plays, and stinks it up again, the new GM is already fodder for the NY Media. Its really best or Sanchez too. Woody's gonna lose some money, but at this point, considering its the quarterback position, he'll do it, and probably agree with it too.
    They are probably bringing in one of Rex's boys from Baltimore to be GM and Rex will stay

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't believe with all the **** that has gone on with this team that people still want Rex around. All this media nonsense stems from him. All of it. How you guys can't see that is really beyond me. The guy has embarrassed this franchise time and time again.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Only two days left, just one short weekend, and then we get some respectability back here, get someone talented who actually knows how to motivate a team and compete for a division title.

Goodbye Rex. Good riddance.

SAR I
    Hey ya never know, but Rex helped Woody accomplish his first goal. Loyalty will remain, for now.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an original thread.

Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'll enjoy next season knowing this loudmouth clown has to deal with another year of Rex in ny. Suck it
    OWNED!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media frenzy surrounding the Jets was a tebow thing. Thats what all the talk was about. It was a huge mistake and Rex has to take part of the blame. But to blame those turnover filled games on Ryan, and suggesting Ryan can't coach because his quarterback stinks, is not fair. And i don't really care what Gary Myers thinks anyway, who the hell is he.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I just can't believe with all the **** that has gone on with this team that people still want Rex around. All this media nonsense stems from him. All of it. How you guys can't see that is really beyond me. The guy has embarrassed this franchise time and time again.

WRONG

The media nonsense would be here whether it was him or any other coach. This year's media nonsense stems from Tebow, and nothing more. How can any NY fan not see this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and SAR must have been feeling left out, another "hey look at me, I'm lonely, and nobody is giving me attention thread..."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to Rex being the HC of his team the New York Jets next season and for 15 more after that.

His only mistake were staying too long with the horrible turnover machine from USC and not telling Tannenbaum that if he went through with trading for even worse Teblow they'd have to get a new head coach.

He was too nice and too loyal and ended up stuck with arguable the worst QB duo in NFL history for the whole season

But things will be fixed now with Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow released on Monday and with Pickchez either traded to some sucker for a used jockstrap or demoted to third string scout team inactive list until he can be dumped in the dustbin at the end of 13.

The 2013 qbs that play will be GMac and either relatively cheap veteran or a draft pick. The three will compete in TC and the two winners will be 1 and 2 with 3 guy maybe even hanging around to remove the possibility of Pickchez ever being activated

I think this will result in a refreshed and invigorated Rex and a much better QB situation than the disaster of 2012

Teblow cut
    Pickchez the inactive # 3 or #4

1000 % better

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    They are probably bringing in one of Rex's boys from Baltimore to be GM and Rex will stay
    The same personnel in Baltimore that told Rex: "Thanks, but no thanks." ?

I doubt it.

Clinkscales returning to be the G.M. is the most logical thing I've seen posted so far. If Rex remains, no proven G.M. worth his salt is coming here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media frenzy surrounding the Jets was a tebow thing. Thats what all the talk was about. It was a huge mistake and Rex has to take part of the blame. But to blame those turnover filled games on Ryan, and suggesting Ryan can't coach because his quarterback stinks, is not fair. And i don't really care what Gary Myers thinks anyway, who the hell is he.
    The Tebow aspect exacerbated the issue, I agree. However this circus has been around long before Tebow showed up. It showed up the day Rex started guaranteeing he'll meet the president, guaranteeing Superbowl wins, declaring he won't be kissing rings, declaring the Jets are now the #1 team in town, getting plastered on the headlines with his fetish of watching other guys rail his wife while sucking her feet, losing his lockerroom, admitting he has no clue about the offensive side of the ball, continuing to not pay attention to the offensive side of the ball, having players mouth off to the media, and now apparently KNOWING his right hand man was leaking stories to the media and not firing him on the spot. How mush more do we want?

I can guarantee you one thing for certain, keep Rex around and I can assure you more embarrassing news from Florham Park will be imminent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The same personnel in Baltimore that told Rex: "Thanks, but no thanks." ?

I doubt it.

Clinkscales returning to be the G.M. is the most logical thing I've seen posted so far. If Rex remains, no proven G.M. worth his salt is coming here.
    Yea, I posted that myself last week, that doesn't mean Clinkscales would want to come back to this mess

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is staying here for at least another year. If we get flynn for SARchez and $$$, ill take that deal. HE CANT BE WORSE. We get a new OC and DC and a LIL help on the O side and presto Rex is a hero.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea, I posted that myself last week, that doesn't mean Clinkscales would want to come back to this mess
    Perhaps we could turn back the clocks to Terry Bradway.

LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Rex is staying here for at least another year. If we get flynn for SARchez and $$$, ill take that deal. HE CANT BE WORSE. We get a new OC and DC and a LIL help on the O side and presto Rex is a hero.
    Why is he riding pine?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking REX A DYSFUNCTION- WHY ELSE WOULD PETTINE LEAK STORIES.?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    His name is Not Rex Ryan.

SAR I
    =Woody has been keeping extra Quiet-- I think that bodes well for BIG changes coming to Jetsland. I think Rex has lost the team and made us a national joke; i hope Mr. Sar is right and we get a better HC .

... btw.... Since Mike Pettine is the " deep throat " for leaks to writer Manish Mehta.... doesn't that intensify the position that Rex creates dysfuction as a leader/ manager and should be replaced.?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if...

Right now i think Woody would prefer to hire someone internally for the GM spot. Clinkscales would be the type of move Woody would do.

Here is the problem. whoever the new GM is will most likely get a three or four year contract. So regardless of how bad the team may be next year, this person is going to be here a while.

Now, I think the only reason Woody isn't firing Rex is because he has two years left on his contract. Unless he turns into Al Davis and breaks out is overhead projector, he is not going to eat two years of Rex's salary.

So, how does this team recruit a competent OC- knowing we have no QB, and very few options at QB and a HC that is going to be on the hot seat for the next 2 seasons?

We are obviously going to bring in a scrub like Cameron and give him a two year deal or we go big and try to bring in someone like Turner and offer him a much longer contract.

Now, there in lies the problem. If its someone like Cameron, we will be throwing away at least one season until we clean house and fire the entire staff where our under-qualified GM now gets to pick the CS.

Or, if we go get someone like Turner: if it doesn't work out we fire Rex , we then either promote Turner to HC because he would still have 3 years left on his contract or we force a new HC to coach with Rex's staff meaning he won't be a top notch coach.

In any of these scenarios , none are optimal. Only the Jets.