Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Only 48 Hours Left In The Rex Ryan Era - Rejoice!

Veteran
    Clean house, a real GM wouldn't want this effin clown as their coach....goodbye Rex...

REX MUST GO! Hey SG3, what was your preseason prediction on wins and loses? LOL!

You watch that post-game press conference and just shake your head. Rex is still doing everything to shield his defense from even the most minute criticism.

For you folks still in the Rex camp, understand that he still, after four years on the job, cannot understand that the entire team--all three phases--are his domain, not just his darling defense. Please, Woody, send this failed excuse for a HC packing. Rex deserves it.

All Pro
    Lets hope the recruiter they hired is smart enough to tell Woody, "Listen, if you want a top notch guy, we have to get rid of Bozo. No good canidate is going to take the job knowing they have to keep this buffoon."

The deal is simple---You hire the best GM you can find, then you allow him to decide who he wants to coach the team. This his how mature management functions in the NFL. No GM worth anything will take this job if he doesn't have that power.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lets hope the recruiter they hired is smart enough to tell Woody, "Listen, if you want a top notch guy, we have to get rid of Bozo. No good canidate is going to take the job knowing they have to keep this buffoon."
    What about Trung or Reischea?

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Mike Tannenbaum fired as #Jets general manager. Rex Ryan will remain head coach | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...d_as_jets.html

COMMENCE SAR I BUTTMAD.

Great job, Nostradumbass

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Great job, Nostradumbass
    But SAR is never wrong.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    But SAR is never wrong.
    Rex Ryan should have been fired. SAR is right.

I'm unfortunately not the owner, can't help it if he's afraid to cut the cord.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great job, Nostradumbass
    Korn/Ferry is running this show. I'm sure their recommendation was to cut the GM first, make a public statement that Rex Ryan is the coach so as to retain the staff, and then see what the GM search turns up.

If the Jets find a fantastic GM that wants to come here, are all ga-ga over him, and he insists that Rex Ryan has to go, they'll fire him next month.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    SAR is right.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If the Jets find a fantastic GM that wants to come here, are all ga-ga over him, and he insists that Rex Ryan has to go, they'll fire him next month.

SAR I
    A rare agreement. +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    The deal is simple---You hire the best GM you can find, then you allow him to decide who he wants to coach the team. This his how mature management functions in the NFL. No GM worth anything will take this job if he doesn't have that power.
    Exactly.

Unfortunately it looks like Woody is taking the slow-road approach. That said, let Rex Ryan ride it out, let him get migraines as we go 6-10 again next season, and then in 2014 we're a year into a new GM and can pick up a great HC then and tap a good QB too.

We all know the Jets are in the midst of a 3-4 year rebuild. Much as I want Rex gone, it's just going to have to wait another year, that's all.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Korn/Ferry is running this show. I'm sure their recommendation was to cut the GM first, make a public statement that Rex Ryan is the coach so as to retain the staff, and then see what the GM search turns up.

SAR I
    LOL..what staff? This team needs all 3 coordinators and a QB coach right now. Not sure that constitutes retaining the staff.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A rare agreement. +1
    For better or worse, we're embarking on a 3-4 year rebuild. I guess if Korn/Ferry thinks its best to chop the GM first and the HC second, that's the process Woody and the fans are going to follow.

With Rex Ryan or without Rex Ryan, we're 6-10 again next year anyway, let him get the headaches and then hire a great HC with an established GM in place a year from now.

It's all about 2015. Bill and Tom will be gone, someone's going to take control of the AFC East, it better be us.

SAR I

SAR I
    I agree with that...

Problem is, you promised he'd be fired today.

I am disappoint.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL..what staff? This team needs all 3 coordinators and a QB coach right now. Not sure that constitutes retaining the staff.
    Look, you know I wanted Rex fired, so what follows is my guess as to what Korn/Ferry is advising Woody Johnson to do:

If they've determined that there is no Bill Cowher/Bill Parcells type to come in here and instantly flip the whole team, they'd advise Woody to start with the GM.

From their perspective, perhaps it's more enticing to the top GM candidate out there to choose the Jets over the other NFL teams because he a) gets a free year with a lame duck HC and b) he can focus immediately on players and not have to build a coaching staff completely from scratch.

If it were me, and I were a hot young inexperienced GM candidate, it might be overwhelming for me to reshape the entire team in Year 1. Might be better for me to take the Jets job, settle in with existing coaches, and just start picking players and shaping the roster.

Again, I don't agree with keeping Ryan, but I can see how a professional personnel acquisition management company would set this as a 2-year strategy to ensure that we obtain the best quality GM and then the best quality HC in back-to-back semi-controlled offseasons instead of one tumultuous one.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I agree with that...

Problem is, you promised he'd be fired today.

I am disappoint.
    My bad. I'm sorry. Wishful thinking. I felt good about the 50/50 odds.

SAR I

SAR is the fortune-teller we deserve.